Gbolduev Q And A - Non Peat

RealNeat

Peter Attia has done and proved this. It's true. He did quarterly 7day fasts and said he lifts every day of the fast to maintain muscle.

He proved he wasn't going catabolic? What's the proof look like? And lean mass even if maintained can still have a lot of other non favorable conditions accompanying it. I ask because I did this, for a long time with 22 hour fasts, and its not the same, even if one lifts.

GreekDemiGod

I skimmed through this thread out of curiosity. I am not knowledgeable in human, cellular biology and how the body functions, it's not my field. When I came in contact with Peat ideas, they seemed to come from a higher level thinking VS what I knew before. But what gbol says, and don't know whether he's right or not, seems like multiple levels of thinking higher than Peat. Very high-level thinking attemps.

Indicatrice

Just adding to this. Periodic, appropriate, fasting and cyclic carbs causes me to store way more hepatic and muscle glycogen. I could not store crap on high frequency high carb feeding, I was always flat and my blood sugar would not stabilize itself.

Could you describe in detail how you went about fasting to increase glycogen storage capacity?

moringa

Is Herman, aka gbolduev still banned here? Why not allow him to explain himself... I found an interesting post of his from 2013 saying that hair mineral tests and programs are total BS and waste of time.

Hidden49

I’m enjoying reading Gbolduevs posts he has some good info and interesting takes, it’s a shame he is not on here anymore.

One thing that doesn’t make sense to me, is he promotes a diet high in seafood and not meat or eggs. Shellfish are very high in heavy metals, more so than regular fish. All fish contain a fair amount of Mercury, unless he is eating something like sardines everyday which are lowest in mercury. So it’s a toxic diet.

I guess he thinks the hormone issue he mentions about meat and dairy and the good minerals that seafood contains are more important than the issue of heavy metals in seafood and fish.

bruschi11

I’m enjoying reading Gbolduevs posts he has some good info and interesting takes, it’s a shame he is not on here anymore.

One thing that doesn’t make sense to me, is he promotes a diet high in seafood and not meat or eggs. Shellfish are very high in heavy metals, more so than regular fish. All fish contain a fair amount of Mercury, unless he is eating something like sardines everyday which are lowest in mercury. So it’s a toxic diet.

I guess he thinks the hormone issue he mentions about meat and dairy and the good minerals that seafood contains are more important than the issue of heavy metals in seafood and fish.

Funny you just posted here. This is who I mainly followed on another website for a few years. Bunch of people on this website went to his website. It went down mid 2021.

There was just too much looking for cures there. When his best, most successful things with people were not simple approaches. Zinc finger, cu ghk, electrolytes/ aminos / minerals approaches.

Most people were post Finasteride/ accutane on that forum. There was a lot of success with people who stayed persistent. Some did well with ARL / tei. Others methylation protocols helped. Liver flushes, fasting. Beneficial e. Coli in gut was big thing he brought up that i was able to see happen with myself in real life. Fixing that fixed a long term folate deficiency.

I’ve linked a lot of what he taught together.

mimipt

Forum Supporter
Rough translation below:

"...In 1L of water, add 100ml of grape vinegar (6% acetic acid concentration), 1-2 tsp concentrated sulfuric acid (98% concentration), after that 1-2 tsp concentrated hydrochloric acid (36% concentration), and finally add 4 tablets of nitroglycerin. It is of utmost importance to follow the listed order of adding the ingredients. After adding each component, thoroughly mix the liquid so that the component is well-mixed/dissolved. Suggested use is 1-2 tsp three times daily just before eating or by adding to your favorite drink (tea, coffee, compote, kefir, etc) immediately after eating. It should not be taken in between meals or when not enough food has been consumed. This is not the complete recipe, but it is completely sufficient as a home remedy to improve your health."

Hello, greeting to all!

This is my first post in this terrific forum, though I have been reading you for quite a long time, and learing from your wisdom!:):

My sincere admiration for all you "forumers", thanks for sharing your knowledge which helps a lot of people all over the globe

I would like to ask @haidut or any other, if you have any particular opinion of the theories of nutrition of BORIS BOLOTOV and his disciple, DMITRI NAUMOV. I have recently found some of their ideas (mostly in Russian in the net), and have been greatly intrigued by them

Some of them are common with Dr Peat's principles, such as

-vegetable oils are harmful (to the digestive system, in the theory of Bolotov and Naumov, which is the base of everything and the cause of health problems of diverse types)

-saturated fat is helpful and healthy, (not recommended to overdo it, either)

-salt is healthy and in fact is the cornerstone of their recommendation for good digestion

...and quite a lot of other similarities I did observe

Thanks in advance, this forum is really awsome!

ciao

Mimi

@mimipt Hello and welcome, where can I read the contents of the two names you mentioned? Thank you

mimipt

Forum Supporter
@mimipt Hello and welcome, where can I read the contents of the two names you mentioned? Thank you
Hello and thanks!:):

I will try to find some links in English to share, later or tomorrow, now I am short of time
Most of the info I found is in Russian (abundant in this language), and vary scarce in English

Just a short link, but t can hardly give a a good idea...

Particularly interesting I found the suggestions of Bolotov (and later Naumov) for healing digestion issues like indigestion, gastritis, ulcer etc
I will try to send more info on this
I posted this here because I saw that @haidut mentioned here the Bolotov balm, which is one of the recipes the man prescribed for what he recommended as a whole body rejuvenation system treatment

Last edited:
Is it possible to contact this User or has he been banned?

Hello and thanks!:):

I will try to find some links in English to share, later or tomorrow, now I am short of time
Most of the info I found is in Russian (abundant in this language), and vary scarce in English

Just a short link, but t can hardly give a a good idea...

Particularly interesting I found the suggestions of Bolotov (and later Naumov) for healing digestion issues like indigestion, gastritis, ulcer etc
I will try to send more info on this
I posted this here because I saw that @haidut mentioned here the Bolotov balm, which is one of the recipes the man prescribed for what he recommended as a whole body rejuvenation system treatment
Thanks 😊

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I don't like betaine because it is a methyl donor. The human studies showed that humans do best on no more than 2mg/kg methionine daily - i.e lose fat and buid muscle, and reverse their type II diabetes. So, with all the methyl donors we ingest every day in the form of cysteine and methionine I don't think we need more in the form of betaine. I like the acid recipe more, it is more in line with the benefit of Lewis acids on metabolism.
Also, if these methyl donors were needed to process homocysteine then how come glycine (which is a huge methyl sink/depletor) lowers homocysteine?? In fact, that study says methionine (a methyl donor) raises homocysteine.
Suppression of methionine-induced hyperhomocysteinemia by glycine and serine in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Something about that theory of needing extra methyl groups to prevent inflammation does not add up...
- The human studies showed that humans do best on no more than 2mg/kg methionine daily
So, does this mean that someone who weighs 165 lbs should have no more than 150 mg of methionine each day?
There are 300 mg of methionine in just 2 oz of beef...

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think gbolduev was banned a long time ago.

And (probably) just as importantly, is now a full-blown Peatarian, though he refuses to acknowledge it. Recommending aspirin, niacinamide, caffeine, thyroid, vitamin E/K/A/A, DHT/Anavar, aromatase inhibitors, etc on various forums for the last 2-3 years, even though he spent a lot of effort initially (when he first started posting here) bashing all of those.

Hidden49

And (probably) just as importantly, is now a full-blown Peatarian, though he refuses to acknowledge it. Recommending aspirin, niacinamide, caffeine, thyroid, vitamin E/K/A/A, DHT/Anavar, aromatase inhibitors, etc on various forums for the last 2-3 years, even though he spent a lot of effort initially (when he first started posting here) bashing all of those.
On which forum is he active? I don't believe he is recommending these things you mentioned much, he was last seen years ago on the hackstasis forum posting under the name Helen.