Gelatin Gives Me A Headache

Gone Peating

I have consumed both green lakes hydrolized gelatin as well as pork rinds/chicharrones. They both seem to give me a headache.

The problem is that they definitely improve my chronic pain shoulder and back pain from an injury I had a long time ago.

Does anyone have any recommendations for different kinds of gelatin to try or ideas about why powdered gelatin and pork rinds give me a headache?

bistecca

I always feel best when consuming lots of broth from grass fed beef. I can't find pork that's fed a low pufa diet, so I don't really eat it(might take a stab at raising a few pigs in the future). Another concern with pork, which I haven't seen discussed much, is the possibility of non-proteogenic amino acids like l-canavanine which are commonly found in legumes being incorporated into tissue and consumed.

OP
G

Gone Peating

I always feel best when consuming lots of broth from grass fed beef. I can't find pork that's fed a low pufa diet, so I don't really eat it(might take a stab at raising a few pigs in the future). Another concern with pork, which I haven't seen discussed much, is the possibility of non-proteogenic amino acids like l-canavanine which are commonly found in legumes being incorporated into tissue and consumed.

Yea this would be ideal I just can't spend the money at the moment

bistecca

Yea this would be ideal I just can't spend the money at the moment

I suppose I'm lucky to have both the resources to spend(although it's not that much) and a farmer that sells high quality stuff direct to consumers. I get gelatinous cuts of rib meat and shanks for 5-6 dollars a lb, chicken necks for 3 dollars a lb, beef liver for 4 a lb. That's most of what I eat.