Gelatin: Does It Needs To Be Heaten Or Dissolved?

Ron J

Jesus you all gonna drive me mad haha I thought simple gelatin would get the job done. I get about one pound for 3 $. Real cheap compared to your hydrolized collagen (20$ a pound). What if I just eat some extra gelatin? Wouldn't it work?
3 dollars for a pound of gelatin? Where?

tac a wah

Sounds like a lot of confusion about gelatin, We go thru a lot of gelatin (I get 1500 lbs. at a time) . There is no such thing as raw gelatin, Ray Peat say's that the protein that is in muscle and skin is 50% collagen, to extract it, it needs to be heated (boiled). It is now properly called gelatin. It is as easy to digest as meat or other protein.. In comparing the plain gelatin to the hydrolyzed version via muscle testing (kinesiology), the plain is superior to the hydrolyzed, therefore I always use the plain gelatin.Gelatin, stress, longevity

Last edited:

NewACC

1465205875182.gif
But it's so tasty and simple. I don't see any reason to dissolve it in different liquids before

DaveFoster

But it's so tasty and simple. I don't see any reason to dissolve it in different liquids before
With the consistency of coagulated sawdust and flavor of the same, what's not to like?