Gelatin - Superfood ?

Dobster

Good day all,

After reading up as much on the Gelatin benefits, I'd started taking it about 4-5 days ago. I've some questions that I need some advice with:

1/ Type of Gelatin ? - Granulated or Power form
2/ Process - Can I just sprinkle some on oatmeal/soup etc or do i need to dissolve the gelatin in hot water then
add to my meal ?
3/ How much quantity to consume a day/week ?

Appreciate any other input to get the most benefit from this 'superfood'.

Thank you all
Dobster

tara

Hi Dobster,
This is my take:
1. Whatever agrees with you. Some people find gelatine easier to digest, some find hydrolysed collagen easier, some both, some neither.
2. Allow it to bloom well in cold water, then mix with hot liquid seems to be often good. It is likely to clump if you add it straight to hot liquid. Worth trying it with your hot oatmeal or soup, but let soak it in water for a couple of minutes first.
3. If you are a fully grown adult, you can make it a large part of your daily protein if you want. Some people say they get benefits from 15-20g regularly.

OP
D

Dobster

Thanks Tara, appreciate your insight. I suffer from AFS and am looking to beat it by any means. Gelatin seems to work..but more intake and duration will reveal more am sure. Plus am reading up on the other stuff on the forums. Good stuff.

OP
D

Dobster

Good Day all,

I was browsing on this site the other day and thought I'd seen a post from a gentleman who was surprised he was getting muscle mass just by taking AA's or some other supplements. He'd posted before / after pics as well. Can anyone please point me towards his post.
Thanks much

Dobster.

OP
D

Dobster

Thanks Tara, appreciate your insight. I suffer from AFS and am looking to beat it by any means. Gelatin seems to work..but more intake and duration will reveal more am sure. Plus am reading up on the other stuff on the forums. Good stuff.

I have another Question - Does Gelatin consumption cause constipation, if so what can help ?
Thanks
Dobster

Jill82

Hello everyone! I also have a question regarding the superfood gelatin. Since I am a vegetarian and gelatin is by nature an animal product, I was wondering if there is a vegan gelatin and if so, are the effects the same?
Thank you!

tara

I was wondering if there is a vegan gelatin and if so, are the effects the same?
I don't think there is such a thing as vegan gelatin for these purposes. Gelatin is cooked collagen. I've know vegans who made jelly out of agar, but it would not have any of the same health effects Peat points to for gelatin.
I don't know what substrate is used to manufacture isolated amino acids like glycine. Glycine is on e of the key amino acids in gelatin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals