Gelatine. Smells Like Pig Urine

Kunder

Just threw away 14 pouches of pork gelatin. Each 20 grams. I put it in hot water to dissolve and asked my colleagues what the smell reminds them of - all 4 said pig or cattle urine/***t. I don’t have to tell you the subsequent looks i got.

Country of origin: Germany

The point I’m trying to make is that one should assume the worst, in terms of what’s in these things. What enters the production, how it is cleaned and subsequently processed. That goes way beyond what you can smell. Btw I’ve been consuming this specific brand for years, it has always had a subtle offensive pig ***t odor, but this batch takes the crown. Utterly repugnant.

This point applies not just to the broth vs gelatin debate, but also to gelatine vs pure glycine debate. I’ll take some trace heavy metals from a lab-made glycine over pigg piss any day.

I quite like my powdered glycine. I do over 30 grams a day.

So next time someone tells you gelatine is more than just glycine, keep this in mind. Whether that ‘more’ is what you really want.

OP
Kunder

Kunder

If you ever find yourself in a 5 mile radius from a pig farm, you’ll know what pig urine smells like.

cyclops

Good points, I think I'm done with processed gelatin. Too many people talking about endotoxin and that its made from odd parts.

I been using Great Lakes, the green and red can, are you familiar with those? I think the red can may be better if you bloom it, but still, think Im just gonna use other options.

Wagner83

I get the same smell from knox gelatin, which is why I stopped. Urinotherapy could be beneficial though.

But thats what i mean, gelatin production is the end station for whatever is left of the animal. Why not throw in a brain here and there. What else are they gonna do with it.
Brain is a delicacy :cool I wouldn’t touch the generic cake stuff either btw. There’s a reason it’s cheaper than Great Lakes.

lampofred

Why not just make a bone broth and get your gelatin that way? Also when you do this you can add as little or as much piss as you like, to suit your personal preference.

Lmaoo

Why not just make a bone broth and get your gelatin that way? Also when you do this you can add as little or as much piss as you like, to suit your personal preference.
Can someone email Peat how much he adds to his? I couldn’t find it on toxinless.

sladerunner69

So the only evidence that gelatin contains urine or excrement is that it smells repugnant? Probably a rotten batch, that's all. Meat can smell that way when it is overdue. Also if you have ever had intestines, stomach, or any of the digestive tract organs of an animal you know that it can betray an unpleasant odor. I'm not worried, though. My gelatin smells fine and Peat has recommended it for ages.

Back
Top Bottom