Gbolduev Q And A - Non Peat

DaveFoster

In the PFS thread he said that he cured himself from melanoma and lymphoma.
Maybe measuring prolactin would have been more informative, as both conditions correlate with elevated levels.

Amazoniac

You have criticized many times the way people learn.
You also seem to like emergency medicine because you mentioned it some times before.

What are the alternative ways to learn this stuff then? Textbooks?
Since your book is not available yet, can you give a few examples of good ones?
@gbolduev, the learning material question is recurrent, we are curious about your background. I know part of what you know came from observations, but I'm sure you read a lot as well. So, if possible, julienne our brains with a few specific examples that you like. But if it's something you don't want to answer, just let us know so we don't bother you with same question owaa and owaa again.

http://www.isca.in/rjrs/archive/v2/iISC-2012/12.ISCA-ISC-2012-4CS-93.pdf
"Copper is a reddish brown nonferrous mineral which has been used for thousands of years by many cultures1. The name for the metal comes from Kyprios, the Ancient Greek name for Cyprus, an island which had highly productive copper mines in the Ancient world."
:ss

It makes no sense to me.Lower cortisol without thyroid? thyroid hormones requires sugar. This need for sugar will put pressure on cortisol, adrenaline and insulin.

People are confused. If you have high cortisol that means your adrenaline or insulin not working good or you already have high metabolism. Usually cortisol is high when you have problems with sympathetic nervous system . So body is using a lot of cortisol to make sugar with. Or when you have problems with a pancreas and your protein digestion is impaired.( this is very common and this is actually what causes hypothyroid) this is why I rec liver flushes.

This causes high cortisol , since cortisol is HIGH. Body stops thyroid. Since thyroid will put pressure on cortisol. adrenaline insulin. Thyroid needs sugar.

So if you have high cortisol and you take thyroid , you will just turn your t3 into a reverse t3 as much as you can. Body will fight your thyroid hormone since body thinks that if cortisol is high , you are eating yourself. So it does not want higher metabolism.

That is why thyroid hormone will work only with pregnenolone taken together in this case. Since pregnenolone will increase your cortisol.

One more time, high cortisol lowers thyroid conversions. but high t3 hormone requires more cortisol and adrenaline. I hope you understand this.

No... t4 gets converted into reverse t3 when there is very high stress or basically the liver isn't converting it.. t3 alone will lower cortisol.....yes you need sugar as well

What is the cause of the high nervous system issue? Sugar alone doesn't lower it, or else we would be good... you can see the high cortisol results on pfs website blood results...

Last edited:

Raincoast

Hi @gbolduev,

Just been wondering what purpose the resveratrol is serving in your methylation protocol, with the Thorne Extra?

Agonize estrogen?
Block 3b hsd?
Potassium channels?
Support methylation?

Thanks, loving all this insight.

R

Raincoast

My plan is to use this metyhlation protocol for only a month or so, then stop the Thorne & Resveratrol right?

I have stopped cyproheptadine, aspirin, thyroid meds, calcium sup, and bag breathing for the last week. Feeling good. Morning wood still. No hair loss, despite genetic history . Reduced ejac volume at age 43, past years of saw palmetto, propecia, and progesterone.

Have been taking the cofactors and methyl folate with resverstrol. Planning on stopping the metylation, and just using the cofactors after a month or so.

Thanks

Regina

yes. Usually these are the majority of cases of hairloss. Of course there could be exceptions. This is why I said people need to get tested to see what their imbalance is and giving advice that will fit everyone is just stupid. You cant even do this for PFS, how can you do this for a hairloss.

I don;t like Peat putting people all in one body chemistry, I don't do it and I don't believe it. I outlined some of the major cases to try. but some people could have chloride deficiency for once. magnesium for another. All these deficiencies will act the same way

Majority will be helped with zinc and manganese

Some will be helped by copper and iron.

Mineral metabolism of 19 patients with hair loss was examined. The analysis showed manganese deficiency in all 19. Eighteen patients showed considerable problems with calcium absorption, and twelve patients had problems with their zinc metabolism. Specific nutritional and mineral therapy resulted in improved hair growth after 2-3 months of treatment. [Blaurock-Busch, E. Wichtige Nahrstoffe fur Gesunde Haut und Haare, Kosmetik Internat. 3/87]
GBolduev, In the iron deficient, would you supplement iron directly? Or do you think increasing manganese would make iron more bioavailable? Thank you.

Ledo

I think he's saying the lecithin and/or salt is just for areas that have been bald for a while.

He explained that salt will damage the scalp which will help stimulate it to regrow hair, as well as being able to absorb some of the calcium and break it down. Same function as the lecithin essentially.
He said the lecithin is a fat emulsifier to break up the trombs, which he said is plugs in the scalp at the follicle of calcium mixed with fat in the blood that has been changed (oxidized?) by alkalosis state in body. Check his hair remedy analysis here back further and in the fin thread.

I had good success doing mechanical only messages this past winter along with red light by pinching and messaging the scalp and squeezing the plugs out by fingers. my hair was the thickest it had been in along time and I even had darker hairs come back in at the hair line where I lost about 3/8th inch when I started peating. I had some reversion this summer unfortunately as it looks like I have calcium problem when I get heavy summer sun. I don't supp vit D. Plugs got worse and I fell short in clearing them. Also I am concerned about causing fibrosis with the squeezing.

Maybe it follows I have alkalosis ph which would explain a lot of my current health deficiency. Yes I want to fix the PH which seems simple for him but I need to first understand where I'm at with testing then come up with a roadmap because I don't want to make a mistake.

Oh yea, the salt is meant to rub the scalp causing some inflammation and impetus for regrowth of long gone hair (according gbold). He may think the SEA salt does the cells some good

Last edited:

Djukami

thinking you are smarter than your body.
Touché.
But you have to admit that is very hard to be in touch with our own instincts nowadays... I mean, I guess doing liver flushes wasn't an instinct of yours saying to you do them. What I want to say is that the only way to know if it works to OUR case is simply through experiment. And, unfortunately, there is so much (mis)information out there.

I have two questions (I hope I am not repeating questions):

- It seems you did a lot of progress in your health doing liver flushes. How did you know you have liver / gallbladder stones? I'm asking you this because I recently did a abdominal ultrasound and they couldn't detect any stone (I thought I had). So one person could have stones in the liver in places that can't be seen?
- You seem to not mention the condition of the gut a lot (actually, you mentioned it sometimes in the past, just not here). But, overall, what do you think about how infections / dysbiosis / all sorts of pathogens can affect you (even affecting the health of other organs)?

Last edited:

tara

Body will fight your thyroid hormone since body thinks that if cortisol is high , you are eating yourself. So it does not want higher metabolism.
This makes sense to me.

No... t4 gets converted into reverse t3 when there is very high stress or basically the liver isn't converting it.. t3 alone will lower cortisol.....yes you need sugar as well
AIUI, I think you are right that it is T4 that gets converted to rT3 when the system perceives high stress. But high cortisol is an indicator of high stress, and unless something is really off, there is always endogenous T4 in the system available for this conversion. So it seems quite possible that adding supplemental T3 when cortisol is chronically high could sometimes result in more rT3.

And yes, sugar is needed to support thyroid and metabolism, but all the other cofactors are also needed, and I think gbolduev said that along with particular mineral deficiencies or imbalances, it is common to not have insulin functioning well enough to supply the sugar well where it is needed, even if the sugar is being eaten.

This makes sense to me.

AIUI, I think you are right that it is T4 that gets converted to rT3 when the system perceives high stress. But high cortisol is an indicator of high stress, and unless something is really off, there is always endogenous T4 in the system available for this conversion. So it seems quite possible that adding supplemental T3 when cortisol is chronically high could sometimes result in more rT3.

And yes, sugar is needed to support thyroid and metabolism, but all the other cofactors are also needed, and I think gbolduev said that along with particular mineral deficiencies or imbalances, it is common to not have insulin functioning well enough to supply the sugar well where it is needed, even if the sugar is being eaten.

Taking t3 in the way Ray recommends is absolutely not going to increase rt3

The entire reason he even recommends t3 is because it allows the body to burn sugar for energy instead of fat which would decrease the stress where rt3 even comes from.

Sugar and thyroid hormone (T3, triiodothyronine) correct many parts of the problem. The conversion of T4 into the active T3 requires glucose, and in diabetes, cells are deprived of glucose. ... Providing T3 and sugar tends to shift energy metabolism away from the oxidation of fats, back to the oxidation of sugar.
Glycemia, starch,

Last edited:
And 80 10 10 diet is horrible. Carb oriented diet will make you old and wrinkly and you will lose hair on it. Look at the 80 10 10 dieters

You're basing that off of two Australian vegan rednecks? That's not very conclusive. Both did extreme cardio exercise for years, one took skin chemicals for her face and the other took steroids in addition to the lack of animal protein in their diets. 801010 or something close to it's numbers in more or less, based on starch, not fruit, with some animal protein is much better. But you're making a claim based on two people. Show me the other ones.

Eating industrial bananas isn't the same as eating other tropical fruits.

Last edited:
And for those who tell that sea food has mercury. Bunch of Bs , my gluthatione levels are way up after sea food, and It looks like sea food chelates toxic metals, since my mercury in my hair fell on 2 years of sea food. At first it went up huge and then fell to nothing.

It's not just mercury. There are other metals and things called PCBs, polychlorinated biphenyls, which are highly toxic industrial compounds. You're gluthatione is up because your body is trying to protect your from all the toxins in the seafood you're eating.

"The ocean isn't such a great clean food source anymore.."-RP

tara

Taking t3 in the way Ray recommends is absolutely not going to increase rt3
Maybe depends on context?

I think Peat's recommendation might work really well sometimes - esp. when all the other resources needed to support a higher metabolism are available - eg reliable fuel supply and mineral balance, and the main thing missing is sufficient thyroid hormone.

I also think that trying to push the metabolism higher than the body thinks it has the resources to support (eg when cortisol is already high from high stress) can sometimes result in resistance (eg using the mechanism of increased rT3).

I don't have the expertise to know exactly how different levels of insulin and other factors play into this, but I can imagine that they would be relevant, and make the picture different for different people.

I'm reluctant to accept that there is any absolute regarding just one or two parameters that applies to all cases, given how complex our systems are.

Would you please describe a simple protocol to do a fast of 3 days ? I would like to try it. Why not.

It's very difficult to do that because you don't go into full ketosis in that amount of time. It takes about 3 days to get into full ketosis. People report feeling amazing on days 6-9 but the first 3 are the worst. The first 2-3 days you're just burning off glycogen. You're squeezing every last bit of stored sugar out of your muscles and liver until you go into ketosis. Once enough ketones are in the blood, hunger subsides.

Maybe depends on context?

I think Peat's recommendation might work really well sometimes - esp. when all the other resources needed to support a higher metabolism are available - eg reliable fuel supply and mineral balance, and the main thing missing is sufficient thyroid hormone.

I also think that trying to push the metabolism higher than the body thinks it has the resources to support (eg when cortisol is already high from high stress) can sometimes result in resistance (eg using the mechanism of increased rT3).

I don't have the expertise to know exactly how different levels of insulin and other factors play into this, but I can imagine that they would be relevant, and make the picture different for different people.

I'm reluctant to accept that there is any absolute regarding just one or two parameters that applies to all cases, given how complex our systems are.

Blood sugar lowers cortisol.... t3 lets you use sugar....

tara

Blood sugar lowers cortisol.... t3 lets you use sugar....
Blood sugar is one factor that can help lower cortisol, yes.
Unless you have other factors going on that interfere with that mechanism. Sometimes people can have high blood sugar and high cortisol at the same time - I suspect it's not all that unusual.

T3, along with all the other co-factors/conditions, lets you use glucose.
I do think that sometimes T3 can be the key missing factor that lets someone burn sugar. But I don't think the system is so simple, or that all the other requirements are always been so adequately met, that T3 and sugar are always the only things required or helpful. Without all the other conditions, T3 + sugar do not make energy.

I'm nowhere near enough of an expert to think I understand this fully.

tara

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals