Gelatin+Vitamin C Shots

olive

Post workout is the worst time to take vitamin C.
Also gelatin poses endotoxin and glyphosate issues. Not to mention the fact that it’s an unbalanced protein source if not consumed next to a meal. The benefits of gelatin are only really pronounced when consumed alongside muscle meat.

YourUniverse

Glycine has benefits outside of diluting tryptophan in muscle meat.

There are better times to take gelatin + C - peri-workout, proteins higher in BCAAs are still probably your best bet. Milk, whey, cottage cheese, and etc.

Gelatin + C is a great idea at other times of the day IMO, good idea. I like the sound of it a few hours before bed.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

personally i use glycine now as gelatin gave me stomach pain

Ever since I learned what Dr. Peat said about fats and their easy transport similar to liposomal products, I looked around. @Travis discussed Ascorbyl palmitate, and it’s cheap to buy and that’s what I use. It is fat soluble form of vitamin C and easily I would think gets incorporated into chyrlomicrons, crosses the BBB, and lasts a long time in the body compared to water soluble ascorbate. So that’s what I use now.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

I actually just reread an older correspondence with @Travis where he mentioned ascorbyl palmitate. Thanks for bringing this up @ecstatichamster . See part of his blurb below

"I have been reading about ascorbyl palmitate, and also type-1 diabetes. I think you'd be interested in ascorbyl palmitate because it powerfully inhibits cancer, reducing total tumor volume in rats by 91% (Smart, 1987). This molecule is lipid-soluble and prevents lipid peroxidation more effectively than vitamin E (Lee, 1999). It is also a very potent inhibitor of hyaluronidase (Botzki, 2004), the one enzyme most correlated with tumor invasion and metastasis. Hyaluronidase is exactly what it sounds like: this enzyme is secreted by cells and is capable of hydrolyzing hyaluronic acid, a main constituent of the extracellular matrix This process removes contact inhibition while also creating space for cancer daughter cells. Linus Pauling had also written about this enzyme (Pauling, 1973), and in the years before hyaluronic acid had been discovered it had been known as 'spreading factor' (Chain, 1940). Based on the studies that I've read, I would rate this enzyme as the #2 cancer enzyme right behind ornithine decarboxylase—just about tied with glyoxalase-1 in importance. "