Genetic Predictions - Height Edition

Herbie

The gene thing in the media to me is to destruct people away from the toxic environment that is forced upon us.

When someone gets cancer, “my genes did it to me” blaim the ancestors and not ever think of the current environment.

Ella

Forum Supporter
You can have adequate nutrition across multiple generations, and still have siblings that are more than 6" apart in height despite similar upbringings and diets.

Birth order and intrauterine environment will be different for each sibling. These two variables are not reproducible for each child. Health, nutritional, pharmaceutical, environmental and socio-economical factors will be different for each sibling. First child will always be healthier than the last child, unless employing interventional strategies for optimal conception and gestation. How often does this happen? More so these days perhaps, but not likely in the past unless you were exceptionally progressive.

When engineering fetal heart valves, the intrauterine environment has to be replicated to the nth degree. For example, omitting the heart beat of the mother or the swooshing sound of mother's circulating blood, will result in a deranged scaffold of cells.
If anyone still thinks it's all about the genes you need to look at Bruce Lipton's work which explains it beautifully. Why have many who dedicated their careers to looking at genes to cure disease turned their backs on the genecentric dogma?

Bruce Ames has done some good work in this area. I don't think Peat is a fan of Bruce but his nutritional studies showed that sluggish enzyme's binding affinity for its co-enzyme could increase the reaction rate by increasing the vitamin substrate for the coenzyme.

High doses of vitamins were used to treat many inheritable human diseases. His team looked at approx. 50 human genetic diseases involving defective enzymes which could be remedied by high concentrations of the vitamin component of the coenzyme. Ames 'research + agouty studies and then finally Peat caused me to turn my back on looking for genes. I felt vindicated in my fight that a whole lot of what we were being taught as molecular biologists just did not make sense. It is all about the cells and not its genes. There has been much distraction and leading scientists down rabbit holes. Don't get sucked into the quagmire of never finding solutions.

High-dose vitamin therapy stimulates variant enzymes with decreased coenzyme binding affinity (increased K m ): relevance to genetic disease and polymorphisms | The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic

ShotTrue

There is definitely a genetic component, like the tallest basketballer player in the US (in highschool right now I believe)
However amino acids such as l arginine or l lysine increase height, they specifically cause the pituitary to output GH

ShotTrue

Also in terms of birth order I have friends who are brothers.
#1 is 6’1
#2 is 5’11
#3 is 5’7

pepsi

I have 2 older sisters. The eldest is 5'3, the middle is 5'5, and the youngest, myself is 5'10. Our mother had us one right after the other, so we're very close in age, we did most things together growing up, ate the same, shared clothes/bedroom, same activities/school. I'm also taller than both my parents, so I dont really know what happened to me.

ShotTrue

I have 2 older sisters. The eldest is 5'3, the middle is 5'5, and the youngest, myself is 5'10. Our mother had us one right after the other, so we're very close in age, we did most things together growing up, ate the same, shared clothes/bedroom, same activities/school. I'm also taller than both my parents, so I dont really know what happened to me.
Nice. It seems almost random then how height plays out biologically.

Dr. B

I think this needs to be put into better perspective. I for one don't see this as a vindication of "genetics rules all." It all depends on how far your sight goes, so to speak.
When you look at geneticism through a narrow window, you see genes as a cause. When you consider the generational spread, you see genes as a layout of inheritance; as "effects."
Haidut's studies demonstrate that idea: seeing past the sliver of gene theory and understanding that they actually illustrate great changes from without, including diet and environment.
i think Peat or haidut or both talked about genetics being an excuse to sell yo something. when diseases, height, or any other issue or factor is blamed on genetics, it is effectively considered outside of your control and something people can sell you a product for. your genetics can change just from what you eat or breathe everyday. i think mainstream medicine doesnt even admit pufa has health risks, nor vaccines, nor x rays, poor protein foods etc but will happily blame genetics on any issue. plus genetics makes people in some ways feel better or less responsible for their health. the only thing maybe relevant genetics wise is how healthy your mother was while being pregnant with you and what you were fed in the womb and while growing up. otherwise, what you eat, your vaccines, radiation exposure, xray exposure, etc will have a much bigger impact on you than genetics.

RealNeat

Blaming genes will build a prison for people and make "predestination" a physical authoritian reality, even though it will be born of make believe. Be careful what theories you give weight to, in this day and age the beasts are already big enough, and giving them more food could make them even more dangerous.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals