Generative Energy # 7: Polyunsaturated Fats In The Real Organism (with Haidut)

haidut

Forum Supporter
New Generative Energy Podcast With Haidut

kaybb said:
post 102508 "Truth be told...." I am so grateful for your help, knowledge, and willingness to share that I cried at the beginning of your podcast! Yup, this old grandma has hope and some big health improvements. A big thank you !!

Thanks Kay!

Last edited by a moderator:

haidut

Forum Supporter

lexis said:
post 102515
Kaspar_Hauser said:
post 102500 mes from whatever is available in the National Geographic cafeteria, which is right next to where I work. It is an organic cafeteria, so they have decent cooked food every day. I eat meat, shellfish and some salad. My fat comes mostly from milk chocolate and the beef fat the cafeteria uses f
haidut said:
post 102412
Amazoniac said:
post 102405 That was excellent, haidut. Thank you! Hope that there are more invitations on the way..
Now it got me curious about your diet, have you posted somewhere in here?

My diet these days is pretty simple. I consume almost no starch and most of my carbs come from sugar-sweetened Pepsi. I prefer Coke with sugar but it's hard to find in DC, so Pepsi does it for now.
My protein comes from whatever is available in the National Geographic cafeteria, which is right next to where I work. It is an organic cafeteria, so they have decent cooked food every day. I eat meat, shellfish and some salad. My fat comes mostly from milk chocolate and the beef fat the cafeteria uses for cooking. If I am on the go, I use cheese sticks. I previously mentioned Sargento's low fat cheese but I get whatever cheese sticks are available in the grocery store. I try to get organic, but the regular cheese also sits well with me (so far).
Supplement-wise, I use caffeine, niacinamide, aspirin, biotin, P5P, and riboflavin. On a daily basis I probably only use the caffeine, niacinamide and P5P.

Pepsi has no citric acid?

The regular, HFCS sweetened, Pepsi products all have citric acid. The one I drink (sugar sweetened) does not have citric acid. It was removed just in this version of Pepsi. It is also known as Pepsi Throwback. Check the Wikipedia page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throwback_(drink)
"...Carbonated Water, Sugar, Caramel Color, Phosphoric Acid, Caffeine, Natural Flavor."

So, no, no citric acid. Otherwise I would not drink it:):

Makrosky

Same feelings here haidut: Thank you very much for all your ""work"" !!! And for sharing it with us. :hattip

haidut

Forum Supporter

SQu said:
post 102530 Thanks haidut that was really great! Nice to get that much info that fast! I have two questions - at about 34:30 while talking about linoleic acid you mentioned how many grams/oz a high fat diet was and that was "about what most people get" you said. How much was that? I couldn't quite catch what you said.

Secondly in these comments you mentioned the 2 week, 6g aspirin per day insulin resistance restoring dose. Aspirin has been great for me and I take it daily but taking that much started to feel bad. perhaps it was the acidity in the stomach, and you mentioned bicarb - maybe a way to mitigate that problem and keep going for the full 2 weeks?

The rodent studies with high fat diets typically use a diet that has 35% of calories as fat. About 80% of it is PUFA and it mirrors the fatty acid profile of the SAD in order to better mirror human diet. On a 2,500 calorie daily diet, 35% fat means about 97 grams of fat per day. The average fat intake in the USA is about the same and the fatty acid profile is 30% saturated fat and 70% unsaturated fat. So, Americans eat on a daily basis a diet that is defined as "high-fat" and disease-inducing for rodents, and 70% - 80% of it is PUFA.
http://livehealthy.chron.com/average-am ... -2960.html
"...The average American man takes in 93 grams of fat per day and the average woman takes in 66 grams of fat a day. With each gram of fat having 9 calories, this equates to 837 calories from fat for men and 594 calories from fat for women, potentially exceeding the recommended amount. Saturated fat represents one-third of American adults' fat intake, but the IOM warns Americans to eat saturated fat sparingly, as it can increase your risk of heart disease."

haidut

Forum Supporter

Makrosky said:
post 102549 Same feelings here haidut: Thank you very much for all your ""work"" !!! And for sharing it with us. :hattip

Thanks! I intend to keep learning and sharing.

SQu

"the trend is not good."
I know a 15 year old with pcos, an infertile 29 year old with pcos, an 18 year old veteran of endometriosis surgery. I've told my kids to expect to see health troubles that used to happen to people in their 40s and 50s, in their 20s. At least the 15 year old's doctor has recommended caffeine to her - on the other hand, no mention of estrogen. Or hypothyroidism.

Thanks for the eye opening stats on fat consumption.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

That was absolutely fantastic. Thanks haidut and danny.

lexis

haidut said:
post 102548
lexis said:
post 102515
Kaspar_Hauser said:
post 102500 mes from whatever is available in the National Geographic cafeteria, which is right next to where I work. It is an organic cafeteria, so they have decent cooked food every day. I eat meat, shellfish and some salad. My fat comes mostly from milk chocolate and the beef fat the cafeteria uses f
haidut said:
post 102412
Amazoniac said:
post 102405 That was excellent, haidut. Thank you! Hope that there are more invitations on the way..

My diet these days is pretty simple. I consume almost no starch and most of my carbs come from sugar-sweetened Pepsi. I prefer Coke with sugar but it's hard to find in DC, so Pepsi does it for now.
My protein comes from whatever is available in the National Geographic cafeteria, which is right next to where I work. It is an organic cafeteria, so they have decent cooked food every day. I eat meat, shellfish and some salad. My fat comes mostly from milk chocolate and the beef fat the cafeteria uses for cooking. If I am on the go, I use cheese sticks. I previously mentioned Sargento's low fat cheese but I get whatever cheese sticks are available in the grocery store. I try to get organic, but the regular cheese also sits well with me (so far).
Supplement-wise, I use caffeine, niacinamide, aspirin, biotin, P5P, and riboflavin. On a daily basis I probably only use the caffeine, niacinamide and P5P.

The regular, HFCS sweetened, Pepsi products all have citric acid. The one I drink (sugar sweetened) does not have citric acid. It was removed just in this version of Pepsi. It is also known as Pepsi Throwback. Check the Wikipedia page:
"...Carbonated Water, Sugar, Caramel Color, Phosphoric Acid, Caffeine, Natural Flavor."

Ok thanks :)

Is low 5HIAA turnover rate a good thing?

Fletcher

I agree with the previous comments, well done Haidut and Danny for a very interesting podcast.

@ Haidut - can you tell us more about the inflammatory markers you mentioned when monitoring your own health, and how we can check our own? Would it be something as simple as a blood test?

Also, what are the regular tests you do to check your health?

Dan W

Fletcher said:
post 102638 @ Haidut - can you tell us more about the inflammatory markers you mentioned when monitoring your own health, and how we can check our own? Would it be something as simple as a blood test?

This might be out of date, but here's some tests Haidut mentioned a while back. And yes, they're all blood tests, although it would be expensive to do all those tests without insurance/doctor-requests.

Just an anecdote, when I first started Peating, I did before-and-after bloodwork after a 10 week trial. My C-reactive protein (high-sensitivity) dropped from 7.00 to 0.97 mg/L, and my prolactin dropped from 13.5 to 7.7 ng/mL.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Fletcher said:
post 102638 I agree with the previous comments, well done Haidut and Danny for a very interesting podcast.

@ Haidut - can you tell us more about the inflammatory markers you mentioned when monitoring your own health, and how we can check our own? Would it be something as simple as a blood test?

When I was monitoring them actively, I was doing tests for ESR, CRP, TNF-alpha, NF-kB and sometimes LDH. I also measured some prostaglandins but they were not very consistent.
For estrogen I use prolactin, estrone, and estrone sulfate. This also tells me where serotonin and histamine are. Instead of CO2 I do blood lactate test. There are other tests that I may do, depending on the context. If it is the annual checkup I try to get all of them done since the insurance will cover them. Testing consistently for all of these is not feasible for insurance reasons, unless something is out of whack.

haidut

Forum Supporter

SQu said:
post 102530 Thanks haidut that was really great! Nice to get that much info that fast! I have two questions - at about 34:30 while talking about linoleic acid you mentioned how many grams/oz a high fat diet was and that was "about what most people get" you said. How much was that? I couldn't quite catch what you said.

Secondly in these comments you mentioned the 2 week, 6g aspirin per day insulin resistance restoring dose. Aspirin has been great for me and I take it daily but taking that much started to feel bad. perhaps it was the acidity in the stomach, and you mentioned bicarb - maybe a way to mitigate that problem and keep going for the full 2 weeks?

I used AlkaSeltzer for my 2 week aspirin experiment. There is a high-dose version generic brand (CVS/RiteAid/Safeway) that has 500mg aspirin per tablet and two tablets per pack. So, I was taking 6 packs per day for 2 weeks. A box has 24 - 30 packs, and is about $4. So, you can look at it as reversing insulin sensitivity for about $15. The nightmare of every pharma sales rep :D

haidut

Forum Supporter

SQu said:
post 102558 "the trend is not good."
I know a 15 year old with pcos, an infertile 29 year old with pcos, an 18 year old veteran of endometriosis surgery. I've told my kids to expect to see health troubles that used to happen to people in their 40s and 50s, in their 20s. At least the 15 year old's doctor has recommended caffeine to her - on the other hand, no mention of estrogen. Or hypothyroidism.

Thanks for the eye opening stats on fat consumption.

All of my friends who are in their 30s have had some kind of surgical procedure. Aside from the argument of whether it was needed or not, none of the 80+ year old people I know have had any surgery or chronic drug intake. Some people will say "yeah, these old people did not have access to surgery and drugs". Yeah, and they seem to be doing just fine. The people I know who got the surgeries all have chronic issues now that need to be managed with drugs and maybe more surgery. In other words, they are all iatrogenically sick. Only one person got the surgery b/c he broke his leg and had no choice (i.e. it was non-elective as the doctors like to call it) and ironically he is the only one who is doing fine.
Anyways, the good news is that people are starting to realize what predicament they are in and are starting to take matters into their own hands.

haidut

Forum Supporter

lexis said:
post 102634
haidut said:
post 102548
lexis said:
post 102515
Kaspar_Hauser said:
haidut said:
post 102412
Amazoniac said:

Ok thanks :)

Is low 5HIAA turnover rate a good thing?

I think it's the 5-HIAA/5-HT ratio that matters more. From what I understand, you want it to be higher since it would suggest proper functioning of MAO enzymes. I don't know what the "normal" ranges for 5-HIAA/5-HT are though.

Dean

haidut said:
post 102858
SQu said:

I used AlkaSeltzer for my 2 week aspirin experiment. There is a high-dose version generic brand (CVS/RiteAid/Safeway) that has 500mg aspirin per tablet and two tablets per pack. So, I was taking 6 packs per day for 2 weeks. A box has 24 - 30 packs, and is about $4. So, you can look at it as reversing insulin sensitivity for about $15. The nightmare of every pharma sales rep :D

So I guess you didn't worry about the excipients in the aspirin? I was thinking for that regimen I'd need the pure, pet aspirin powder. I guess though the huge bottle of generic aspirin I have with only starch as the other ingredient would be ok?

edit: also did you adhere to the 1 mg of k2 per 325 mg aspirin. That adds a bit of expense to the regimen...but still a pharma reps nightmare. I want to try this and hopefully become a plague upon their existences.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Blossom said:
post 102616 That was absolutely fantastic. Thanks haidut and danny.

Thanks Blossom! I'll try to keep up the good work.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Dean said:
post 102868
haidut said:
post 102858
SQu said:

So I guess you didn't worry about the excipients in the aspirin? I was thinking for that regimen I'd need the pure, pet aspirin powder. I guess though the huge bottle of generic aspirin I have with only starch as the other ingredient would be ok?

The only excipients in AlkaSeltzer that I am aware of is citric acid. I am not happy about it, but at the time I needed something that was convenient to use on the go so I used it. When I have time, I make my own version of AlkaSeltzer by dropping some plain aspirin tablets in carbonated water and adding baking soda in a ratio 1:3 for aspirin:bicarbonate.

narouz

Hey guys...
when I download the Generative Energy podcast to my computer,
and then load it onto my little ScanDisk mp3 player,
it shows as "generativeenergy7.mp3.cr"

And it says "File Format Not Supported."
What is that ".cr" at the end there?
Any suggestions?

(I've been able to download and listen to KMUD Herb Doctors shows without problems,
and I don't think they have that .cr thing at the end....)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

narouz, go to the file and right click it, then click on rename, and then take off the:

.cr

:hattip

narouz

Hey that sounds simple enough
even I might pull it off.
Thanks!