Gelatin's "Recommended Dosages" Way, Way Too High And

Anders86

@baccheion I eat 1-2 eggs, 1,4L Oj, 2-3L Milk, 100g of meats, carrots, mushrooms and some coke. I have a big body, thrives on sugar and protein. I have eaten about 30-60g a day for a couple of years and easily bumped it to 100g the last month.

Anders86

I've had a lot of painful burning in my intestines due to an infection that went untreated for years and marine collagen (from wild cod skins) has been amazingly calming and healing to my gut. There was a point when all I could consume without being doubled over in pain was the collagen in coconut water.

Yeah it seems very effective. A compromised gut is probably more vulnerable for tryptophan and collagen/glycine protect against innflammation.

Inaut

@baccheion I eat 1-2 eggs, 1,4L Oj, 2-3L Milk, 100g of meats, carrots, mushrooms and some coke. I have a big body, thrives on sugar and protein. I have eaten about 30-60g a day for a couple of years and easily bumped it to 100g the last month.

My diet is quite similar. Less OJ and Milk but I eat a bigger meal with starch and meat for dinner. I've bulked up a lot since going to this style of eating and working out. Even body builders at my gym have noticed my growth :)

Anders86

My diet is quite similar. Less OJ and Milk but I eat a bigger meal with starch and meat for dinner. I've bulked up a lot since going to this style of eating and working out. Even body builders at my gym have noticed my growth :)

Nice!

baccheion

How much of a calorie surplus? 1% milk? How much lean mass gained? I have this theory bulking up is possible without working out.

Where are pictures of some of these transformations?

Inaut

I’m probably getting close to 3000 calories a day. I’m not super lean but I also had a bit of a pot belly before starting to work out. Regarding pics, I don’t ever take them, whether it’s for the RPF or family photos

OP
D

DMF

What brand do you use? Every gelatin I have tried gives me a headache
Yes, I have too had headaches from gelatin - so I decreased my intake.
We're all different and have different needs, so there's undoubtedly an appropriate amount of gelatin that's right for you.

L

Lord Cola

3 pints of what? tablespoon loads might be ok with food or in whole milk, while being stressful on the body in water, oj, etc.
Wouldn't 2 tablespoons in water be enough to make the solution isotonic or hypertonic and therefore not cause bad reactions unlike plain water?

Last edited by a moderator:

rei

I was mainly thinking about the very skewed nutritional composition of such a refined product. Milk protein&fat would even it out making it a balanced food. This is the same reason i never take protein shakes with water, but usually half amount in whole milk or with a meal, then there is no perceivable stress reaction.

David90

I Personally eat between 30-60g of Gelatin per Day. Depends on the Day (Workout Day or not). But i thought about switchting to Glycine or Collagen Powder....

I don't think that the Dosage is TOO high. As Newbie you should start with small Amounts (10 g per Day) and then work your way gradually up in small steps. This is how i did it with Gelatin.....

berk

i have 2 questions:
First: How do you count your gelatin intake from normal food?
How do you know if youre intake is on the high or low side?

Gelatin/collagen powder is very expensive in my local area, but i found this one:
Collagen Protein

I wondering is this "the good stuff"
Is the cheapest i cant find so far..

berk

there are a lot of gelatin/collagen junky's here and no one can geve me some answers? :/

milkboi

i have 2 questions:
First: How do you count your gelatin intake from normal food?
How do you know if youre intake is on the high or low side?

Gelatin/collagen powder is very expensive in my local area, but i found this one:
Collagen Protein

I wondering is this "the good stuff"
Is the cheapest i cant find so far..

that's probably fine

Jennifer

@berk — I don't count my intake from food but as far as telling if my intake is on the high or low side, I go by things like skin, hair, nail, joint and gut/digestion health, and cravings for it. When it comes to picking a brand, I look at the source so for bovine, porcine and chicken, I try to get one that's from pastured sources and for marine I try to get one from sustainably sourced, wild caught fish (collagen) and clean and well managed fisheries (gelatin) — I haven't found marine gelatin from wild caught sources yet. I didn't see the source of the one you linked to, but it's probably fine.

stackz07

I Personally eat between 30-60g of Gelatin per Day. Depends on the Day (Workout Day or not). But i thought about switchting to Glycine or Collagen Powder....

I don't think that the Dosage is TOO high. As Newbie you should start with small Amounts (10 g per Day) and then work your way gradually up in small steps. This is how i did it with Gelatin.....

Are you using a supplement? How are you guys knowing how much protein you're getting from gelatin if you're making your own? I am using oxtails but have no idea how much weight/spoonfuls equates to in protein..?

Anders86

there are a lot of gelatin/collagen junky's here and no one can geve me some answers? :/

Well if you read my posts you would have seen that I eat a 1:1 ratio, 100g. All I know is that Great Lakes are great.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals