Getting A Large Amount Of Daily Carbs From Apples

OP
meatbag

meatbag

I use a pressure cooker, not a crockpot, so yes, only 15 minutes! I'd think with a crockpot it would take a few hours on high. I usually add just half a cup of apple juice to it (to get the steam going) and a bit of salt, but occasionally I'll add some cinnamon or cardamom too. It's best when you use several varieties rather than just one. It's so good I can no longer eat applesauce from the store!

I have a pressure cooker and I think I tried to do this once but it didn't turn out to well for me I dont think I could get a good ratio of apples to liquid to sugar and gave up. Maybe Ill try again with your apple juice method, thanks!

Maya

I eat baked apples daily
I dont feel good with raw apples...bloated, hungry...but cooked or baked -the easiest on stomach (for me).
I peel and slice them thin, sprinkle w. lemon juice, lemon peel,
Mixture of farmers cheese and eggs...pour over sliced apples...and bake until done.
I could eat this 3x a day.

After giving birth I had constipation problems, hemerrhoids...as soon as I starter having these apples, things are smooooth

L

lollipop

I peel and slice them thin, sprinkle w. lemon juice, lemon peel,
Mixture of farmers cheese and eggs...pour over sliced apples...and bake until done.
I could eat this 3x a day.
Interesting idea!

Questions:

Is the lemon peel necessary? What does it add? Is this sort of like a crustless quiche of sorts? How long to bake and at what temperature?

denise

I have a pressure cooker and I think I tried to do this once but it didn't turn out to well for me I dont think I could get a good ratio of apples to liquid to sugar and gave up. Maybe Ill try again with your apple juice method, thanks!
After the apples are done cooking, I puree them (I like my applesauce super smooth) and then I turn on the saute function of the pressure cooker to simmer the sauce for a bit until it thickens up to where I like it--otherwise it would be a bit thin and watery. I've never had to add any sugar to mine--it's always plenty sweet. As I mentioned to Lisa, using several different varieties makes a big difference in flavor, too.

Dobbler

If some people here eat like 300g of table sugar daily, you will be fine with apples lol. atleast they have decent amount of nutrients.

jet9

Doubt this will get much feedback but has anyone tried getting a large chunk of their daily carbohydrate from apples? A lot of fruits seem to bother me; grapes, dates, etc. I think I'm consuming to much soda because it doesn't bother my stomach, it's just starting to seem like not a good idea and I wonder if it's having a negative impact on me. I think it ends up making me hungrier and crave other foods that aren't ideal. Raypeatclips already asked in the email advice section (about apples) but curious to hear anyone's experiences.
how did your experiment with apples go ?

OP
meatbag

meatbag

how did your experiment with apples go ?
Yes, Applesause digests fine. The exception is the store bought brand with vitamin c, found one without the added vitamin c and its fine too.
Anyone have tips for making apples nore easily digestible?
I was having trouble finding orange juice that was sweet but I found a couple frozen oj concentrate brands that are sweet and dont cause any problems. I still eat applesauce sometimes but its time consuming to make and most store bought brands have the added vitamin c. OJ just seems to be best because of the high nutrient content to improve oxidative metabolism- potassium, b1, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals