Gelatin and muscle meat?

jayUK9779

How do people add gelatin into their diets when eating muscle meats? I have just bought some great lakes orange tub and its come in a powder?

OP
J

jayUK9779

At the moment I just add two teaspoons to coffee once a day, but is there any other way of adding it to your food?

BingDing

I don't care for the powder in drinks so I make it up into jello, the stuff that giggles when you touch it. 1 TBS per cup of boiling water is what Knox brand says, but you can make it stronger (more protein per unit volume). Once it sets up I put it in the blender with whole milk and some heavy cream and chop it up, the milk fat keeps it from glomming up into a solid again. Then I can pour say 3/4 cup gelatin bits, 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup oj, 1 TBSP simple syrup for a creamsicle from heaven. Lordy, but I do love Ray Peat! 3-4 of those a day is typical. Switch Mexicoke for oj for use with muscle meat, or just use the jello/milk by itself.

[I'm going to omit the simple syrup for the next week in view of the thread about Danny Roddy and sugar, see if it makes any difference in water retention and puffy face, persistent problems for me.]

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
BingDing said:
[I'm going to omit the simple syrup for the next week in view of the thread about Danny Roddy and sugar, see if it makes any difference in water retention and puffy face, persistent problems for me.]

BingDing, please let us know your findings.

BingDing

:thumbup, Charlie and jay.

I think it may be me that giggles when you touch it, :rolling I know I did the first time I played with the jiggly jello. :lol:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals