Georgi On Prenatal And Neonatal Development

DButter

Hey everyone,

I had a lot of fun doing this podcast with Georgi and listening to him talk about considerations of a developing organism. I also enjoyed hearing him dive deeply into his background; and hearing what he had for breakfast (to start the show)!

If you listen, let me know what you think!

Cheers,

David

TripleOG

This roundup will come in handy. Thanks.

Never thought I'd ever hear Georgi make a Chris Rock reference lol.

inurendotoxin

This was a great topic to get Georgi on.

He's on a roll. Modern medicine can't hide!

OP
DButter

DButter

This was a great topic to get Georgi on.

He's on a roll. Modern medicine can't hide!

Yes I think so too!

Let me know if you think of any relevant development considerations or questions for future conversations with him...

Nokoni

If you listen, let me know what you think!
I thought it was very good. Georgi, of course, is the best. Not only does he seem to know pretty much everything, but he somehow manages to keep it all readily available for instant recall. So Georgi was his usual amazing self.

And I also liked the topical approach you used – Georgi on prenatal and neonatal development. It gave the discussion good focus, and you held it there well. Maybe for the future, Georgi on men's health, on women's health, on elder's health, etc., if any of that would make sense.

And overall, you asked your questions then stepped aside and let him answer (following up when helpful), you were well prepared, and you've got a pleasing manner about yourself. More please :):

OP
DButter

DButter

I thought it was very good. Georgi, of course, is the best. Not only does he seem to know pretty much everything, but he somehow manages to keep it all readily available for instant recall. So Georgi was his usual amazing self.

And I also liked the topical approach you used – Georgi on prenatal and neonatal development. It gave the discussion good focus, and you held it there well. Maybe for the future, Georgi on men's health, on women's health, on elder's health, etc., if any of that would make sense.

And overall, you asked your questions then stepped aside and let him answer (following up when helpful), you were well prepared, and you've got a pleasing manner about yourself. More please :):

Nokoni,

I appreciate your thoughtful response and time in leaving feedback!

Totally agree re: Georgi. He's just so captivating, I think.

Speaking of which, we are scheduled to do another one tomorrow, with the following three topics (of course we'll see how it unfolds):

1. "What really constitutes an ideal environment for a young organism to grow and thrive?"
2. "All things progesterone and how might progesterone impact intelligence?"
3. "Vaccinations"

The developmental theme of these shows, right now, makes sense to me because we were all once young or currently have young of our own; or... some of us may at some point have [more?] babies or children around us. And as development of an organism goes, so too it seems goes the direction and flavor of human evolution and future effect(s) on our planet / living.

Furthermore, my wife (a birth doula and birth / lactation "educator") and I both feel that many families - and young organisms - could perhaps benefit from being included in a wider-lensed view of biology. In other words, it's great that we're learning about how to turn food and other environmental factors into increased energy and adaptableness!, but: what about my two and a half year old and all the people he might be sharing the world with in eighty years??

Nokoni, thanks also for your ideas, regarding subsequent conversations with Georgi! I'm logging them (and others I've received). All of the above topics (for tomorrow's show) have been requested by others, as well.

Nokoni

Wow. Between you, your wife (and her great training), and Georgi, your kids are in awesome hands :) Anyhow, you're very welcome, and I certainly look forward to tomorrow's show, and more great shows to come.

TripleOG

Speaking of which, we are scheduled to do another one tomorrow, with the following three topics (of course we'll see how it unfolds):

1. "What really constitutes an ideal environment for a young organism to grow and thrive?"
2. "All things progesterone and how might progesterone impact intelligence?"
3. "Vaccinations"

Great topics.

Will you guys be touching on altitude's (or more generally, CO2's) effect on fetal development? Few weeks ago I read a paper on the effects of high altitude on the topic. One of the conclusions were children at high altitude tend to be born lighter than lower altitude, but metabolic health and development markers remained identical or better. Got me wondering if "heavy babies" weren't actually something to hope for and may be indicative of suboptimal environment during development (whether it be low CO2 from low altitude or poor metabolism). Maybe another reason for increasing amounts of C-sections compared to previous generations?

Paper: Pregnancy at high altitude

CONCLUSION

The hypobaric hypoxia of pregnancy at high altitude is a complex situation, which makes it obvious that mother and fetus interact on many levels. Maternal adaptation includes changes in ventilation, oxygen transport capacity and cardio-vascular function. The placental function is optimized, with improved trophoblast invasion and reduced oxygen diffusion distances. This still results in reduced oxygen delivery to the fetus, but the fetus does not show signs of severe hypoxia or acidemia. Maternal metabolism appears to ‘instruct’ the fetus to constrain its growth in order to cope with the limited oxygen availability.

Would like to hear thoughts from those more versed in the matter. May have to dust off my dry CO2 bath setup if I'm correctly interpreting this as a positive. :):

OP
DButter

DButter

Great topics.

Will you guys be touching on altitude's (or more generally, CO2's) effect on fetal development? Few weeks ago I read a paper on the effects of high altitude on the topic. One of the conclusions were children at high altitude tend to be born lighter than lower altitude, but metabolic health and development markers remained identical or better. Got me wondering if "heavy babies" weren't actually something to hope for and may be indicative of suboptimal environment during development (whether it be low CO2 from low altitude or poor metabolism). Maybe another reason for increasing amounts of C-sections compared to previous generations?

Paper: Pregnancy at high altitude

Would like to hear thoughts from those more versed in the matter. May have to dust off my dry CO2 bath setup if I'm correctly interpreting this as a positive. :):

TripleOG, I think that's interesting. I'll put it on a list of possible questions for a subsequent show with Georgi.

Interesting I think [coincidence?] too, that this morning my wife and boy and I broke open our brand new CO2 Bubbly Water machine and drank some CO2-infused H2O (we were pretty excited)!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals