Generative Energy # 1

cliff

If you haven't seen it yet danny, myself and my brother put together a podcast; bit.ly/13WNRzE . More shows should be coming, probably once or twice a month.

4peatssake

Re: Generative Energy podcast

cliff said:
If you haven't seen it yet danny, myself and my brother put together a podcast; bit.ly/13WNRzE . More shows should be coming, probably once or twice a month.

You guys were great!! Entertaining and informative.

I think answering reader questions is a great way to break down some of the more complicated science and explaining things in more layman terms - especially for newcomers.

I'm still amazed at how many of us did the raw vegan to paleo (and back and forth a few times, for me at least!!)

Loved the Jack Nicholson/Joker opening line. :lol:

Isadora

I liked it a lot, thanks! :) I laughed at Danny Roddy's (friend's) distinction between "truthers" and "marketers" -- very useful, it should be widely adopted...

mmartian

I thought it was a little lackluster, myself. The sound quality was terrible. It just sounded like a bunch of california "dudes" laughing it up and making fun of paleo — and not sounding very intelligent while doing it. I like Danny, though, and hope future episodes are more worthwhile and substantive.

Dan W

Nice job, Cliff and Key (and Danny), I enjoyed this.

mmartian, I think they're intentionally going for a casual conversational style. And I found the last half very substantive, it's just that they were targeting introductory ideas. But I agree that the audio quality was distracting.

OP
cliff

cliff

Sorry about the audio quality I think there was something wrong with danny's headphones, next episode should be a lot better in that regards.

This was my first time doing something like this so I wasn't expecting anything to spectacular right out the gates haha.

Asimov

Well if you were aiming for mediocrity, congrats! Mission accomplished.

jyb

cliff said:

What have been good if you commented more on the case where one never gains weight despite eats a lot (good or bad foods) - some skinny people are like this incl myself. How does it work? How can I be hypothyroid or low temp when everything I eat seems to be burnt?

OP
cliff

cliff

We would have commented more but he didn't give very much info to go off of.

It's a common thing in hypothyroidism, I think a lot of it comes down to your body not being able to utilize the food correctly. Ray talks about how he was simultaneously hyper and hypo thyroid at the same time and needed up to 10,000 cals just to maintain his weight.

I also think a lot of skinny people who think they eat a lot actually aren't eating as much as they think. They're is a ton of factors that is why we didn't really go too much into it without more info.