Get Better Log - King - Libido/hair Lets Go

Strongbad

Basically you're feeding candida with high-carb food and sugar while trying to kill them simultaneously? And you don't think they're not going to readjust? Candida is a very smart organism. If they think their live is in danger yet they somehow survive (thanks to sugar and carbs), they'll move elsewhere in your body and thrive. They're very adaptive creature.

And you go out at nights to pick up girls. I assume your drink and sleep late (or little, less than 8-7 hours)? Not only your liver is working hard to get rid of candida, but also working hard to clean up the mess from alcohol? Not to mention sleeping late (or little) is depleting l-carnitine from your heart from removing toxins in your blood

Your diet (pro-candida) and lifestyle (alcohol and sleeping late) are literally destroying your liver and heart at this rate. It'll be awhile for you to get rid of candida.

OP
mayweatherking
Basically you're feeding candida with high-carb food and sugar while trying to kill them simultaneously? And you don't think they're not going to readjust? Candida is a very smart organism. If they think their live is in danger yet they somehow survive (thanks to sugar and carbs), they'll move elsewhere in your body and thrive. They're very adaptive creature.

And you go out at nights to pick up girls. I assume your drink and sleep late (or little, less than 8-7 hours)? Not only your liver is working hard to get rid of candida, but also working hard to clean up the mess from alcohol? Not to mention sleeping late (or little) is depleting l-carnitine from your heart from removing toxins in your blood

Your diet (pro-candida) and lifestyle (alcohol and sleeping late) are literally destroying your liver and heart at this rate. It'll be awhile for you to get rid of candida.

No drinking ever.. the fungus was starting to clear actually, it was a lot less visible, I think from the high zinc possibly. Even at one point everything went back to normal from doing it this way. But something was weird with magnesium.. I don't know why magnesium messed it up. I'm trying to figure that one out. Brian says from progest.. so maybe just drop magnesium until thyroid is back?

Strongbad

I'd drop both if I were you and see if that makes you better. You can add magnesium back in later. Lots of candida flushing involves trial-and-error experimentation.

How long do you usually sleep? I hope it's at least 7-8 hrs per night.

OP
mayweatherking
I'd drop both if I were you and see if that makes you better. You can add magnesium back in later. Lots of candida flushing involves trial-and-error experimentation.

How long do you usually sleep? I hope it's at least 7-8 hrs per night.

Yeah most times at least 8 hours. Yeah I think it is the coke that is causing me problems. I don't know what to eat with beef. I know brian ws saying some sucrose mix or something.....

Brian

i'm getting so sick of this man. i start eating again and then my scalp starts itching. what the hell dude. also my nipples get big after eating beef and coke now all of a sudden. oh my god. this is too much. i don't know what to do anymore. does anyone nkow what's going on? my libido didn't get better after that drop after i took magnesium.

should i just stop magnesium all together?

Are you only doing Magnesium spray? Have you tried any oral forms? Do they also cause strange symptoms? Have your tried kale broth or just well cooked greens? I wouldn't do magnesium spray if it's irritating. I'm not aware of a bath with baking soda and either epsom salt or magnesium chloride causing irritation. How do you respond to that? I think another factor that allows magnesium to absorb topically is being warm enough to sweat and open your pores. Maybe that is why magnesium baths tend to not be irritating and absorb better.

Yeah most times at least 8 hours. Yeah I think it is the coke that is causing me problems. I don't know what to eat with beef. I know brian ws saying some sucrose mix or something.....

Lately I'm wondering if poor carb metabolism whether it be sucrose or starch is often mostly due to intestinal biofilms, not just a high amount of pathogenic bacteria, but mature colonies of bacteria, fungus and yeast protected by a gooey film shield constantly producing endotoxin. Just eating low/no starch, antibiotics, using carrot salad and charcoal might not be enough to get rid of them if they are mature enough. And if your liver is impaired from endotoxin and estrogen I'm not sure if you'll be getting enough energy from coke to raise your metabolism. It seems that if the biofilms are extensive enough they are likely the major cause of decreased intestine, liver and thyroid function.

My current opinion is that if a person has been thyroid and protective hormone deficient for awhile with low gastric acid they have likely developed a full-blown pathogenic biofilm that has now become the major inhibitor of their metabolism.

Here's some decent introductory articles on biofilms:

All About Quorum Sensing and Natural Quorum Sensing Inhibitors

52 Science-Backed Ways to Inhibit Biofilms Naturally (With References)

Just eating a high coconut oil diet may help, but I'm really impressed with the effectiveness and fast results with Gum Spirits of Turpentine as a biofilm disruption agent. Thebigpeatowski has posted about her experiences with it here. It sounds promising.

Last edited:
OP
mayweatherking
Are you only doing Magnesium spray? Have you tried any oral forms? Do they also cause strange symptoms? Have your tried kale broth or just well cooked greens? I wouldn't do magnesium spray if it's irritating. I'm not aware of a bath with baking soda and either epsom salt or magnesium chloride causing irritation. How do you respond to that? I think another factor that allows magnesium to absorb topically is being warm enough to sweat and open your pores. Maybe that is why magnesium baths tend to not be irritating and absorb better.

Lately I'm wondering if poor carb metabolism whether it be sucrose or starch is often mostly due to intestinal biofilms, not just a high amount of pathogenic bacteria, but mature colonies of bacteria, fungus and yeast protected by a gooey film shield constantly producing endotoxin. Just eating low/no starch, antibiotics, using carrot salad and charcoal might not be enough to get rid of them if they are mature enough. And if your liver is impaired from endotoxin and estrogen I'm not sure if you'll be getting enough energy from coke to raise your metabolism. It seems that if the biofilms are extensive enough they are likely the major cause of decreased intestine, liver and thyroid function.

My current opinion is that if a person has been thyroid and protective hormone deficient for awhile with low gastric acid they have likely developed a full-blown pathogenic biofilm that has now become the major inhibitor of their metabolism.

Just eating a high coconut oil diet may help, but I'm really impressed with the effectiveness and fast results with Gum Spirits of Turpentine as a biofilm disruption agent. Thebigpeatowski has posted about her experiences with it here. It sounds promising.

Yeah I am doing the spray! I'm pretty sure it is being absorbed because I feel the effects from it! I think I have some issues with suppleemnts in general. I have found somtimes I will take salt and feel an itch from it, or even taking estroban I will get an itch from it.

My fungus is getting better though on my chest without a doubt. It faded a lot. Maybe I will just stick with the oregeno oil and garlic. I will grab the charcoal. I think I will restart thyroid too. My hair was falling out in CLUMPS last time in the shower, like really, really, really, really bad amounts of hair.

I dk about turpentine. I have researched it a lot around 4 or 5 years ago and found no conclusive evidence on if it was safe. I bought it and found it said it could kill you if ingested then looked into it more. I left a post there to see what he has to say.

But the fungus is actually really faded now when I look at it, not as bad as before.. maybe I am getting somewhere here. I just don't know what the deal is with the magnesium or all the different things like estroban, I thought it would help, I need my D up, but there is no sun where I live right now. Okay I'll get back to you on this.

OP
mayweatherking

You know, I don't think it is the fungus that is the root cause of the problems. I mean, perhaps it is, but why would taking magnesium make me feel so tired that I'm going to pass out and kill my libido and kill my progress? Or calcium for that matter? Something with the balance or something, I'm not sure. Even my sensitivities to estroban. I don't know how that is fungus related. I haven't taken anything today and I feel very warm. Just eating food. I really wonder if the supplements have been hurting me all along. But I feel lost and like I'm losing progress if I'm not taking them! Perhaps I will not take them and then when my cholesterol gets tested tomorrow, crossing fingers it is 200+, then I will take thyroid, then maybe things will fall in place.

Brian

You know, I don't think it is the fungus that is the root cause of the problems. I mean, perhaps it is, but why would taking magnesium make me feel so tired that I'm going to pass out and kill my libido and kill my progress? Or calcium for that matter? Something with the balance or something, I'm not sure. Even my sensitivities to estroban. I don't know how that is fungus related. I haven't taken anything today and I feel very warm. Just eating food. I really wonder if the supplements have been hurting me all along. But I feel lost and like I'm losing progress if I'm not taking them! Perhaps I will not take them and then when my cholesterol gets tested tomorrow, crossing fingers it is 200+, then I will take thyroid, then maybe things will fall in place.

You can't argue with warmth. Sounds like a good plan.

One possibility is that supplemental free forms of oral calcium carbonate and magnesium can be easily captured by biofilms and are used to strengthen their matrix. So you may just end up strengthening any biofilm you already have using concentrated supplemental forms of minerals.

OP
mayweatherking
My skull is officially visible. I have been dreading this day for years. I need a miracle. I am going to start mega dosing D and taking thyroid again. God help me. I got blood work this morning. My d has to be off. Has to. God damn it. The itch is bad as usual. Sigh.

OP
mayweatherking
Thyroid is the answer to everything. .25 grain and now the lights are turning on. This with the new diet.. lets hope this round works.

Strongbad

My skull is officially visible. I have been dreading this day for years. I need a miracle. I am going to start mega dosing D and taking thyroid again. God help me. I got blood work this morning. My d has to be off. Has to. God damn it. The itch is bad as usual. Sigh.

My skull was visible about 6 months after I started Peating, FYI. That's how fast my hair sheds. I had better luck hair-wise when I was low-carbing (much much slower hairloss) than Peating.

I'm semi-low-carbing now so I seem to put a halt on hair loss. Nevertheless, I lost about 90% of hair since last February. I pretty much buzzcut my hair now at least once a month.

Last edited:
OP
mayweatherking
My skull was visible about 6 months after I started Peating, FYI. That's how fast my hair sheds. I had better luck hair-wise when I was low-carbing (much much slower hairloss) than Peating.

I'm semi-low-carbing now so I seem to put a halt on hair loss. Nevertheless, I lost about 90% of hair since last February. I pretty much buzzcut my hair now at least once a month.

Strong yeah we sound similar. I notice some things for sure. Like the inability to utilize calcium or magnesium properly. I think it's because there is no thyroid putting magnesium where it should be. My body feels really locked up constantly, like no muscle relaxation. And hwen I take magnesium I fall asleep or pass out immediately, I think it is not being put in the body, I don't buy the lowering cortisol thing because it will cause an itch as well.

Are you taking thyroid or have you taken it? Or have you checked your vitamin D level? It seems like those two things I can never get right.

tara

Hi Mayweather, I imagine you realise this is not according to Peat's usual advice?

(The advice about needing sleep and about alcohol being burdensome are consistent with Peat's advice - sounds like you have already got these working for you.)

How are you going with eating? How many days in the last two weeks do you think you've eaten 3000+ calories? Approx average calories/day for the last fortnight?
The MG sounds helpful. Are you splitting your doses through the day, including with any thyroid dose you take? Peat has talked about thyroid supplements increasing muscle uptake of Mg, which can lower blood levels fairly quickly - he suggested to someone to try 100mg Mg with every dose of thyroid.

Strongbad

Hi Mayweather, I imagine you realise this is not according to Peat's usual advice?

Sorry, I should have warned beforehand that it's not Peaty to go low carb, but it worked very well for me. I started the candida cleansing at the end of February and now (March) I'm almost candida free. No more die-off symptoms and stomach is getting much better. Had I stayed with high-carb diet I would have still be flushing candida now and who knows how long how many more months it'll take to flush it all out.

FYI, I'm slowly incorporating more carbs into my diet now, although not sugar (yet). Basically small amount of potatoes, rice etc. Baby steps, baby steps...

OP
mayweatherking

(The advice about needing sleep and about alcohol being burdensome are consistent with Peat's advice - sounds like you have already got these working for you.)

How are you going with eating? How many days in the last two weeks do you think you've eaten 3000+ calories? Approx average calories/day for the last fortnight?
The MG sounds helpful. Are you splitting your doses through the day, including with any thyroid dose you take? Peat has talked about thyroid supplements increasing muscle uptake of Mg, which can lower blood levels fairly quickly - he suggested to someone to try 100mg Mg with every dose of thyroid.

Yeah my hair loss started from doing a no carb diet. Although I was in way worse shape then, I couldnt even eat carbs without feeling intense testicle pain so I had no choice.

At least 2k/day.. a lot of days 2500+. It's hard because I'm eating coke as a carb and beef as a protein. Although I am getting 110+ grams of protein a day and 250g+ of carbs everyday. I'm drinking like 6 or 7 cokes a day with a lot of beef. Eggshell calcium, 2 eggs, that's about it. And oysters some days and liver. I mean, what else should I eat? Lol. I can't do starch as I've learned. Just an extra pound of beef? I should probably go donate blood this week to offset this iron.

The thyroid seemed to make a big difference today, I stopped taking it, but I noticed when I take it, I can handle the magnesium now when I just took some with a small amount of thyroid. This may be TMI, but my penis has this "hard flaccid" thing where the muscle is constantly contracted, it seemed to have stopped contracting and went into a semi flaccid state which is nice. I have always suspected my libido problem is from muscle congestion and not being able to relax the muscles there.

@Brian you would find this really, really interesting........

Zinc Deficiency Associated with Hypothyroidism: An Overlooked Cause of Severe Alopecia

she was taking 50mg twice a day though. interesting..........

I really had a strong positive effect when I did like 300grams of zinc that one day, that was the day that started my recovery. Then I took magnesium and I got completely screwed. I wonder if it is possible.. the zinc obviously had an effect.. but without thyroid.. it was not sustainable.. that mixed with taking magnesium and no thyroid.. did not let the magnesium dock into the cells because there is no thyroid.. then that caused my problem to get worse... now that i am taking thyroid again... maybe it will dock correctly if I start taking more zinc.. I am going to go eat some oysters right now

Last edited:

Strongbad

Strong yeah we sound similar. I notice some things for sure. Like the inability to utilize calcium or magnesium properly. I think it's because there is no thyroid putting magnesium where it should be. My body feels really locked up constantly, like no muscle relaxation. And hwen I take magnesium I fall asleep or pass out immediately, I think it is not being put in the body, I don't buy the lowering cortisol thing because it will cause an itch as well.

Are you taking thyroid or have you taken it? Or have you checked your vitamin D level? It seems like those two things I can never get right.

No I don't take thyroid, and I have not checked vitamin D level, either. But I do stay out a lot and get lots of sunlight.

As long as there's lots of candida left in your body, you can't fully ingest magnesium or any other nutrients in that matter. They'll eat your food, release toxins and pressure your liver to hard-detox 24/7. That's why IMO, the effort to be Peaty is fruitless while candida is still around. So I decided not to be Peaty when candida-detoxing and went low-carb. It definitely paid off. I'm starting back on carbs now but walk before run first ;)

tara

I mean, what else should I eat?

Living on beef and coke doesn't look like a balanced diet to me - esp. coke as your only source of carbs. (Haven't seen where Peat's recommended it either, so I don't know how you come to call this 'the Peat Diet'.) I'm not trying to get you to give up coke, just to vary it with some actual food (ie foods that contain more nutrients than just refined sugar).
If it was working for you, that would be fine, but apparently it's not really?

Where are you getting potassium from?
What foods do you like?
If you are really struggling with starch at the moment, then there are various other options to try, eg fresh fruit, stewed fruit, baked fruit, fruit jelly, dried fruit, juice, honey.
I can't remember, but were you having significant difficulty with milk or cheese that put you off them?
How about some well cooked veges or vege broth? (I'm with Strongbad on the value (sometimes at least) of well-cooked veges.)
Stews, soups.
I wouldn't recommend just forcing yourself to double your meat intake with no other variety (unless you are craving more meat, in which case there may be a reason for it).

If most food gives you digestive distress, that makes it more difficult to get enough nourishment to recover, but it doesn't eliminate the need for food.

OP
mayweatherking
Living on beef and coke doesn't look like a balanced diet to me - esp. coke as your only source of carbs. (Haven't seen where Peat's recommended it either, so I don't know how you come to call this 'the Peat Diet'.) I'm not trying to get you to give up coke, just to vary it with some actual food (ie foods that contain more nutrients than just refined sugar).

What foods do you like?
If you are really struggling with starch at the moment, then there are various other options to try, eg fresh fruit, stewed fruit, baked fruit, fruit jelly, dried fruit, juice, honey.
I can't remember, but were you having significant difficulty with milk or cheese that put you off them?
How about some well cooked veges or vege broth? (I'm with Strongbad on the value (sometimes at least) of well-cooked veges.)
Stews, soups.
I wouldn't recommend just forcing yourself to double your meat intake with no other variety (unless you are craving more meat, in which case there may be a reason for it).

If most food gives you digestive distress, that makes it more difficult to get enough nourishment to recover, but it doesn't eliminate the need for food.

i am eating beef as a main protein source... you can't take fruit with beef because it will increase the iron absorption from the food. i do well with OJ.. i have about 24oz of it per day. i am having trouble finding something to match with the iron rich foods that i am consuming right now.

OP
mayweatherking
i just ordered a hair analysis test, it should be here in a few days. according to that study a level of 70 or less shows zinc deficiency on the hair test and it is the most accurate way to tell if there is a problem, so i will see what it says.

OP
mayweatherking

What foods do you like?
Stews, soups.

ok tara i will go buy some collard greens tonight... maybe some honey too i will try again for round2, but i didn't do too great with it last time. honestly i don't erally do great with any sugar, i probably just have a messed up thyroid.