Generative Energy #31: Safe Supplements With Raymond Peat

Dan W

This one has a really nice vibe to it and should be enjoyable even if you're not some nerd like me who's interested in supplement safety.

YouTube version:

(or watch directly on youtube where the description has clickable links to different topics)

Play the audio from a web page:
#31: Safe Supplements with Raymond Peat

Subscribe in a podcasts app:
Use iTunes: Generative Energy Podcast by Danny Roddy on iTunes
Or enter the feed URL directly into your app: http://www.generativeenergy.com/main?format=RSS

And Danny's linkpile for this episode:

Attachments

• generativeenergy31.mp3
    108.8 MB · Views: 209
Last edited:
OP
Dan W

Dan W

Also, I'm trying to track down the study Ray mentions at 15:26. I keep finding possible candidates and then seeing they're probably not the right one. Here's one candidate I haven't been able to eliminate because I can't find more information on it. I'd be curious if anyone has access to the full-text to see if it's the right one:

Kyle M

Tracking down studies Peat mentions can sometimes be an act of investigatory journalism.

OP
Dan W

Dan W

At this rate I think it's hidden in an ancient tomb, guarded by vengeful spirits. And each spirit demands a $39 full-text fee.

bradley

Thanks Dan but your link to Danny's page is incorrect. It's episode 31 not 33. :rage

At this rate I think it's hidden in an ancient tomb, guarded by vengeful spirits. And each spirit demands a $39 full-text fee.

Better hope it's not the kind of spirit that [ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS]

David PS

Also, I'm trying to track down the study Ray mentions at 15:26. ).
Back in 2001, Ray's personal findings and experiences with C and a tour through the manufacturing process were posted at Yahoo! Groups

It may not have the study your looking for but it may give you some leads.

Tarmander

Pretty good show. Sometimes Danny gives Ray these softballs where he offers the answer to the question within the question. Kind of annoying.

Also I wish Ray had mentioned cyproheptadine.

The replacing eggs with mushrooms was kind of an interesting thought.

OP
Dan W

Dan W

Drareg

Thanks for posting this.
Credit to Danny Roddy for not being rigid in relation to his views on political systems,Peat always offers many different examples to emphasise the potentialities/possibilities of reality.

This quote is a gem ,"Each organism has a filtering system choosing what's good over bad".
How does it know? And with politics in mind this quite has to be relevant to human behaviour.
I'm guessing if the organism has low energy it will absorb more bad.

Anybody using tanning lights for vitamin D and light? Short times for the slight reddening effect Peat mentioned for vitamin D? There are safer lights now.

David PS

Anybody using tanning lights for vitamin D and light?

I use a vitamin D lamp during the winter. Our bodies produce vitamin D3 sulfate in the skin. The D3 supplements that I see being sold do not contain sulphur. When people have their vitamin D levels tested, they do not report how much of the vitamin D is sulphated. If I get my vitamin D the old fashion way (via light), then it is mostly sulphated. The difference between the 2 forms of vitamin D may be meaningless, but I will wait for the research to prove me wrong.

From and old abstract entitled 25‐Hydroxyvitamin D3 3‐sulphate is a major circulating form of vitamin D in man
25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 3 beta-sulphate has been identified in human plasma. The compound was isolated by anion-exchange chromatography and following hydrolysis it was characterized by high-performance liquid chromatography and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. The mean concentration of sulphated 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 in plasma from 60 patients was 16.7 +/- 7.1 ng/ml and the levels often exceeded those of the corresponding free compound. The study also shows that unconjugated 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 is not readily sulphated by man in vivo.

Last edited:

Drareg

I use a vitamin D lamp during the winter. Our bodies produce vitamin D3 sulfate in the skin. The D3 supplements that I see being sold do not contain sulphur. When people have their vitamin D levels tested, they do not report how much of the vitamin D is sulphated. If I get my vitamin D the old fashion way (via light), then it is mostly sulphated. The difference between the 2 forms of vitamin D may be meaningless, but I will wait for the research to prove me wrong.

From and old abstract entitled 25‐Hydroxyvitamin D3 3‐sulphate is a major circulating form of vitamin D in man
25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 3 beta-sulphate has been identified in human plasma. The compound was isolated by anion-exchange chromatography and following hydrolysis it was characterized by high-performance liquid chromatography and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. The mean concentration of sulphated 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 in plasma from 60 patients was 16.7 +/- 7.1 ng/ml and the levels often exceeded those of the corresponding free compound. The study also shows that unconjugated 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 is not readily sulphated by man in vivo.

It seems like a reasonable route,if your skin is quite light you sill only need 10 mins at the right distance,wattage relevant here also,get this wrong and you could do some severe burning also to the eyes.
Surely a few times per week cannot be that bad?
The reptile lamps are an absolute necessity for keeping them as pets,some of those lamps give a tan if I'm not mistaken.
Somebody posted a study on here about Swedish women doing sun beds had less cancer than those who do not,it was just a survey but interesting nonetheless.

not fond of the anticapitalistic rantish type stuff at the beginning. Roddy doesn't sell his stuff much, and Ray doesn't much either, and I think they are unsuccessful financially (maybe they are fine with this) and they seem to be against anyone who profits from marketing information on health (most people feel that way here) or sells pills or supplements.

Big Pharma is part of the government public-private cartel, and is not "capitalism".

I think Ray doesn't understand that capitalism is not really practiced, but instead corporate fascism and banking fraud (reserve banking) creates the problems we have today...anyhoo....

johnwester130

so what b6 does peat recommend ?

and what b2 ?

if he doesn't like supplements ?

what about methylene blue ?

OP
Dan W

Dan W

I've been experimenting with the reptile bulbs for a couple of years. I'm not sure it's risk-free, but I've settled in on a "dose" that maintains my vitamin D levels with minimal tanning/burning. I think many of the bulbs are superior to sunlight spectrum-wise (see my comparison here), especially with the addition of red light alongside them.

so what b6 does peat recommend ?

and what b2 ?

if he doesn't like supplements ?

what about methylene blue ?

I've never heard him specifically recommend a brand on any of those, unfortunately.

johnwester130

I've been experimenting with the reptile bulbs for a couple of years. I'm not sure it's risk-free, but I've settled in on a "dose" that maintains my vitamin D levels with minimal tanning/burning. I think many of the bulbs are superior to sunlight spectrum-wise (see my comparison here), especially with the addition of red light alongside them.

I've never heard him specifically recommend a brand on any of those, unfortunately.

has peat written about methylene blue ? good or bad substance ?

OP
Dan W

Dan W

He's written positively about it, although I think it was in a newsletter, so it might be hard to find.

I think it's briefly come up in some of the audio interviews as well. Always positively, I think.