Generative Energy # 7: Polyunsaturated Fats In The Real Organism (with Haidut)

NathanK

New Generative Energy Podcast With Haidut

15 minutes in and my mind has already exploded. I'm stoked for when I finally digest it all.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Halfway through, excellent interview so far Danny and haidut!

So much truth, so much awesomeness! :D

lexis

"However, the serotonin study says that similar effects are achievable by ingesting pCPA at a human dose of 13mg/kg and it is likely less risky than completely killing off your microbiota."- Haidut

This is for how many days?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Great interview! Thank you Danny and haidut!

:hattip

Great interview and would like to hear more on other Peat topics like prognenolone, hair loss, testosterone/andropause.

The most revelatory fact was the correct pronunciation of haidut's forum name: I pronounce it as hay-dut, whereas he pronounced it as high-dhute.

ilovewriting

cantstoppeating said:
post 102350 Great interview and would like to hear more on other Peat topics like prognenolone, hair loss, testosterone/andropause.

The most revelatory fact was the correct pronunciation of haidut's forum name: I pronounce it as hay-dut, whereas he pronounced it as high-dhute.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hajduk

Last edited by a moderator:

nice

haidut

Forum Supporter

lexis said:
post 102340 "However, the serotonin study says that similar effects are achievable by ingesting pCPA at a human dose of 13mg/kg and it is likely less risky than completely killing off your microbiota."- Haidut

Serotonin levels begin to fall within the first day of ingesting it, with steady effects achievable by the end of the first week. How long you take it after that first week is up to you and will depend on side effects and/or budget.

lexis

haidut said:
post 102361
lexis said:
post 102340 "However, the serotonin study says that similar effects are achievable by ingesting pCPA at a human dose of 13mg/kg and it is likely less risky than completely killing off your microbiota."- Haidut

Serotonin levels begin to fall within the first day of ingesting it, with steady effects achievable by the end of the first week. How long you take it after that first week is up to you and will depend on side effects and/or budget.

Thanks.You mentioned about TPH enzyme.Is there anyway to lower it?

lexis said:
post 102365
haidut said:
post 102361
lexis said:

Yes:

haidut said:
As many of you know, TPH is the enzyme responsible for synthesizing serotonin from tryptophan. Inhibiting TPH leads to rapid decreases of the levels of serotonin. There is TPH1 (expressed in the brain) and TPH2 (expressed in peripheral tissues). Inhibiting TPH1 has been shown to ameliorate fatigue in humans due to reductions of serotonin levels in the brain. This is the so-called "central hypothesis of fatigue". Both TPH1 and TPH2 are induced/increased by stress, and TPH2 specifically contributes to obesity even though TPH1 is also involved. Thus, lowering the levels of both TPH1 and TPH2 is highly desirable from metabolic point of view.
This study shows that a relative low dose of caffeine inhibits exercise-induced TPH1 increase in the brain by 30% - 40%. This is big enough to explain the anti-fatigue effect of caffeine, especially during exercise (stress). Given that threadmill exercise is simply another form of stress, caffeine seems to be a good supplement to prevent the pro-serotonin effects of stress. This is consistent with the several studies I posted recently showing caffeine to reverse the mental impairment and mood deficits caused by chronic unpredictable stress (learned helplessness). So, the next time someone tells you that stress or serotonin is good for you show them these studies.
Human equivalent dose of caffeine was ~60mg before exercise.
viewtopic.php?f=123&t=7703&p=98097

haidut

Forum Supporter

Thank you everybody! Hopefully, there will be more to come. For those interested in learning where my forum name comes from, take a look at this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hajduk

There are several spelling variations for the name, hence the reason I use "haidut" vs. "hajduk".

haidut

Forum Supporter

cantstoppeating said:
post 102369
lexis said:
post 102365
haidut said:
post 102361
lexis said:

Yes:

haidut said:
As many of you know, TPH is the enzyme responsible for synthesizing serotonin from tryptophan. Inhibiting TPH leads to rapid decreases of the levels of serotonin. There is TPH1 (expressed in the brain) and TPH2 (expressed in peripheral tissues). Inhibiting TPH1 has been shown to ameliorate fatigue in humans due to reductions of serotonin levels in the brain. This is the so-called "central hypothesis of fatigue". Both TPH1 and TPH2 are induced/increased by stress, and TPH2 specifically contributes to obesity even though TPH1 is also involved. Thus, lowering the levels of both TPH1 and TPH2 is highly desirable from metabolic point of view.
This study shows that a relative low dose of caffeine inhibits exercise-induced TPH1 increase in the brain by 30% - 40%. This is big enough to explain the anti-fatigue effect of caffeine, especially during exercise (stress). Given that threadmill exercise is simply another form of stress, caffeine seems to be a good supplement to prevent the pro-serotonin effects of stress. This is consistent with the several studies I posted recently showing caffeine to reverse the mental impairment and mood deficits caused by chronic unpredictable stress (learned helplessness). So, the next time someone tells you that stress or serotonin is good for you show them these studies.
Human equivalent dose of caffeine was ~60mg before exercise.
https://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/view ... 03&p=98097

Taking some BCAA + tyrosine / phenylalanine will also lower brain serotonin even though it does not inhibit TPH. DHEA inhibits TPH, as well as progesterone. I would say the BCAA method is probably preferable long term since it also inhibits the absorption of tryptophan and methionine form meals (if taken with meals) and lower levels of these aminos have been shown to be life extending.

We have a masterpiece; in fifty minutes there is condensed enough information to save people years of meandering. Your mind is on fire haidut!

RPDiciple

What a great interview haidut, i love your information and your help. Means the world

Dan W

Thanks for doing this, Haidut. I learned a lot, and it was cool to hear your "origin story" that resembled my own.

haidut said:
post 102372 Hopefully, there will be more to come
I'd love that, it's nice to have some of your knowledge in a form I can listen to while doing other things, rather than being glued to a computer. Although I agree with Danny and the YouTube captions, you're such an olympic poster here on repeat forum:

haidut-europe-olympic-poster.jpg

ilovewriting

haidut said:
post 102361
lexis said:

Reported side effects of PCPA (in certain subjects) ...headache, irritability, malaise at 2g/day. Lack of REM sleep without the expected REM rebound. REM spikes interfering with waking activity.

https://books.google.com/books?id=uxaVX ... 22&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=uxaVX ... 22&f=false

I infer from experience that serotonin is thoroughly depleted by drinking sufficiently strong coffee throughout the day, along with plenty of Peaty food (i.e., avoid starch/PUFAs/methionine-cysteine-tryptophan).