Ray Peat Interview Get Fit With Jodelle - Iodine, Spider Veins, Oxalates, Fat Loss (July 31)

Recoen

Great discussion!
RP spoke positively about DHA (oxidized form of AA). However, the TLO group always talks about this form becoming oxalate in the body. Has anyone asked him about endogenous oxalate production?
Same with glycine, this apparently becomes oxalic acid without enough B6.
Of course endogenous production seems to be a result of a poor metabolism so what he usually suggest applies.
His comments on gsh would definitely make some “mainstream” health practitioners heads roll lol. Clearly wanting the oxidized state makes the most sense.

Mauritio

Interesting that he didn't discard calcium d glucarate as unsafe or say it also gets rid of the good hormones . He specifically chose to mention that it helps with detoxing estrogen.

Btw I made the same experience! But as soon as I stopped taking it all was as before so the root caused wasn't fixed.

rei

Great discussion!
RP spoke positively about DHA (oxidized form of AA). However, the TLO group always talks about this form becoming oxalate in the body. Has anyone asked him about endogenous oxalate production?
Same with glycine, this apparently becomes oxalic acid without enough B6.
Of course endogenous production seems to be a result of a poor metabolism so what he usually suggest applies.
His comments on gsh would definitely make some “mainstream” health practitioners heads roll lol. Clearly wanting the oxidized state makes the most sense.
why would you want the oxidized state? For instance with pregnenolone, the more you oxidize it the more it goes towards elimination. The forms more oxidized are the stress hormones. mineral&glucocorticoids and estrogens.

Recoen

why would you want the oxidized state? For instance with pregnenolone, the more you oxidize it the more it goes towards elimination. The forms more oxidized are the stress hormones. mineral&glucocorticoids and estrogens.

RP has talked about it a lot. He recently did in this interview about 18min in.

Recoen

whoa! I wish someone had posted this interview on the forums :):
It’s the same one linked in the first post in the thread but on YouTube. I like the YouTube versions better because Jodelle time stamps them.

Kvothe

" I can deal with ants and reason with them" - How can you not follow up on that answer? :(

Dave Clark

When asked about MSM and glutathione, his answer was "not at all.." I wonder if he was just talking about glutathione, or both, because when asked about MSM on another podcast he said it was fine, but to be careful with it and not use too much? Was he just talking about glutathione, or did he change his stance on MSM?

boris

" I can deal with ants and reason with them" - How can you not follow up on that answer? :(
My guess is he was probably referring to dealing with ant infestation in the house by redirecting them.

How to Stop Ant Infestations Humanely
Summary
To humanely prevent ants entering a house, give them a more convenient source of sugar outside the house.

Still would be interesting to hear his specific case :lol: And how exactly did the wasps outsmart him? I often ask myself in Peat interviews "how can you not follow up on that?"

Last edited:
OP
Energizer

Energizer

My guess is he was probably referring to dealing with ant infestation in the house by redirecting them.

Summary
To humanely prevent ants entering a house, give them a more convenient source of sugar outside the house.

Still would be interesting to hear his specific case :lol: And how exactly did the wasps outsmart him? I often ask myself in Peat interviews "how can you not follow up on that?"
Ah good guess! I never thought of it that way, that seems likely.

Kvothe

Summary

We're talking about the same man that told his girlfriend's kitten to look at itself in the mirror - which it apparently did. I assume that lengthy and complicated negotiations between him and representatives of the ants took place. They ended with a treaty agreeing to relocate several ant settlements from his kitchen in exchange for a guarantee of weekly deliveries of sugar, and the permission to use building materials from his backyard for the construction of new settlements and roads.

OP
Energizer

Energizer

We're talking about the same man that told his girlfriend's kitten to look at itself in the mirror - which it apparently did. I assume that lengthy and complicated negotiations between him and representatives of the ants took place. They ended with a treaty agreeing to relocate several ant settlements from his kitchen in exchange for a guarantee of weekly deliveries of sugar, and the permission to use building materials from his backyard for the construction of new settlements and roads.
:D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals