Get a high metabolism with so much physical effort, help me ?

yerrag

Milk, sugar, Orange juice,
Nice. If you handle them well - you have energy all day, you don't get hungry in between meals, you don't gain weight on them - you have good sugar metabolism and your blood sugar is stable.

Taking starch won't hurt either, if your gut is fine. I am used to eating white rice, even if I can eat whiten sugar in place of it. Just used to it. I enjoy many foods that are based in starch. Having and enjoying the variety is part of being healthy IMHO. I won't feel bad eating a hamburger with its buns, nor Yang Chow fried rice.

Nice. If you handle them well - you have energy all day, you don't get hungry in between meals, you don't gain weight on them - you have good sugar metabolism and your blood sugar is stable.

Taking starch won't hurt either, if your gut is fine. I am used to eating white rice, even if I can eat whiten sugar in place of it. Just used to it. I enjoy many foods that are based in starch. Having and enjoying the variety is part of being healthy IMHO. I won't feel bad eating a hamburger with its buns, nor Yang Chow fried rice.
Starch is nice yerrag, very comfy if you have no health problems, but the feeling of being light on your feet, and faster I am sure, in Roni123's case playing football, is an invigorating feeling.

yerrag

Starch is nice yerrag, very comfy if you have no health problems, but the feeling of being light on your feet, and faster I am sure, in Roni123's case playing football, is an invigorating feeling.
I'd really like to clock the same guy on starch and the same guy on simple sugar doing a 100 meter sprint. It would be interesting to see the results.

That guy of course has to have no gut problems and no blood sugar problems.

I'd really like to clock the same guy on starch and the same guy on simple sugar doing a 100 meter sprint. It would be interesting to see the results.

That guy of course has to have no gut problems and no blood sugar problems.
Right?!!

yerrag

Well, no blood oxygen transport issues as well. And maybe a better comparison would be to run in 1k or 5k instead, as sprints rely a lot on anaerobic sugar metabolism and even some fat metabolism.

Well, no blood oxygen transport issues as well. And maybe a better comparison would be to run in 1k or 5k instead, as sprints rely a lot on anaerobic sugar metabolism and even some fat metabolism.
Yes!! I so agree!

Sefton10

Simple answer from me would be to not over complicate it and just eat more on the game/workout days to match the increase in energy expenditure. Your appetite will likely guide you to do this intuitively anyway!

OP
R

Roni123@

I think for long distance running a starch CAN be beneficial, but for something like football you need clarity and quick thinking and starch would not compare to sugar.
I also have this slight impression, it also seems that I can recover more easily, but I am in this for a short time it is difficult to understand

OP
R

Roni123@

Simple answer from me would be to not over complicate it and just eat more on the game/workout days to match the increase in energy expenditure. Your appetite will likely guide you to do this intuitively anyway!
Yeeee

hierundjetzt

I started a starch-free diet, just to reduce the pressure on the digestive system and as a result I ended up increasing the calories consumed.... which is good
Roni123 when you say starch-free, which starches are you actually talking about?

johnysummer

Its definetely possible to have a high metabolism and train hard at the same time. Although its bad if you start doing it while hypothyroid. I train wrestling profesionally 5 times per week for 2 hours each session, never getting sore and my temps and bpm are nearly always optimal without me feeling stressed. The main problem I think is lactic acid and overstimulation of the central nervous system that can get fatigue from intense exercise. I think football is a pro-metabolic sport as its mainly ATP based at least when you are used to it and you know when to slow down until you get used to it. To counter lactic acid high dose B1 for some time (100-200mg for 1-2 months) and baking soda before and after training while also following the Peat diet principles with an emphasis on high sugar intake and I think you will be fine. Creatine also helps me a lot with the lactic acid. If you are getting sore go on easier on training for a while. The body also adapts to the lactic acid production. In my opinion training and its adrogen raising capabilites is a very big health booster if done correctly.

OP
R

Roni123@

Its definetely possible to have a high metabolism and train hard at the same time. Although its bad if you start doing it while hypothyroid. I train wrestling profesionally 5 times per week for 2 hours each session, never getting sore and my temps and bpm are nearly always optimal without me feeling stressed. The main problem I think is lactic acid and overstimulation of the central nervous system that can get fatigue from intense exercise. I think football is a pro-metabolic sport as its mainly ATP based at least when you are used to it and you know when to slow down until you get used to it. To counter lactic acid high dose B1 for some time (100-200mg for 1-2 months) and baking soda before and after training while also following the Peat diet principles with an emphasis on high sugar intake and I think you will be fine. Creatine also helps me a lot with the lactic acid. If you are getting sore go on easier on training for a while. The body also adapts to the lactic acid production. In my opinion training and its adrogen raising capabilites is a very big health booster if done correctly.

True, as you get used to it and the pain decreases, does the body adapt by reducing lactic acid? not to mention that less PUFAS is less damage

I'm going to try baking soda, I think the recovery is worth a lot

OccamzRazer

@Roni123

One potential problem with being active on a Peaty, low-PUFA diet, particularly if you are young and/or naturally thin:

Your metabolic rate might get so high that it's hard to stay adequately fueled.

This has happened to me, at least - I have to eat over 5000 calories a day just to maintain my weight.

Not really sure what the solution is...just thought I'd share.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals