Gelatin Turning Into Super Glue...safe?

Violence

I'm sure anyone eating gelatin has noticed that if yoy don't rinse your mug, the bottom of it gets covered in a crazy glue like glaze. If you leave a spoon in the cup, it'll be stuck to the bottom as it it was super-glued.

Given this is stuff i eat every day, about 20 grams (3 TBS) worth, pork one, dissolved in hot water or tea, I wonder whether this can be causing any harm in the intestines. I realize the gelatin turning to a super glue is primarily a result of the evaporation of water, whereas the my intestines are likely to be humid at the very least, but still, what if they are not sufficiently moist for the glue not to appear. Could this be harmfull, has anyone wondered this?

Would collagen be different, or safer?

tara

I realize the gelatin turning to a super glue is primarily a result of the evaporation of water, whereas the my intestines are likely to be humid at the very least, but still, what if they are not sufficiently moist for the glue not to appear.
Also it's warmer in the gut. It sets when it cools.
If you notice/suspect it's bothering your gut, you could try the hydrolysate. Some seem to do better with one or the other.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom