Gerolsteiner now $2.69 at Whole Foods. WTF. Up from $2 in the last 8 months.

tastyfood

Getting additional minerals and carbonation from water will keep costing you more and more if the trend continues.

I used to get a bottle of Gerolsteiner carbonated mineral water for $2 at Whole Foods in the US. A bit cheaper at Trader Joe's.

A while ago it went up to about $2.20. Now it's $2.69! WTF.

Getting your minerals from food is costly to the wallet...

Last edited:

mm33

Forum Supporter
Getting your some additional minerals and carbonation from water will keep costing you more and more if the trend continues.

I used to get a bottle of Gerolsteiner carbonated mineral water for $2 at Whole Foods in the US. A bit cheaper at Trader Joe's.

My local health food store went to sane price over 60 cents more in last six months. I but by the case so get 10% off. Of course it seems most things have gone up 20-30%. Good ole bear shelves Biden lol

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Good daily dose of microplastics too

Just based on that one study though? Are there any other widely accepted pieces of research that demonstrate this is true for Gerolsteiner, especially the one in glass?

Jennifer

Gerolsteiner is up to $2.99 at the Whole Foods where I live. It's a lot cheaper at Trader Joe's so I buy it there. I water my plants with it.

JamesGatz

Recently I've seen all bottles of coke where I live go from $1.50 to $2 .50 - at this rate, I just know I'm going to be dirt poor in about 2 years but It's all the more motivation for me to clock out of society and become self-sustainable. In the future I imagine they will leverage the food supply to remind their slaves who's boss -

mrchibbs

Getting additional minerals and carbonation from water will keep costing you more and more if the trend continues.

I used to be able to get Gerolsteiner for less than $1 in 2020. Pretty wild.

noodlecat

dude gerolsteiner ranked as one of the highest plastic contaminated water available. something in their bottling process taints it. i used to drink it all the time but what is the point? do you know they remove the salts and carbonation and put it back in again to maintain a consistent product? maybe get a water filter and some epsom salt and a carbonation machine if you want mineral water.

noodlecat

My local health food store went to sane price over 60 cents more in last six months. I but by the case so get 10% off. Of course it seems most things have gone up 20-30%. Good ole bear shelves Biden lol
it is bare, not bear. a bear is an animal.or to endure something as a verb but
i doubt you mean this

noodlecat

Gerolsteiner is up to $2.99 at the Whole Foods where I live. It's a lot cheaper at Trader Joe's so I buy it there. I water my plants with it.
have you considered a pitcher filter and a bag of epsom salt and calcium carbonate? you are using water shipped from germany to water your plants

noodlecat

Do you have a link to the response? I'd be curious to see it.
it was just some corporate mumbojumbo “gerolsteiner is committed to providing the highest quality” iirc. nothing really about addressing it . it is somewhere out there if you search for it, i don’t have it bookmarked.

im not a fan of how they remove then re-add the salts and co2 (probably where the plastic contamination happens). water has more properties than just the salt and co2 content. i think water directly from the spring is probably more “alive”.

if you need a reccomendation for filter, the zero water pitcher puts out pure water close to R/O. it reads like 0-1ppm on a tds meter and from my research doesn’t leach anything into the water in normal use. that with a carbonation setup and some baking soda, calcium carbonate, magnesium sulfate should create good water. maybe a tiny drop of lithium.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

it was just some corporate mumbojumbo “gerolsteiner is committed to providing the highest quality” iirc. nothing really about addressing it . it is somewhere out there if you search for it, i don’t have it bookmarked.

im not a fan of how they remove then re-add the salts and co2 (probably where the plastic contamination happens). water has more properties than just the salt and co2 content. i think water directly from the spring is probably more “alive”.

if you need a reccomendation for filter, the zero water pitcher puts out pure water close to R/O. it reads like 0-1ppm on a tds meter and from my research doesn’t leach anything into the water in normal use. that with a carbonation setup and some baking soda, calcium carbonate, magnesium sulfate should create good water. maybe a tiny drop of lithium.

Interesting. Thank you. I never drank huge amounts of Gerolsteiner because it's hella expensive, although at one point I was really committed to drink a bottle a day to up my magnesium.

The Zerowater brand sounds convenient. I've owned fancy water filtration setups in the past, but I move a lot and it's always a pain. The last one I had was from this company, which from my interactions with the guy that runs it, can be trusted.

Calcium and magnesium I prefer to get from food to minimize the number of supps I get on a daily basis.

Thanks again. Very insightful comment.

mm33

Forum Supporter
it is bare, not bear. a bear is an animal.or to endure something as a verb but
i doubt you mean this
Thanks lol I’d like to blame it on auto check but ….
Does the zero water filter out flouride? Georgi mentioned Gerolsteiner quite some time ago and it seems to have good reviews

noodlecat

Interesting. Thank you. I never drank huge amounts of Gerolsteiner because it's hella expensive, although at one point I was really committed to drink a bottle a day to up my magnesium.

The Zerowater brand sounds convenient. I've owned fancy water filtration setups in the past, but I move a lot and it's always a pain. The last one I had was from this company, which from my interactions with the guy that runs it, can be trusted.

Calcium and magnesium I prefer to get from food to minimize the number of supps I get on a daily basis.

Thanks again. Very insightful comment.
i am shilling for them but it is just a good product. the research i did showed that it is the best option and i think it puts out similar water to a full scale r/o system, somehow. it works good if your ppm tap water is reasonably low. if your municipial water somehow has really high dissolved solids it will be too expensive because the filters will get used up fast. our tap water here is only 15-30ppm iirc but it feels like it it worth filtering to get chlorine out and whatever else it may pickup in the pipes on the way here.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

i am shilling for them but it is just a good product. the research i did showed that it is the best option and i think it puts out similar water to a full scale r/o system, somehow. it works good if your ppm tap water is reasonably low. if your municipial water somehow has really high dissolved solids it will be too expensive because the filters will get used up fast. our tap water here is only 15-30ppm iirc but it feels like it it worth filtering to get chlorine out and whatever else it may pickup in the pipes on the way here.

PPM of what, chlorine, fluoride? The water where I live comes from the Hetch Hetchy Reservoir.

PhilParma

money-printer-go-brr-jerome-powell.gif