Gelatin Needs To Be Used As Religiously As Sugar

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date

Runenight201

I use stevia to sweeten (as I don't consume sugar).

Uh oh....

Hang around here long enough and that just might change =P

I have heard of these jello recipes that use oj or some other fruit juice to create a nutritious, delectable, gelatin filled treat to enjoy.

I may start buying haribo gummy bears and incorporating those into my daily diet as a little pick me up snack, as I don’t think I can be bothered with this jello making process.... I doubt I’d get as much gelatin compared to if I were to make it at home, but such is the price for convenience...there’s only so much energy that can be directed towards the kitchen, sometimes I choose to accept the modern convenience of certain prepared foods.

brocktoon

how much different is collagen hydroslate compared to gelatine?
Here's what the great Nathan Hatch has to say about collagen:
COLLAGEN this product is advertised as being more easily digested than normal gelatin, but the process by which it is often made—sitting in a vat in chemicals or minerals to break down the proteins, has the side effect of turning proteins into peptides, which are fragments of protein. All peptides and proteins and amino acids have stimulatory effects, and in different combinations cause different effects depending on the particular combination of amino acids. Randomly breaking proteins into peptides and amino acids has the danger of creating random peptides which often cause unwanted stimulatory effects, and collagen side effects of headaches are a very real consequence of poorly made collagen products. I have seen so many people have migraines, bloating, and other problems from using bad collagen that I highly warn against it. It is much better and safer to have normal gelatin or casein powder to supplement protein, or use a glycine supplement.

brocktoon

+1 on this, I 'googled' for a while because i got a free hydrolyzed collagen sample, and was told on all sources it has the same benefits as gelatin, just broken down into easier to digest amino acids.
Hopefully we can get more evidence on this issue
I posted this elsewhere in this thread (from nathan Hatch):
COLLAGEN this product is advertised as being more easily digested than normal gelatin, but the process by which it is often made—sitting in a vat in chemicals or minerals to break down the proteins, has the side effect of turning proteins into peptides, which are fragments of protein. All peptides and proteins and amino acids have stimulatory effects, and in different combinations cause different effects depending on the particular combination of amino acids. Randomly breaking proteins into peptides and amino acids has the danger of creating random peptides which often cause unwanted stimulatory effects, and collagen side effects of headaches are a very real consequence of poorly made collagen products. I have seen so many people have migraines, bloating, and other problems from using bad collagen that I highly warn against it. It is much better and safer to have normal gelatin or casein powder to supplement protein, or use a glycine supplement.

Mossy

I posted this elsewhere in this thread (from nathan Hatch):
This makes sense to me, as collagen gives me bloating, headaches and contipation. I have yet to conclude if gelatin is completely side effect free, but if it does give me any issues, they are considerably less.

TripleOG

If glyphosate mimicks glycine and saturates the same areas, we're pretty much forced to go organic for our broths/gelatin aren't we?

What's that say about these non-organic gelatin powders?

Would straight glycine be a concern?

Carrum

Btw-- anyone have info on arginine-to-lysine ratio of gelatin being a no-no for cold sore sufferers (it's about 2:1)? Just curious because I recently had a cold sore. Hadn't had one for some years.
Wow! I had not heard of this. You may have helped me discover why I have been getting loads of cold sores for the past year or so. In my teens I often had cold sores but only very occasionally after that. Now in my late 50's I have them almost every week for weeks on end.
Until a few years ago the only gelatin I was consuming was from homemade stock and occasionaly jelly sweets but then I started also using gelatin powder and for the past year or so I have been having a scoop or two of collagen in OJ every day as well. I have not used collagen for two weeks or so while I was experimenting with A2 milk and I have not had any cold sore outbreaks in that time. Coincidence?
I don't want to cut down on gelatin or collagen much if at all so I'm going to add a little l-Lysine. I already have some that I bought a while ago because I had read that it is good for keeping cold sores at bay but kept forgetting to use it. Now that I know about the arginine/lysine ratio and cold sores, it will give me more reason to use it. Just had some now.

Wow! I had not heard of this. You may have helped me discover why I have been getting loads of cold sores for the past year or so. In my teens I often had cold sores but only very occasionally after that. Now in my late 50's I have them almost every week for weeks on end.
Until a few years ago the only gelatin I was consuming was from homemade stock and occasionaly jelly sweets but then I started also using gelatin powder and for the past year or so I have been having a scoop or two of collagen in OJ every day as well. I have not used collagen for two weeks or so while I was experimenting with A2 milk and I have not had any cold sore outbreaks in that time. Coincidence?
I don't want to cut down on gelatin or collagen much if at all so I'm going to add a little l-Lysine. I already have some that I bought a while ago because I had read that it is good for keeping cold sores at bay but kept forgetting to use it. Now that I know about the arginine/lysine ratio and cold sores, it will give me more reason to use it. Just had some now.
Milk is a good source of lysine, and meat is an even better source of it( I believe it has around 2 times more lysine than milk, comparing for the same amount of protein). Chicken meat is also almost as high as red meat in this amino-acid. Maybe just eating more of these foods can be an alternative to supplemeting with lysine or even doing both things( which is what I do). I think muscle meat and gelatin aren't supposed to be eaten in exclusion of one another. Normally more emphasis is put on not eating muscle meat without gelatin, but I think the opposite should be emphasized as well.

Carrum

Rafael, thanks for the info.
I have been having a fair amount of meat at breakfast and dinner for a long while. I used to have it at lunch but I do very physical work which seems to intefere with my digestion so I had been using OJ with collagen and amino acids to keep me going through the day instead because it's been easy to digest.
Now that I have discovered that I can use A2 milk, I have been having milky rice pudding, for lunch, and OJ here and there through the day (without collagen and aminos now). I may cut out the rice during the day and increase the milk but it's still early days for me with my milk experiment.
Anyway, what I am trying to say is it looks like my arginine - lysine ratio is improving, so as you say I may be able to do away with supplementing with lysine.

aussiebaldguy

Gelatin seems to be under rated on this fourm.

The importance of protein cannot be understated, but nothing changed my metabolic rate/health like consuming copious amounts of beef gelatin.

This is after 18 months of peating, gelatin was the key all along.

2-3 Large table spoons with every meal and I eat 5 times a day. Alongside collagen in orange juice during/after working out.

Here's what happened.

1) I was able to cold turkey quit nicotine with zero effort. I mean without thinking about it. My habitual use was 2-5 nicotine products a day (dip/cig) to nothing. I noticed that gelatin kills the desire to consume nicotine after a protein heavy meal, which I assume has to do with tyrophan. And tobaccos effect on increasing T3.

2) Cortisol seems to dropping drastically as my hairline is begenning to grow back, those small venus hairs are popping up everywhere

3) Calcified/chrome temples where there is hair loss is starting break up and losen up

4) Metabolism is picking up, since I am not rely on stress hormones/nicotine. I am getting leaner

Gelatin is awesome and I believe people should experiment with much higher doses.
taurine can also be very useful

If cost is an issue.

NOW gelatin is 40% the price of Great lakes, and it mixes better and dissolves better without clumps.
I'd love to get of nicotine products easily so I'm interested

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Nicotine use is almost always a way to lower brain serotonin and raise metabolism.
Its' self medication

Utilizing b2 and gelatin/collage and avoiding tryptophan. is the easiest way to quit tobacco.

meatbag

I'd love to get of nicotine products easily so I'm interested
I noticed niacinamide seems to help me, in my personal opinion. After taking a large amount and then smoking the cigarette tasted disgusting. I know this sounds stupid but I noticed a similar effect with applesauce :ugeek:

aussiebaldguy

Nicotine use is almost always a way to lower brain serotonin and raise metabolism.
Its' self medication

Utilizing b2 and gelatin/collage and avoiding tryptophan. is the easiest way to quit tobacco.

I'm off the cigarettes but now need to quit the nicotine gum ..I'll give some b2 and gelatin a try

TreasureVibe

I have 2 questions:

Will a can of Great Lakes Beef Hide Gelatin stored in a room that has been around 25 degrees celsius still be usable, or will it have been degraded?

And, can gelatin powder be put in water and taken on an empty stomach?

Last edited:

jet9

Gelatin seems to be under rated on this fourm.

The importance of protein cannot be understated, but nothing changed my metabolic rate/health like consuming copious amounts of beef gelatin.

This is after 18 months of peating, gelatin was the key all along.

2-3 Large table spoons with every meal and I eat 5 times a day. Alongside collagen in orange juice during/after working out.

Here's what happened.

1) I was able to cold turkey quit nicotine with zero effort. I mean without thinking about it. My habitual use was 2-5 nicotine products a day (dip/cig) to nothing. I noticed that gelatin kills the desire to consume nicotine after a protein heavy meal, which I assume has to do with tyrophan. And tobaccos effect on increasing T3.

2) Cortisol seems to dropping drastically as my hairline is begenning to grow back, those small venus hairs are popping up everywhere

3) Calcified/chrome temples where there is hair loss is starting break up and losen up

4) Metabolism is picking up, since I am not rely on stress hormones/nicotine. I am getting leaner

Gelatin is awesome and I believe people should experiment with much higher doses.
taurine can also be very useful

If cost is an issue.

NOW gelatin is 40% the price of Great lakes, and it mixes better and dissolves better without clumps.
Amarsh213, are you still eating gelatin with positive results ?

Cirion

Not Amarsh, but I've been hitting about 50g of Gelatin a day, and have seen some good improvements over the past month.

In what form are you taking it? Jello, in coffee, etc..?

RealNeat

Well I just ordered some of the NOW gelatin that was suggested earlier in the thread and gonna try it soon. 50g a day I guess, since I probably need to take the max recommended dose both to increase my overall protein but also glycine a day.

Incidentally, Haidut's infamous 1500+T protocol involved 40-60g gelatin a day if I recall correctly.
Isn't the source of the gelatin pretty important considering that it could have quite the hefty load of GLYphosate? Ironically a good source of gelatin can help rid of glyphosate in the body. I have seen that most of them are derived from bovine hide and the grass fed ones are from Brazil.

tankasnowgod

Isn't the source of the gelatin pretty important considering that it could have quite the hefty load of GLYphosate? Ironically a good source of gelatin can help rid of glyphosate in the body. I have seen that most of them are derived from bovine hide and the grass fed ones are from Brazil.

I've heard this claim, but so far, haven't seen any data on levels. Any gelatins been tested that you know of?

tankasnowgod

In what form are you taking it? Jello, in coffee, etc..?

I usually eat a piece of jello a day (made with juice and sugar) that has about 10g, the way I make it. I add 20g to my daily cottage cheese and fruit meal. On top of that, I use 10 g of collagen in juice twice a day. That's how I've been doing it, and it does work pretty well for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals