Gbolduev's Big Post That Got Him Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

alywest

How i observed it, what happened with Gbold was that kind of charismatic person with nice sounding ideas tried to create an cult around himself. Why am i using that word, cult? Because he didn't prove/reference his ideas. He channeled source material ("anesthesiology textbooks") that avg forum reader couldn't verify. I have anesthesiology, biochemistry etc textbooks here in my home (not mine, my wifes), and i have no idea what chapters i should have read to verify his claims, all of them? Maybe he was right, i don't know. But without the possibility of checking his claims, neither does anyone else. He was playing mystic/guru that has answers to all your problems, no explanations just answers. Basic analysis of subject goes through questions "who, what, where, when, why, how". Gbold was constantly asked "why", but he only offered "how". It doesn't work, there is an inevitable conflict with people who want full answers. Hence, cult, or proto-cult. Considering the objective of this forum (health through logic and facts) and the emotional response he elicited, banning him was by far the best and only choice.

We pride ourselves for the free speech that we have. But it doesn't mean that one has the freedom to go to some one else's house and say whatever he wants. For most, forums are places where like-minded gather, and at best homes for self-improvement. How should one react when one like Gbold comes to your home, explains why you are wrong in what you do, doesn't prove what he is saying and tops it off with profanities? Idea of Gbold having his own subforum was an friendly compromise that should have satisfied people that wanted to communicate with him, without him slinging mud all over the site. He continued his behavior, so he was banned. Nothing more to it.

I also want to clarify, that even though i cant take Gbold's ideas seriously without any proof but his word, i enjoyed those ideas a lot and did entertain them for a while.

Vesi, completely agree with your analysis. Well put!

Gbolduev stirred the pot, and that isn't always such a bad thing. It made me look at some things from a new angle and I have grown in my knowledge because of the questions he raised.

Guru is a great way to put it. There are a lot of them out there. When I was at my lowest I tried to follow the guru-ess known as Kelly Brogan MD. She tells you what to eat, what you have to cut out and then tells you a bunch of nonsense in between, trying to make you feel like you're being let in on some secret knowledge that only she knows because she went through thyroid illness and now she's perfect! I paid for her program and never had the guts to ask for my money back. But i was desperate when I bought in. Since then I have been very wary of anyone who proclaims to have all the answers.

Xisca

I think I write for nothing...
1) he did not make any cult, but some peat people are cultish in their ways, big difference.
2) after the subforum creation, people went on "slinging mud" as you said, and so he answered, which was a mistake but the mistake was also to let people spread false informations about what he was suposedly saying! I understand everybody who wants to rectify the falseness.

He came for pfs, and had no time to write a whole book.
Who else here has a knowledge that cannot fit in a few posts? I hope many of you? What if you are asked something that you can answer but you know it takes a lot of time and then is answered again, showing no understanding, and even agressivity?

Bolduev is right to say that Peat's way of eating cannot work for everybody, and the best he brought was to help know who it can benefit! It was very interresting for the Peat forum, if it were not for some cultish people who always say that something is peatish or not peatish and peatarian and peat's way...

alywest

I think I write for nothing...
1) he did not make any cult, but some peat people are cultish in their ways, big difference.
2) after the subforum creation, people went on "slinging mud" as you said, and so he answered, which was a mistake but the mistake was also to let people spread false informations about what he was suposedly saying! I understand everybody who wants to rectify the falseness.

He came for pfs, and had no time to write a whole book.
Who else here has a knowledge that cannot fit in a few posts? I hope many of you? What if you are asked something that you can answer but you know it takes a lot of time and then is answered again, showing no understanding, and even agressivity?

Bolduev is right to say that Peat's way of eating cannot work for everybody, and the best he brought was to help know who it can benefit! It was very interresting for the Peat forum, if it were not for some cultish people who always say that something is peatish or not peatish and peatarian and peat's way...

I don't think you saw some of the things Gbolduev said on certain threads. I know I just happened to come across him at the wrong place at the wrong time, but it showed me how disrespectful he could be. IMHO it's one thing to attack someone who is there to defend himself, but to attack someone who isn't just to get some sort of reaction is cowardly. If he has such issues with Peat, why not take it up with the man himself? I'm sure that if Gbolduev didn't come at him like a bull in a china shop, RP would have been happy to have a rational discussion with him about his ideas. Has Gboluev just built up RP so much in his mind that he has to tear him down? Seems like some sort of authority complex. "I have to be the authority, not him!"

namaste

This thread is dripping in irony.

"Why are you guys so obsessed with gbold? Go follow him somewhere else!"

Totally ignoring the fact that the guy has essentially brought this entire forum to a screeching halt, mostly due to discussion by the radical pro-RP crowd.

rmgwm

IMO it's incredibly immature to report anyone because you don't like what they say when you can simply mute them and never see a post from them again.

I enjoyed reading his theories as did others but here we have many being punished because of the immaturity of a few.

alywest

This thread is dripping in irony.

"Why are you guys so obsessed with gbold? Go follow him somewhere else!"

Totally ignoring the fact that the guy has essentially brought this entire forum to a screeching halt, mostly due to discussion by the radical pro-RP crowd.

I sort of agree with you, but can you please expand on what you mean by "brought this forum to a screeching halt"?

Drareg

And you are lying yet again. Gboldev told people to avoid all supplements.He mentioned manganese and zinc for hair loss based on a study which he outlined.You haven't read anything he posted it seems.
Haidut sells steroids. Are you serious?

Are you serious,gbolduev clearly is telling people take supplements and steroids,read through the threads please.

alywest

Are you serious,gbolduev clearly is telling people take supplements and steroids,read through the threads please.
Oh, you must have missed this, @HUGHHEFFNER is apparently Gbolduev. Same IP address according to Charlie.

Drareg

you do know that Gbold did not direct us to a RU source right?

how can you just makes these random claims?

The word maybe is used,it’s you who makes the random claim without reading what I said.
Gbolduev told you use RU therefore the direction is started with him,another gbolduev fanboy defending,must be nervous about being a guinea pig now you’ve seen his previous posts on other forums.

Drareg

He thought RU486 was RU58841 the entire time when they are completely two different drugs. Like he didn't even read any of the links he posted to hair loss forums saying "Look RU has been out since 2011, this is nothing new you idiots!" but he had no idea hairloss forums are talking about RU58841...completely clueless anything that he posts.

This posts sums you up,as mentioned by multiple users on here you create strawmans or hang on to the weakest point possible and distort it,you have no sincere capacity to engage people in an intelligent manner.
As mentioned people should look through your previous posts to see what your about,it’s non stop pill magic bullet seeking. The facts are there.

Drareg

Seriously this.

TYW was exceptionally well mannered on this forum despite numerous random and uncalled for attacks on him personally. Yes, he disagreed with peat.

Dradreg was there constantly attacking him and being very dogmatic in his support of peat.

Okay we can admit gbolduev doesn't have the manners of tyw, but here dradreg is again with his rude and offensive comments

I never attacked tyw personally, I read his posts and asked questions and the usual anti peat brigade on here jumper all over us playing victim seeking again.
The reality is I know more about what tyw is saying than you. He made several straw mans against Peat and I pointed them out,other than that I read the book he posted on here and most of the studies posted,you didn’t do any of this.
Your mentioning his name is an attempt to associate with him to make yourself look intelligent. You just wanted tyw to tell you what to do.

Drareg

I will say what no one else cares to admit here.

The truth is we were all challenged by a different point of view. Gbol being rude is not what is hurting people like West Side complains about at all. What's hurting is that those "gurus" who were in a position of safety and who have been dishing out advice they were supposedly correct about for all these years (and who have got a lot of credit for their knowledge) are suddenly feeling insecure and threatened. Why? Because many of us here know that Gbol is able to deliver a higher truth to some of us who care to learn. There are lots of advisers here who would rather not give up their halo of superiority and any "established intellectual credibility". That is the cold hard truth and off course they will hide behind saying he is rude and / or whatever excuse. On the other hand, I'm sure lots of these same people get a thrill out of Connor Mcgreggor's talk trash of the highest order.

When a chance at real progress or a breakthrough in knowledge comes along, the people that respect that opportunity more than protecting their own egos will let the truth present itself. Because that truth is more important than me and you. All those who have shut down that chance here can now feel safe again and go back to being right.

For the rest here who want that opportunity to learn and possibly live better, lets hope we live to see the Return of the Gbol! And to all the doubters let the results speak for themselves and let that be the judge of Gbol and his true intentions and integrity.

There is simple solution for this,just start a gbolduev forum,I mean it’s that simple and all of you can go there. It’s called diplomacy no?
Clearly gbolduev hates Ray Peat although does like to steal ideas form him and repackage them.

Drareg

You know if some alien just came to earth, and never knew about the history of gbol and Drareg on this forum, and just started reading this forum of late, I'm thinking he would think that Drareg is acting more like a ****head than gbol. So then he is scratching his alien head, wondering why gbol got banned and Drareg didn't.

I got banned many times.
I’m just asking questions.
If said alien made it to earth is highly likely to be far smarter than all of us and would probably ask why gbolduev doesn’t offer a point for point explanation of what he is saying.

Travis

What's funny about this is that Gilbert Ling was kind of known for being uncompromising, frustrating, and stubborn in his career, which was arguably his downfall professionally.
By who? By the same people who believe that a small protein can discriminate between Na⁺ and K⁺, and can selectively pump only Na⁺ out of the cell?

You can be perceived as stubborn for not stubbornly believing in the same bad paradigms as everyone else. Galileo was probably characterized as stubborn by some.

Drareg

Take note everyone, gbolduev fanatics are in here yet none of them can offer a coherent explanation of their leaders views,why is this do you Think?
Why does all gbolduev threads end up with the same crew popping up just attacking anyone who ask questions,they give no explanations for the biochemistry! This doesn’t even come into the discussion,no matter how much we interact with them.
It’s a case of let’s gamble and associate with gbolduev to appear smart and we will have amazing cures everywhere.

Further more @TubZy claims to have a full cure and remission of erectile issues etc yet they don’t want to start a forum dedicate to gbolduev,they want hike back here but why? Gbolduev is at odds with Peat,he hates him so why bother.

TubZy

Clueless yet you @TubZy have erectile dysfunction from random pill popping,the facts can be read by anyone who wants to go through your previous posts.

Wrong, clueless yet again. I think your psychiatrist needs to up your meds again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals