Gelatin Vs Pure Glycine?

milk_lover

Ok I am starting to think gelatin is superior to glycine. I get so much effect from gelatin powder (the green can) than from pure glycine supplement. It just feels more "right" if that makes sense.

TubZy

Ok I am starting to think gelatin is superior to glycine. I get so much effect from gelatin powder (the green can) than from pure glycine supplement. It just feels more "right" if that makes sense.

I notice the same. I was switching back and forth from gelatin to glycine and the effects from gelatin are way more noticeable. I think my stomach handles it fine now too.

milk_lover

I notice the same. I was switching back and forth from gelatin to glycine and the effects from gelatin are way more noticeable. I think my stomach handles it fine now too.
it's the real deal I think. Peat is never fan of glycine supplement as he thinks it can increase inflammation. It's from China and we don't know how they source it. It could be from gorilla hair who knows. The green can of great lake gives me no stomach issue if I don't use more than a heaping tablespoon of it dissolved in milk coffee. Good stuff.

johnwester130

I have a feeling for some reason, glycine doesn't mix that well with milk protein. Have you tried it with Coke?

even isolated glycine supplements gave me a bad reaction

the green lakes gelatin powder didn't always make me feel terrible though, maybe about 50% of the time

no, never tried it with coke,

milk_lover

even isolated glycine supplements gave me a bad reaction

the green lakes gelatin powder didn't always make me feel terrible though, maybe about 50% of the time

no, never tried it with coke,
B-vitamins may also help with glycine. I think since glycine increases acid production, taking it with solid food like starch and meat may help alleviate stomach issues of glycine.