Gbolduev Q And A - Non Peat

Wagner83

I'm creating this thread so that when gbolduev is on once in a while those who want to can ask him questions without being off-topic. The thread will go against Peat ideas as gbolduev' ideas are more in line with Eck's work.
Hopefully we can move posts from the post finasteride thread over here .

OP
W

Wagner83

Sorry to ask @gbolduev again and I know this is mainly a PFS thread, but Im a bit confused as someone said to start with Zinc only. And ad manganese later on.

So for hair only Mn + Zn directly from the start, or start with zinc only ?

I can tell you about fasting. You get rid of all your pufas in 40 days fast. You get rid of all toxic metals, hormones, viruses, sibo,bacterias. Your digestion become better after the fast. No one is saying that it is good to be on fast and run on stress hormones. But your receptors will be reset and after you come off of the fast, all your hormones will be low. And now when you sit on your **** and over eat sugar. All your hormones are not being used and your body lowers the receptors. So your levels of cortisol are high when you eat sugar all the time. and you have to eat like 20 times a day. This is not practical.

I fast twice a year, one water fast, one breuss. After that I am all good for the whole year. I try not overeat.
Problem with people recently is that access to food is so easy and people are not mobile. They got sick since they already eat all this sugar on a daily basis. And of course they are happy when Peat tells them to also eat it. But diet does not work for them. so then they have to take hormones with it where the whole forum turned into chemical lab selling hormones and supplements.LOL Ridiculous really.

I take nothing and I am good. NOTHING

Calorie restriction increases life span. It is a fact. Since your NAD stays high since you dont produce acetaldehyde from extra sugar fermentation.
And 80 10 10 diet is horrible. Carb oriented diet will make you old and wrinkly and you will lose hair on it. Look at the 80 10 10 dieters
It needs to have a balance. I eat 30% carbs. I don't eat meat. I eat sea food ONLY. I dont eat milk, cheese. And anything with hormones.

Milk has hormones. Meat hormones. Cheese hormones and yeast. NO THANKS.

I follow more closer to okinawa diet.

And for those who tell that sea food has mercury. Bunch of Bs , my gluthatione levels are way up after sea food, and It looks like sea food chelates toxic metals, since my mercury in my hair fell on 2 years of sea food. At first it went up huge and then fell to nothing.

When you say sugar do you mean sugar from fruits and sodas or starch as well? Since you don't eat red meat and dairy how do you eat only 30% of your calories from carbs? Besides some nuts and avocadoes I don't see how you can eat fat.

Your diet sounds low in saturated fats and possibly high in PUFAs as well as MUFAs . Do you think PUFAs are an issue?

Makrosky

Always really nice to see different points of view. I hope this thread stays alive.

raypeatclips

@gbolduev When you say you follow an Okinawa type diet, what do you actually mean? Various websites say varying different things. You say you eat 30% carbs but websites say the Okinawa diet is around 80% sweet potatoes and rice and so would be high in carbs as far as I can tell and is very low fat.

Do you just eat a lot of vegetables?

OP
W

Wagner83

Not mine but off topic on the other thread:
So, what would it be an optimal way to come off after a long fasting?
How should you eat to don't let receptors to lower? Eating small and many times per day low sugar food?
I'm considering a long water fasting but I am not sure it can be optimal since my adrenals have crashed after DHEA.

Dante

When you say sugar do you mean sugar from fruits and sodas or starch as well? Since you don't eat red meat and dairy how do you eat only 30% of your calories from carbs? Besides some nuts and avocadoes I don't see how you can eat fat.

Your diet sounds low in saturated fats and possibly high in PUFAs as well as MUFAs . Do you think PUFAs are an issue?
@gbolduev When you say you follow an Okinawa type diet, what do you actually mean? Various websites say varying different things. You say you eat 30% carbs but websites say the Okinawa diet is around 80% sweet potatoes and rice and so would be high in carbs as far as I can tell and is very low fat.

He added some more later(copy pasting from the pfs thread) -----
And for those who tell that sea food has mercury. Bunch of Bs , my gluthatione levels are way up after sea food, and It looks like sea food chelates toxic metals, since my mercury in my hair fell on 2 years of sea food. At first it went up huge and then fell to nothing.

I love shrimp, crab, lobster, oysters, mussels, scallops.( amazing minerals content)and sometimes I eat pure fish but I prefer fish with little fats.

I do drink almond milk.

I love tomatos, tomatos keep me super androgenic.( contrarian endocrinology). but eat and drink tomato juice only for one week a month. Heavy heavy drinking of tomato juice.
I love apples( malic acid) and nectarines.
I like broccoli.
And I do eat RICE. rice is a good absorbent. Used in food poisoning. I love it. and it never makes me fat or dirty . I always have a light feeling.

I do have carbs and actually eat a lot of carbs from fruit , but I always regulate my carb intake. If I move a lot I eat more carbs. If I sit a lot my carb intake goes to very low.
I never want extra sugar present. since I dont want to make acetaldehyde. I want to keep my NAD levels high at all times.

OP
W

Wagner83

Thanks , I see even less how he can eat only 30% carbs and where does the fat in his diet comes from. The ideas on cycling tomatoes (lycopene?) to increase androgenicity is interesting. It seems he eats little starch besides some white rice. Almond milk does not look too bad (e.g. vit E) except PUFAs can rise quickly if one consumes a lot of it.
@Jennifer used a lot of coconut products, coconut milk/cream/water may be more interesting than almond milk and the likes.

gbolduev

I eat more veggies get my fats from sea food. I balance my carb intake with my sympathetic nervous system. If I move a lot, I eat more. If I sit around a lot I eat a lot less. this is the most important part. People with sedentary life style cant do good on sugar. Unless they use stimulants like coffee or adrenaline agonists. to actually breathe out the CO2. Thyroid supplements will make these people worse in the end , since their SODS will be down and oxidative stress will ruin their blood vessels. NOT GOOD

Sleep apnea is from sedentary life style. Body forgets how to use adrenaline. There is too much sugar in blood. Person hardly breathes during the day and does not breath during the night. Venous blood has high Co2 and high bicarbonate to compensate intracellular acidosis.

raypeatclips

I eat more veggies get my fats from sea food. I balance my carb intake with my sympathetic nervous system. If I move a lot, I eat more. If I sit around a lot I eat a lot less. this is the most important part. People with sedentary life style cant do good on sugar. Unless they use stimulants like coffee or adrenaline agonists. to actually breathe out the CO2. Thyroid supplements will make these people worse in the end , since their SODS will be down and oxidative stress will ruin their blood vessels. NOT GOOD

Sleep apnea is from sedentary life style. Body forgets how to use adrenaline. There is too much sugar in blood. Person hardly breathes during the day and does not breath during the night. Venous blood has high Co2 and high bicarbonate to compensate intracellular acidosis.

Thank you for the reply. I didn't think the seafoods you mention were particularly high in fats. Is the majority of your diet from protein?

When you talk about the issues with sugar and sedentary lifestyle, do you think this includes starches as well, or just specifically sugar?

gbolduev

Why you rarely mention vitamins A and K? Contrary to D and E.

I do liver flushes, I never experience problem with my fat digestion and fat soluble vitamins, I used to have problems, but not anymore. So I don't take any supplements. I did 80 liver flushes, and i have zero stone formation

Thank you for the reply. I didn't think the seafoods you mention were particularly high in fats. Is the majority of your diet from protein?

When you talk about the issues with sugar and sedentary lifestyle, do you think this includes starches as well, or just specifically sugar?

Any carbs or any quantity of food. If you sit you eat less. if you move you eat more.

My carb intake goes from 30 to 60% depending on the life style.If I don't move I eat less carbs. I get plenty of fats from sardines and other fish.

Since I dont eat sugar 24/7. I dont collect fats. I burn fats, so during stress my fats levels are low in blood. I think people are confused. If you eat sugar your fats and pufas just collect more and more and more.

I fast, so I don't collect pufas in my tissues. Plus I eat plenty of saturated fats and my pufa is balanced. Sardines have plenty of saturated fat

Last edited:

Waynish

@gbolduev - if this is going to be a Q&A, then the question I contribute is:
How would you summarize the largest mistakes in the recommendations and paradigms of the Peat community - or Peat's work itself?
As a close second:
How to you think of "good hormones" vs "bad hormones" reductionism in the Peat paradigm? Typically in other paradigms, obviously oversimplifications have been establish as "good macronutrients vs bad macronutrients." However, "estrogen vs progesterone" and "serotonin vs dopamine" are possibly reductionist points in the Peat paradigm.

gbolduev

@gbolduev - if this is going to be a Q&A, then the question I contribute is:
How would you summarize the largest mistakes in the recommendations and paradigms of the Peat community - or Peat's work itself?
As a close second:
How to you think of "good hormones" vs "bad hormones" reductionism in the Peat paradigm? Typically in other paradigms, obviously oversimplifications have been establish as "good macronutrients vs bad macronutrients." However, "estrogen vs progesterone" and "serotonin vs dopamine" are possibly reductionist points in the Peat paradigm.

I don't agree with Peat. I think he explains only one case of imbalances. and they are 12 and more.

I think in any kind of imbalnce you will not be healthy
As an example I had low TSH under 1, i had low PTH, I had low serotonin low estrogen. And this is when I had 2 cancers.

Any imbalance will lead a PH shift and chronic PH ***t will start using buffer systems , when you do use buffer systems you get old since you are compromising other systems in order to support proper PH.

So all this low serotonin high cortisol , take DHEA, take thyroid, take this is bogus. All people cant eat the same diet. People have different organs and lets say some people can have stronger thyroid, or another person can have stronger kidney , or adrenaline gland.

thus these people have different body chemistries and PHs. So for those people to feel the best, they need to find something that makes their system go into equilibrium.
Only in this case they will live longer. For some PUFAs create an imbalnce, for some PUFas fix the imbalance

Waynish

I don't agree with Peat. I think he explains only one case of imbalances. and they are 12 and more.

I think in any kind of imbalnce you will not be healthy
As an example I had low TSH under 1, i had low PTH, I had low serotonin low estrogen. And this is when I had 2 cancers.

Any imbalance will lead a PH shift and chronic PH ***t will start using buffer systems , when you do use buffer systems you get old since you are compromising other systems in order to support proper PH.

So all this low serotonin high cortisol , take DHEA, take thyroid, take this is bogus. All people cant eat the same diet. People have different organs and lets say some people can have stronger thyroid, or another person can have stronger kidney , or adrenaline gland.

thus these people have different body chemistries and PHs. So for those people to feel the best, they need to find something that makes their system go into equilibrium.

Sure so let's get into the definition of "imbalance" and whatnot. Are you trying to encourage not favoring objective indicators - like via blood testing? What are the 12 imbalances? Can you list some of your favorite sources for information and paradigms you consider most correct in biology and health?

Dobbler

What u think of shorter fasts like 1-3 days, in terms of muscle loss and metabolism / stress? If someone is mentally stressed are fasts not wise to do?

mangoes

@gbolduev you mentioned up there that you had low estrogen. My blood results show low E2, but my lactic acid is fine so I don't think it's all in my tissue rather than serum. What did you do to even out your estrogen? I'm male btw.

gbolduev

Sure so let's get into the definition of "imbalance" and whatnot. Are you trying to encourage not favoring objective indicators - like via blood testing? What are the 12 imbalances? Can you list some of your favorite sources for information and paradigms you consider most correct in biology and health?

Definition of the imbalance is your PH and the cause why that PH is not optimal. I think every single person needs to know their ABGs and VBGs and go from there. You can look up PH imbalances and then you can see from them what weak organs you have and support that organ with supplementation. Some people use Hairtests for that. I use hair, blood and ABGs and VBGs.

Once you test this you will understand that Peat cant' be right. Since you will have 100 people with completely different results and imbalances. One will have weak kidney , another one will have weak thyroid. etc. And to support equilibrium all of these people will need different things

Basically longevity is the matter of listening to yourself and trusting yourself. Nobody can tell you what to take or eat on forums. Most people forgot how to listen to themselves. You can learn how to get tested and see what your imbalance is.

but there are no good or bad things. There are good or bad things only for you.

Waynish

Definition of the imbalance is your PH and the cause why that PH is not optimal. I think every single person needs to know their ABGs and VBGs and go from there. You can look up PH imbalances and then you can see from them what weak organs you have and support that organ with supplementation. Some people use Hairtests for that. I use hair, blood and ABGs and VBGs.

Once you test this you will understand that Peat cant' be right. Since you will have 100 people with completely different results and imbalances. One will have weak kidney , another one will have weak thyroid. etc. And to support equilibrium all of these people will need different things

Basically longevity is the matter of listening to yourself and trusting yourself. Nobody can tell you what to take or eat on forums. Most people forgot how to listen to themselves. You can learn how to get tested and see what your imbalance is.

but there are no good or bad things. There are good or bad things only for you.

I agree on the listening part for sure - but let's unwind the subjective and objective components a bit more... We can say "there are objective pH tests for 15 different balances/imbalances in the body." From there, we must define an optimal range - for it to be a balance - in the way that various people have different ideas for the optimal range of TSH. Then, when we know the range our 15 different pH readings should be in, we can then figure out the actions to take to push each in a certain direction. Then we can realize that such a direction produces a positive experience and get in touch with our bodies again. Does this represent your belief - or what am I missing?

In terms of ABGs, do you have a list of systems besides the blood whose pHs you find highly causal? For example, we could get mouth pH, stomach pH, small intestine pH, and large intestine pH and have surprising results vs blood pH (especially if there's an imbalance or infection somewhere in the system). Then we could take herbs that push the balance of one of the 4 parts of the digestive tract back in line like TCM does (for example, to battle SIBO). In SIBO, for example, one could argue that the difference (they alternate alkaline/acidic) between each of the 4 parts of the digestive tract (mouth, stomach, small intestine, large intestine) are more significant in maintaining a parasite-free digestive tract than fast digestion (aka "fast metabolism") is...