Generative Energy # 1

cliff

If you haven't seen it yet danny, myself and my brother put together a podcast; bit.ly/13WNRzE . More shows should be coming, probably once or twice a month.

4peatssake

Re: Generative Energy podcast

cliff said:
If you haven't seen it yet danny, myself and my brother put together a podcast; bit.ly/13WNRzE . More shows should be coming, probably once or twice a month.

You guys were great!! Entertaining and informative.

I think answering reader questions is a great way to break down some of the more complicated science and explaining things in more layman terms - especially for newcomers.

I'm still amazed at how many of us did the raw vegan to paleo (and back and forth a few times, for me at least!!)

Loved the Jack Nicholson/Joker opening line. :lol:

Isadora

I liked it a lot, thanks! :) I laughed at Danny Roddy's (friend's) distinction between "truthers" and "marketers" -- very useful, it should be widely adopted...

mmartian

I thought it was a little lackluster, myself. The sound quality was terrible. It just sounded like a bunch of california "dudes" laughing it up and making fun of paleo — and not sounding very intelligent while doing it. I like Danny, though, and hope future episodes are more worthwhile and substantive.

Dan Wich

Nice job, Cliff and Key (and Danny), I enjoyed this.

mmartian, I think they're intentionally going for a casual conversational style. And I found the last half very substantive, it's just that they were targeting introductory ideas. But I agree that the audio quality was distracting.

cliff

Sorry about the audio quality I think there was something wrong with danny's headphones, next episode should be a lot better in that regards.

This was my first time doing something like this so I wasn't expecting anything to spectacular right out the gates haha.

Asimov

Well if you were aiming for mediocrity, congrats! Mission accomplished.

jyb

cliff said:

What have been good if you commented more on the case where one never gains weight despite eats a lot (good or bad foods) - some skinny people are like this incl myself. How does it work? How can I be hypothyroid or low temp when everything I eat seems to be burnt?

cliff

We would have commented more but he didn't give very much info to go off of.

It's a common thing in hypothyroidism, I think a lot of it comes down to your body not being able to utilize the food correctly. Ray talks about how he was simultaneously hyper and hypo thyroid at the same time and needed up to 10,000 cals just to maintain his weight.

I also think a lot of skinny people who think they eat a lot actually aren't eating as much as they think. They're is a ton of factors that is why we didn't really go too much into it without more info.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
theantagonist Transcript of A Bioenergetic View of Addiction [Generative Energy #15] Generative Energy Podcast 0
theantagonist Transcript of PMS, PCOS, and Breast Cancer [Generative Energy #17] Generative Energy Podcast 6
theantagonist Transcript A Bioenergetic View of Dementia [Generative Energy #20] Generative Energy Podcast 0
Dan Wich Generative Energy #34: Calcium, Phosphate, Authoritarianism, Eugenics & CIA Spymaster Allen Dulles Generative Energy Podcast 11
Dan Wich Generative Energy #33: Optimizing The Environment With Ray Peat Generative Energy Podcast 76
A Proof-readers For Generative Energy Digital Version Ask For Help or Advice 19
Dan Wich Generative Energy #32: The CIA's Mighty Wurlitzer With Ray Peat Generative Energy Podcast 12
S People Interested In Obtaining The Book/ebook Generative Energy Ask For Help or Advice 9
Dan Wich Generative Energy #31: Safe Supplements With Raymond Peat Generative Energy Podcast 39
Dan Wich Generative Energy #30: What Keeps A Creative Person Going? Generative Energy Podcast 0
Dan Wich Generative Energy #29: How To Burn Fat On A Keto Diet (And Why You Shouldn’t) Generative Energy Podcast 7
burtlancast Danny Roddy Talking With Ray Peat 2 , Generative Energy #26 Podcast, 2016 Audio Interview Transcripts 3
dd99 A Bioenergetic View Of Autoimmunity [Generative Energy #12] Audio Interview Transcripts 5
Lightbringer Generative Energy #28: Talking With Ray Peat #3: The Origins Of Authoritarianism Generative Energy Podcast 3
Dan Wich Generative Energy #27: On The Back Of A Tiger Interview #2 Generative Energy Podcast 5
cantstoppeating Generative Energy #26: Talking With Ray Peat #2: Carbon Dioxide, NAD+/NADH, Antibiotics, Coffee Generative Energy Podcast 22
Dan Wich Generative Energy #25: A Bioenergetic View Of Osteoporosis (With Haidut) Generative Energy Podcast 6
Dan Wich Generative Energy #24: Q&A 2 - Tooth Decay, Suppl. Vs Food, Walks, And Ray Peat's Work (with Haidut) Generative Energy Podcast 1
Dan Wich Generative Energy #23: Q&A - Weight Loss, Dating, Red Light, Authorities, And Starch (With Haidut) Generative Energy Podcast 48
Dan Wich Generative Energy #22: A Bioenergetic View Of Heart Disease And Stroke (with Haidut) Generative Energy Podcast 9
Dan Wich Generative Energy #21: Beyond Nutrition: Are You Listening? Generative Energy Podcast 1
Dan Wich Generative Energy #20: A Bioenergetic View Of Dementia (With Haidut) Generative Energy Podcast 2
Dan Wich Generative Energy #19: Talking With Ray Peat Generative Energy Podcast 0
Dan Wich Generative Energy #18: Q and A with Danny and Georgi Generative Energy Podcast 6
Dan Wich [Teaser] Generative Energy #19 Generative Energy Podcast 6
Dan Wich Generative Energy #17: PMS, PCOS, And Breast Cancer (With Haidut) Generative Energy Podcast 12
Dan Wich Generative Energy #16: Hair Loss And Prostate Cancer (With Haidut) Generative Energy Podcast 2
Dan Wich Generative Energy #15: A Bioenergetic View Of Addiction (with Haidut) Generative Energy Podcast 11
Dan Wich Generative Energy #14: Another View of Evolution (with Haidut) Generative Energy Podcast 2
Dan Wich Generative Energy #13: Exploring Ray Peat's Work Beyond Nutrition Generative Energy Podcast 5
Dan Wich Generative Energy #12: A Bioenergetic View Of Autoimmunity (with Haidut) Generative Energy Podcast 14
Dan Wich Generative Energy #11: Nitric Oxide And Methylene Blue (with Haidut) Generative Energy Podcast 49
Dan Wich Generative Energy #10: Mood And Digestion (with Haidut) Generative Energy Podcast 19
Dan Wich Generative Energy # 9: A Bioenergetic View Of Weight Loss (with Haidut) Generative Energy Podcast 109
Dan Wich Generative Energy # 8: The Youth Steroids (with Haidut) Generative Energy Podcast 21
Amazoniac Generative Energy Episode #7 with Haidut (forum member), October 2015 Audio Interview Transcripts 31
J Generative Energy # 7: Polyunsaturated Fats In The Real Organism (with Haidut) Generative Energy Podcast 99
J Generative Energy Book Book Recommendations 14
haidut Metabolic (energy) deficiency may be the cause of Parkinson Disease (PD) Scientific Studies 1
Hugh Johnson Wilhem Reich's Orgone energy freeze tests Experiments 3
Drareg Big Tech’s Energy usage Society 9
Lejeboca Ray Peat Interview Feb 2021 - Roddy, Dinkov, Peat - #51: Heat Shock Proteins | Antibiotic Resistance | DHT Safety | Energy and Aging Video Interviews 5
G Nuclear energy is getting rebranded and making a comeback. Get ready for power plants next-door Society 12
J Energy Ask For Help or Advice 41
Velve921 Ideas For A Good Energy Drink Ask For Help or Advice 2
C Flying Horse energy drink composition Soda (Mexican Coke, Pepsi, etc.) 0
Hans Anti-serotonin stack for more energy and well-being Articles & Scientific Studies 17
C Energy balance podcast Health 17
haidut Low energy production (glucose metabolism) may cause andropause Scientific Studies 0
bzmazu COVID-19? Survival Requires Energy Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 5