Generative Energy # 7: Polyunsaturated Fats In The Real Organism (with Haidut)

haidut

Forum Supporter
New Generative Energy Podcast With Haidut

Such_Saturation said:
post 102382 We have a masterpiece; in fifty minutes there is condensed enough information to save people years of meandering. Your mind is on fire haidut!

Thanks, honored and humbled :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

haidut

Forum Supporter

RPDiciple said:
post 102392 What a great interview haidut, i love your information and your help. Means the world

Thanks, I learn a lot from you guys too.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Dan Wich said:
post 102404 Thanks for doing this, Haidut. I learned a lot, and it was cool to hear your "origin story" that resembled my own.

haidut said:
post 102372 Hopefully, there will be more to come
I'd love that, it's nice to have some of your knowledge in a form I can listen to while doing other things, rather than being glued to a computer. Although I agree with Danny and the YouTube captions, you're such an olympic poster here on repeat forum:

haidut-europe-olympic-poster.jpg

Lol, "olympic poster" eh? I like that, I'll tell people I am olympian without medals.
Thanks Danny, and thanks for putting together this great site with supplements. I refer a lot of people to it.
I just hope that the FDA does not shut us down or something. With Danny's show getting increasingly popular, there is bound to be some "interest" form the Feds eventually.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Amazoniac said:
post 102405 That was excellent, haidut. Thank you! Hope that there are more invitations on the way..
Now it got me curious about your diet, have you posted somewhere in here?

My diet these days is pretty simple. I consume almost no starch and most of my carbs come from sugar-sweetened Pepsi. I prefer Coke with sugar but it's hard to find in DC, so Pepsi does it for now.
My protein comes from whatever is available in the National Geographic cafeteria, which is right next to where I work. It is an organic cafeteria, so they have decent cooked food every day. I eat meat, shellfish and some salad. My fat comes mostly from milk chocolate and the beef fat the cafeteria uses for cooking. If I am on the go, I use cheese sticks. I previously mentioned Sargento's low fat cheese but I get whatever cheese sticks are available in the grocery store. I try to get organic, but the regular cheese also sits well with me (so far).
Supplement-wise, I use caffeine, niacinamide, aspirin, biotin, P5P, and riboflavin. On a daily basis I probably only use the caffeine, niacinamide and P5P.

treelady

:thankyou WOW Thank you haidut :thankyoublue

milk_lover

Thank you haidut for the rich information you said in the podcast. You were an ex-paleo same as me :D I was doing pretty fine minus the overweight thing before joining the paleo cult. It messed up my system pretty bad. hopefully with time, we heal ourselves.

haidut

Forum Supporter

RayOfLight said:
post 102418 Albert sent Georgi?

Lol, ironically my first name is pronounced the same way as his last name. They are both the same names really (mine and his). We are both named after St. George, who is probably the most popular saint in Eastern/Central Europe and many first-born children are named after him. I was born in May and May 6 is the official day of St. George in the Eastern Orthodox faith.
But that's where the similarities end:): I am just an amateur with curiosity to learn and the tenacity (I am a Taurus) to experiment.

Dean

haidut said:
post 102412
Amazoniac said:
post 102405 That was excellent, haidut. Thank you! Hope that there are more invitations on the way..

My diet these days is pretty simple. I consume almost no starch and most of my carbs come from sugar-sweetened Pepsi. I prefer Coke with sugar but it's hard to find in DC, so Pepsi does it for now.
My protein comes from whatever is available in the National Geographic cafeteria, which is right next to where I work. It is an organic cafeteria, so they have decent cooked food every day. I eat meat, shellfish and some salad. My fat comes mostly from milk chocolate and the beef fat the cafeteria uses for cooking. If I am on the go, I use cheese sticks. I previously mentioned Sargento's low fat cheese but I get whatever cheese sticks are available in the grocery store. I try to get organic, but the regular cheese also sits well with me (so far).
Supplement-wise, I use caffeine, niacinamide, aspirin, biotin, P5P, and riboflavin. On a daily basis I probably only use the caffeine, niacinamide and P5P.

Wow. You've alluded to this before, but it appears that other than avoiding PUFA and starch, you don't worry about things like amounts of protein per day, ratio of carbs to protein, calcium, mag, potassium intake levels, even ingesting something like vitamin c at all. No milk. No OJ. No coffee. Maybe most of us are making this harder than it ought to be.

CoolTweetPete

Dean said:
post 102439
haidut said:
post 102412
Amazoniac said:

Wow. You've alluded to this before, but it appears that other than avoiding PUFA and starch, you don't worry about things like amounts of protein per day, ratio of carbs to protein, calcium, mag, potassium intake levels, even ingesting something like vitamin c at all. No milk. No OJ. No coffee. Maybe most of us are making this harder than it ought to be.

That is what I gathered from Haidut's post about his diet as well.

Thank you so much for all of your work on this forum, and the interview with Danny, Georgi. :hattip

Stevan Durovic :cool:

haidut

Forum Supporter

Dean said:
post 102439
haidut said:
post 102412
Amazoniac said:

Yeah, I used to obsess over diet so much but it was probably necessary initially until health stabilized. As things improved I noticed that I have to worry less about the details and can just focus on the macros - i.e. low/no PUFA, low/no starch, enough protein for muscle maintenance and sugar for everything else. I can tell pretty easily if I am not eating enough protein. Muscles tone is down and strength is low as well.
But again, depending on health a person may need to be careful about they intake of vitamins and minerals and other supplements. It was for me initially and is less important now.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Such_Saturation said:

Lol, I have no secret ingredient in my formulas.

Dean

haidut said:
post 102447
Dean said:
post 102439
haidut said:
post 102412
Amazoniac said:

Yeah, I used to obsess over diet so much but it was probably necessary initially until health stabilized. As things improved I noticed that I have to worry less about the details and can just focus on the macros - i.e. low/no PUFA, low/no starch, enough protein for muscle maintenance and sugar for everything else. I can tell pretty easily if I am not eating enough protein. Muscles tone is down and strength is low as well.
But again, depending on health a person may need to be careful about they intake of vitamins and minerals and other supplements. It was for me initially and is less important now.

Point taken; but don't you even concern yourself with calcium:phosphorus ratio? I know you eat some cheese sticks and milk chocolate, but your diet seems to mainly consist of meat, pepsi, and milk chocolate. That pretty phosphoric. Looking at some of the pictures of people who had followed an all-meat diet and how phosphorized they looked, led me to believe it wasn't a viable alternative for the long term, despite how well I felt on it. Adding pepsi to that obviously isn't going to change the phosphorus equation; or is it? Would the sugar be protective against that effect? Is just eating some milk chocolate every day enough to prevent that?

RayOfLight

haidut said:
post 102437
RayOfLight said:
post 102418 Albert sent Georgi?

Lol, ironically my first name is pronounced the same way as his last name. They are both the same names really (mine and his). We are both named after St. George, who is probably the most popular saint in Eastern/Central Europe and many first-born children are named after him. I was born in May and May 6 is the official day of St. George in the Eastern Orthodox faith.
But that's where the similarities end:): I am just an amateur with curiosity to learn and the tenacity (I am a Taurus) to experiment.

Very interesting! Your supplements are helping btw, thank you! I'm wanting to dive back into life. All the best to you and all the research you do. Until the next time, we learn again :idea:

haidut

Forum Supporter

Dean said:
post 102451
haidut said:
post 102447
Dean said:
post 102439
haidut said:
post 102412
Amazoniac said:

Point taken; but don't you even concern yourself with calcium:phosphorus ratio? I know you eat some cheese sticks and milk chocolate, but your diet seems to mainly consist of meat, pepsi, and milk chocolate. That pretty phosphoric. Looking at some of the pictures of people who had followed an all-meat diet and how phosphorized they looked, led me to believe it wasn't a viable alternative for the long term, despite how well I felt on it. Adding pepsi to that obviously isn't going to change the phosphorus equation; or is it? Would the sugar be protective against that effect? Is just eating some milk chocolate every day enough to prevent that?

The niacinamide I take daily lowers my phosphate pretty well (confirmed by blood tests) as well as PTH. The cooked food I eat often has decent amount of calcium in it. Green veggies are also good source of calcium. Not sure what to tell you. I do what feel best and shows on the lab tests as well. Even Ray said that his typical diet is not very milk heavy. He eats shellfish and meat pretty often.

Suikerbuik

Such_Saturation said:
post 102382 We have a masterpiece; in fifty minutes there is condensed enough information to save people years of meandering. Your mind is on fire haidut!

:hattip Haidut, a brilliant conversation.

Dean

Don't get me wrong, I'm not chastising you at all. If anything, I wish you'd be more vocal about the non necessity of being anal over micromanaging diet and forcing feeding your way through intolerances, etc. I think the vast majority of people who pass through here fail for largely those reasons. I get your caveat about you being in good health and can get away with an "impure" diet, but if people wash out of Peating because they can't tolerate milk (or enough milk), can't find enough ripe fruit, an oj that agrees with them, etc., wouldn't they be better off taking a stab at meat, pepsi, and chocolate before throwing the baby out with the bathwater? Isn't it possible that finding a way to stick to a no starch/low PUFA diet (even if it was nutrient deficient to some degree) be better than just going back to the SAD?

It's interesting w hat you say about greens and calcium. I thought the oxalates in greens prevented calcium absorption?

haidut

Forum Supporter

Suikerbuik said:
post 102454
Such_Saturation said:

:hattip Haidut, a brilliant conversation.

Thanks, my pleasure.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Dean said:
post 102455 Don't get me wrong, I'm not chastising you at all. If anything, I wish you'd be more vocal about the non necessity of being anal over micromanaging diet and forcing feeding your way through intolerances, etc. I think the vast majority of people who pass through here fail for largely those reasons. I get your caveat about you being in good health and can get away with an "impure" diet, but if people wash out of Peating because they can't tolerate milk (or enough milk), can't find enough ripe fruit, an oj that agrees with them, etc., wouldn't they be better off taking a stab at meat, pepsi, and chocolate before throwing the baby out with the bathwater? Isn't it possible that finding a way to stick to a no starch/low PUFA diet (even if it was nutrient deficient to some degree) be better than just going back to the SAD?

It's interesting w hat you say about greens and calcium. I thought the oxalates in greens prevented calcium absorption?

I think Ray said that he recommends that people eat to keep metabolism high rather than any specific diet. So, if milk does not sit well with you, I'd try meat, shellfish, chocolate, potato soup, etc to find out what gets your temps up. I do consciously avoid PUFA though, so that's still there.
As far as I know calcium in greens is absorbed, Peat even said kale and the green leafs are excellent source of "minerals" and then he specified calcium, magnesium, some trace elements, etc.
I think the milk and OJ recommendation is done as a diet that should be good for most people in the sense that it is easily digestible and a good form of calcium, magnesium sodium and potassium as well as relatively low on phosphorus. Again, even Peat does not stick to the milk diet regularly. He eats what he wants with the constraints of avoiding PUFA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals