Gerson Therapy

jyb

burtlancast said:
Beebop,
In case you try Ray but the therapy doesn't work, remember there's a fallback option in the Gerson therapy.
Just saying.

What convinced you about the Gerson therapy?

When I read Wikipedia, I see it emphasizes juices, avoidance of animal foods and some cleansing protocols. I could see how the avoidance of foods for a limited time may benefit, though it might lack some nutrients or proteins. What's special about it?

burtlancast

jyb said:
burtlancast said:
Beebop,
In case you try Ray but the therapy doesn't work, remember there's a fallback option in the Gerson therapy.
Just saying.

What convinced you about the Gerson therapy?

When I read Wikipedia, I see it emphasizes juices, avoidance of animal foods and some cleansing protocols. I could see how the avoidance of foods for a limited time may benefit, though it might lack some nutrients or proteins. What's special about it?

1.The first thing i would like to say is NEVER, NEVER, EVER trust one syllab you read on wiki when it comes to alternative health.

2. In case i didn't mention it: wikipedia DOES lie continually about alternative health.

3. Gerson proved that if you place the body in optimal conditions of nutrition and detoxification, it has an inner capability to heal itself.
We have the medical as well as the circumstantial evidence to prove it a thousand times. ( there's even a congressional record about it). I'm not aware of any other therapy were such MOUNTAIN of ununpeachable evidence exists.

His approach was empiric; he experimented with foods to see which ones would worsen or improve the disease; it took him years to devise it.

The most extraordinary thing is that Ray Peat and Gerson corrobore each other when it comes to PUFAS.

All his life, Gerson forbid his patients any oil. He wrongly assumed the truthness about the essential fatty acids, but still saw their deleterious effects on his patients, so he cured them all without a single drop of oil.

You will see that now it incorporates flaxseed oil into the therapy, following the findings of Johanna Budwig in the late fifties; that's a grey are i need to investigate in Ray's material, because the addition of flaxseed was beneficial to the patients.

As far as the therapy goes,
- Everything needed to start the therapy is written down; there are no secrets kept
- It cures the body ALL OVER, which means if you have cancer and heart disease, it will cure both at the same time.

It might sound too good to be true, but it sure does cure !

Ask nwo2012, he knows about it personally.

And if anyone is interested, all the docs and books can be found freely on the net.

OP
J

jyb

Thanks. That seems a lot like a RP protocol - so what are the differences between Gerson and RP?

J

j.

jyb said:
Thanks. That seems a lot like a RP protocol - so what are the differences between Gerson and RP?

I think coffee enemas is one.

4peatssake

burtlancast said:
And if anyone is interested, all the docs and books can be found freely on the net.
Can you point to where these docs and books can be easily found?

Also, funny thing. Your avatar caught my attention yesterday and I wondered if it was a picture of Burt Lancaster, given your moniker of burtlancast. ;)

Just now did a quick search on Gerson therapy and see it is a photo of Max Gerson!
Mystery solved. :lol:

OP
J

jyb

Ok, so why do these differences exist and which do you think is more convincing?

burtlancast

The main difference is salt and animal products.
Ray emphasises the importance of thyroid, while Gerson proved the liver is the key organ that protects from degenerative diseases.

Anything that weakens the liver ( toxins, pesticides, heavy metals, preservatives,...) will eventually lower your resistance to disease.

Gerson was extremely attentive at earth's health : he used to say " the earth is our secondary metabolism"

Charlotte Gerson, his daughter, has continued to treat people, but didn't really have the "bottle" to follow with the inner progesses of science, like Ray has. She buys the cholesterol propaganda saddly.

But who cares if you cure people still, even if you can't really explain it ?

burtlancast

jyb said:
Ok, so why do these differences exist and which do you think is more convincing?

There's a saying: "You don't argue with results"

Anyone can have any theory he likes, it's the results that count.

I have seen the results of the Gerson therapy, it's scientific explanations, it's circumstantial track record, and it's rock solid. And it's a thousand times better than what modern medecine offers.

But it's not 100% warranty either.

The main thing is always to assess the integrity of the person proposing the alternative therapy.

I believe both Gerson and Ray are 100% honnest and legit.

So, i will investigate Ray, see what results he can show me, and try to find a common ground.

burtlancast

4peatssake said:
Can you point to where these docs and books can be easily found?

Here are three documentaries to watch in order:

The Gerson miracle
[media][/media]

Dying to have known
[media][/media]

The beautiful truth
[media][/media]

You have most of Max Gerson's book free online, but i don't want to cause trouble to the forum by giving the links.

Idem for a four tapes workshop on doing the Gerson therapy at home.

Gerson.org is offering the integrality of their monthly newsletter on CD for sale. It contains hundreds of testimonials on people cured of a variety of disease ( and i do mean CURED) ;)

And that includes diabetes, Hashimoto and other auto-immune diseases. :shock:

Jenn

The diet can be beneficial short term, but it does not allow for enough protein long term. Eliminating foods you are not digesting is very good. You need to be able to recover the ability to digest protein.

burtlancast

Jenn said:
The diet can be beneficial short term, but it does not allow for enough protein long term. Eliminating foods you are not digesting is very good. You need to be able to recover the ability to digest protein.

This is not a "diet" in the term you would follow it indefinitely, like the Peat diet.

You follow it for about 18 months ( cancer) or less ( other diseases).

Once you have been cured, you do a modified diet were you are allowed just about everything ( with limitation on "dead" foods ie preserved, canned, frozen, sulfured, etc... and alcohol, salt, ) for half the time.

Daimyo

Apparently Max Gerson's daughter has modify his approach bit, to make it more "hippy" friendly. Max Gerson recommended to drink 8 glasses of juice a day. 2 of them included "calves liver" juice.

burtlancast

I'm posting this 9 min cured patients testimonials because it has an interesting bit about "authoritarian doctors"

Wagner83

What have been your findings in comparing Ray and Gerson's work? Has Ray brought improvement to your life? This cures a lot of condition but what about things like low-energy, irritability, lack of curiosity and drive?
So, i will investigate Ray, see what results he can show me, and try to find a common ground.

burtlancast

The fat problem has haunted both Gerson and Ray, and i tend to follow Ray's advice in getting butter, (ice) cream and coconut oil, contrary to what Charlotte said. The Budwig mix is out, and i can't say i miss it.

Ray's useful to avoid falling for marketing gimmicks ( resvcratrol, ...) and vegetal fats hidden in foods and so called saturated fats in meats.

Idem for the salt intake, which i now ingest without believing it's poison, lol.
But contrary to what Ray said about carrots juice, i prepare some everyday if i can, and feel like a million bucks after it.

And i don't touch cows milk, but only drink goat milk.
There's no question Ray's decades ahead of Gerson, but he speaks in riddles which often don't translate into clear protocols, and refuses to touch hot health topics in a direct manner (fear of legal retaliation, which i don't blame him).

Be wise as serpents.

Wagner83

The fat problem has haunted both Gerson and Ray, and i tend to follow Ray's advice in getting butter, (ice) cream and coconut oil, contrary to what Charlotte said. The Budwig mix is out, and i can't say i miss it.

Ray's useful to avoid falling for marketing gimmicks ( resvcratrol, ...) and vegetal fats hidden in foods and so called saturated fats in meats.

Idem for the salt intake, which i now ingest without believing it's poison, lol.
But contrary to what Ray said about carrots juice, i prepare some everyday if i can, and feel like a million bucks after it.

And i don't touch cows milk, but only drink goat milk.
There's no question Ray's decades ahead of Gerson, but he speaks in riddles which often don't translate into clear protocols, and refuses to touch hot health topics in a direct manner (fear of legal retaliation, which i don't blame him).
Thanks. What are supposed and noticed benefits of the raw carrot juice? Did you try to remove the goat milk to see what it affected you?
Be wise as serpents.
You'll rot in hell.

burtlancast

If you prepare the carrot juice in 2 steps, as Gerson people do, you avoid the raw fibre and don't need to digest it.

The juice is rich in minerals (magnesium, copper, iodine), in Vit C, Vit K and carotene which converts into Vit A and into abscisic acid, all of them anti-cancer.

You can feed babies just with carott juice.

Don't be wise; be a fool.

B

Braveheart

If you prepare the carrot juice in 2 steps, as Gerson people do, you avoid the raw fibre and don't need to digest it.

The juice is rich in minerals (magnesium, copper, iodine), in Vit C, Vit K and carotene which converts into Vit A and into abscisic acid, all of them anti-cancer.

You can feed babies just with carott juice.

Don't be wise; be a fool.
The very first thing I did when I was diagnosed w leukemia...I drowned myself in carrot juice...before I knew anything of Peat or Artemisinin....I was familiar w Gerson, after long ago reading an article on him in Play Boy of all places.

Wagner83

The very first thing I did when I was diagnosed w leukemia...I drowned myself in carrot juice...before I knew anything of Peat or Artemisinin....I was familiar w Gerson, after long ago reading an article on him in Play Boy of all places.
I know someone who suffers from leukemia (and chemotherapy), did you manage to cure yourself? How?