Gerson Therapy

burtlancast

I believe Ray did mention something useful about carrot juice, in that carotene competes with thyroid for transport in the blood, and that taken in too high amounts it can have counter productive effects.

I myself have experienced this once when i decided to drink 1 liter straight, and felt bad for about one hour.

But besides Gerson, others doctors have praised carrot juice for cancer; Hans Nieper wrote carrot juice was one of the most useful anti-cancer substance he encountered in his 40 year practice.

And Virginia Livingston advised to add a little powdered liver in the juice in order to better catalyse the conversion of carotene into abscisic acid (for people with a compromised liver).

There's some recent dramatic research concerning the conversion of plant-based B-carotene into Vit A (anti-cancer): gene mutations carried by up to 55% of the population can affect this conversion, transport and then breakdown of the formed Vitamin.
This might explain the difference is responses of people on the Gerson therapy, or to carrot juice in cancer sufferers.

People with variations in the BCMO1 gene may require more vitamin A, particularly in the form of retinol found in foods from animal sources. BCMO1 is the gene that encodes for an enzyme that converts plant-based carotenes (vitamin A precursors) to retinol that can be used by our cells. People that carry the T allele at rs12934922 and the T allele at rs7501331 have a BCMO1 enzyme that is about 60% less active than those who carry A and C alleles at these same positions. Individuals with the reduced convertor genotypes have elevated levels of carotenes and may be at risk for active vitamin A deficiency. Therefore, it is important for people that carry low-converting alleles to consume more animal-sourced vitamin A to prevent vitamin A deficiency.
How do genes influence how much vitamin A I need?

Two common single nucleotide polymorphisms in the gene encoding beta-carotene 15,15'-monoxygenase alter beta-carotene metabolism in female volunteers. - PubMed - NCBI

Vitamin A was used extensively by Harold Manner in his laetrile metabolic therapy. In order to administer very high doses and avoid hepatic toxicity, he was micelizing it, which avoided hepatic first-pass and instead used the intestinal lymphatic system to distribute it to the general circulation; by the time it reached the liver, it's concentrations had been greatly lowered from tissue utilisation.

Attachments

• 1988 An interview with Dr Manner.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
B

Braveheart

I know someone who suffers from leukemia (and chemotherapy), did you manage to cure yourself? How?
Just came across your question in reviewing this thread...yes, I cured my leukemia with Artemisin

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals