Gelatin gives me ADHD symptoms

Ben

For several days, I've drank a hot mixture of orange juice and gelatin each morning (because protein is best in the morning). I think gelatin has this effect because of gasosintestinal irritation, which can increase serotonin,. Since this is powdered gelatin, it's unlikely that bacteria feed upon it. The mixture is highly dense and semisolid at room temperature, so I heat it and drink it. Maybe the density of it causes irritation. 6 tablespoons per 16 oz mug of orange juice.

Anyway, it gives me motor hyperactivity. Someone commented how I'm "all over the place". It makes me feel uncontrolled and spontaneous. I say things I normally would withhold, and do things I normally would not do. My concentration seems to be worse than before when I drink it. I seem to feel "wired" on it instead of relaxed. Now the problem is, I don't know if I should stop eating gelatin in general, or if I should spread it out.

Did anyone also have a negative experience with gelatin?

jyb

Why wouldn't bacteria be able to feed upon it? I do fine with hydrolyzed gelatin (and I take quite a lot), but I always thought that the bad experience I've had with regular gelatin is due to bacteria and digestion, despite me being very careful to dissolve it well in boiling water.

OP
B

Ben

It's gelatin of the hydrolyzed sort, and that's what I read about regular gelatin: Bacteria feed upon it and cause bad effects. But in some thread a poster said it takes a few days for the negative effect to appear, so maybe 6 tablespoons per mug of OJ is too much.

It's worth stating that I had a similar effect from lard. I noticed before I found out about RP that when I ate meat with lots of lard, I would be less inhibited, which felt good so I actually bought some lard at the store and ate it to reduce inhibition. I was in a better, less inhibited mood. To this day, I have no idea what made me feel good from it. Fat increases a feeling of fullness. Maybe a feeling of fullness reduces inhibition. Gelatin is especially filling to the stomach. When a person is full, they don't have such a good appetite or motivation to do things, but they are also more relaxed.

Aspekt

That seems like a huge amount of a single serve. Personally I start to get gastrointestinal symptoms and mood swings with more than 1 TBS of collagen with a meal.

Daniil

I think there's a lot of histamine in gelatin, and that's causing problems. Stale beef contains a lot of histamine, probably in the beef put stale pieces. ADHD is associated with histamine. Gelatin may also contain endotoxin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals