Gbolduev Q And A - Non Peat

mattyb

Also, why in your opinion does the Buteyko methode (voluntary hypoventilation) seem to be such an effective treatment for asthma and similar conditions? And why does almost every cancer phenotype include hypocapnia and reduced oxygen use?

"It is known that the oxygen partial pressure in malignant tumors is lower than in unaffected tissue or in benign tumors [1, 2]. It is also established that the decreased partial pressure of oxygen stimulates cell proliferation [3]. The majority of researchers link tumor hypoxia to, first of all, the state of oxyhemoglobin in red blood cells. During the growth of malignant tumors, hyperventilation is developed, the partial pressure of blood carbon dioxide is lowered, and there is a shift of the curve of blood hemoglobin dissociation [4-6]. The degree of affinity of oxygen to hemoglobin decreases in accordance with tumor growth [7]. Moreover, the outer respiration function is disturbed: many patients with cancer have an increased minute ventilation which results in, on the one hand, reduced oxygen utilization, and, on the other hand, the development of hypocapnia. The reduced difference between the maximum lung ventilation and the minute ventilation increases the risk of metastasis [8]. It is also known that carbon dioxide improves tissue oxygenation, reduces lipid peroxide oxidation, and increases tissue tolerance to hypoxia [9]. Elimination of deep breathing promotes the elimination of hypocapnia [10,11]. It has been previously established that normal breathing improves the quality of life in patients with malignant tumors and increases the efficiency of special anti-cancer treatment. To normalize one’s breathing, the yoga methods of treatment have been used and their application resulted in a positive clinical effect [12, 13]. One of the preventive methods to reduce the recurrence and metastasis of breast and lung cancer is autogenic training which promotes the relaxation of skeletal muscles and breathing normalization [14]. Physical exercise is an important factor in normalizing the carbon dioxide concentration in lung alveoli in animals with experimentally induced tumors, and in patients with cancer. It can modulate the oxygenation of tumors and the parameters of metabolism and cellular immunity [15-17]."

Puschenko (2001): STUDY OF APPLICATION OF THE SHALLOW BREATHING METHOD IN A COMBINED TREATMENT OF BREAST CANCER

Cancer is unique because it has many strategies to manipulate the local extracellular pH. I think it's also very stupid to say that every cancer has these features. Different cancers vary in their pH. Some have more intracellular acidity and others are more alkaline. This will obviously determine how they manipulate their surrounding environment. Many people have studied this, and I don't have the time right now to go in depth with this. Gbolduev was right when he said this takes up too much personal time!

Ledo

Honestly your problems sound very complex and someone would need a thorough history to know how things have developed with you, the specifics of the problems, family history, etc. to come up with any kind of effective strategy. I don't want to go throwing around recommendations willy-nilly. This is the importance of working closely with someone who understands medicine/physiology. It is essential they really understand you, have given the problems a ton of thought, and are open minded to the uniqueness of your situation.
That sounds like good advice...:smileycat: thx

squanch

@mattyb could you please comment on what I said earlier about high caloric needs. Would this be correct? Or does a high resting metabolic rate not automatically mean a high resting SNS activity?
Person 1: Low caloric need means low SNS stimulation at rest -> This person can exercise to stimulate the SNS and adjust carbohydrates to their new ability to expel CO2 through exercise

Person 2: High caloric need means high SNS stimulation even at rest (for whatever reason) -> This person can't exercise much because their SNS is already highly stimulated. This means they can't increase their carbs because the body can't deal with the increased CO2?

Is this correct? What would be the recommendation for person 2 be then? Would a high SNS activity at rest expel less CO2 than a stimulation of the SNS through exercise? Otherwise the second case wouldn't really make sense to me

gbolduev

I am so glad MattyB is here. This CO2 dilemma has been killing me on 3 threads. People seem not to get it. Thanks for your help explaining it . I am getting bombarded here with questions.
Guys please take anesthesiology book. Acid base balance for emergency. Start educating yourself little by little. I am sure this will be a great benefit for you down the road.

It is all known , it is used everyday in the emergency rooms. You don't have to read studies on this. this is not a break thru.All docs should use this knowledge to help people on a daily basis .

Last edited:

Manwe

CO2 retention is not the cause of OHS, I never said that. It's like you aren't listening to what I'm saying at all. OHS is the result of other factors (anatomical and neurological), but the health problems that arise from it are due to low O2 and high CO2. We know that people with OHS are much sicker and more likely to die than obese cohorts without OHS, many studies have been done on this. Average survival time for patients that refuse treatment for OHS is as low as 50 months.

We do have a way of artificially lowering their CO2 retention, it's called a BiPap, and it conclusively decreases morbidity and mortality rates. It essentially forces air into the people, forcing them to increase ventilation rate and depth. It increases both O2 uptake and CO2 ventilation. It's been researched to death for the last 40 years. It works.

I don't think you understand the Bohr effect in it's full context. Lower pH reduces the affinity for O2 to hemoglobin. This is obvious, because CO2 produced by the cell forces hemoglobin to release O2 so the cell can use the oxygen. CO2 levels are highest at the cell where the oxygen needs to be delivered. I think you get that part of it.

But CO2 levels are lower in the lungs than compared to the tissues - in healthy people. In people with hypoventilation/hypercapnia, CO2 levels in the lungs are too high, and the decrease in pH at the lungs reduces the affinity oxygen has for hemoglobin (bohr effect, again), thereby inhibiting it's binding to hemoglobin, meaning the hemoglobin doesn't get saturated and the oxygen can't even be transferred to the tissues. This is reflected in the structure of hemoglobin, which has a higher affinity for oxygen for every oxygen molecule it's carrying (up to a maximum of 4 molecules).

Yes, it works because it temporarily corrects the anatomical problems and takes over the functions of the diaphragm by creating a pressure that makes it easier to breathe. This way you get oxygen into circulation as if you had a functioning diaphragm. Yes, this will lower the CO2 concentration in the lungs, but this is not what's alleviating the problem, and it has nothing to do with what I meant by artifically lowering CO2. It works because it brings oxygen into the body, not because it lowers CO2. Again, you say I misunderstand you and claim that you never said CO2 causes OHS. Yet you claim that CO2 in the lungs is the main problem that has to be corrected. You can't say one without the other.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Don't add complexity and make things more convoluted than they are. Firstly, you should not go by the general recommendation for Slows and Fasts. The hair analysis is specific to you and no-one else. It is your blueprint. What applies to someone else does not apply to you. So theoretical, recommendations do not apply. The amount of carbohydrates that you are able to tolerate will be determined by your hair results. The amount of carbs will change over time. The more balanced you become the more efficient you will be able to handle carbs. Generally, Slows don't need the amount of fruit that Fasts do because Fasts are low in those crucial minerals. They never save, they are the spenders. their reserves are low. While the slows are savers and tend to accumulate.

If you place Fasts on a fast, they will fare badly beccause their mineral savings acccount is most likely in the red. You don't want to push them further into debt. While the Slows can be stressed and starved because they have a healthy mineral bank balance. The are the horders, we need to get them spending as they can afford to lose calcium, copper etc to achieve balance. Fasts can't afford to spend more as they need to deposit calcium, magnesium, copper etc. to ahieve balance In-order for Fasts to replenish, they need to eat more foods to build up the bank balance and then keep it topped up. If Slows eat more they will accumulate more an become more unbalanced.

So what Gboldeav is saying; if slows eat more then, they need to spend by exercising and fasting. The Slows should be the gym rats and the Fasts should be stuffing their face. Generally, the reverse is true as Fasts have more symptathetic drive. So they over extend themselves and have never ending "to do list" and want to rule the world in one lifetime. So getting rid of these lifestyle factors will help to address the balance.

So you can't say Fasts is better than Slows - each have their problems. You don't want to be a miser nor a spendthrift. You want a good bank balance, so that when ***t happens the body has adequate reserves to deal with it.

Get the hair test done and then you will know exactly the type of diet and spccific foods need to be in your eating plan. Gboldeav can not possible answer these questions without seeing the blueprint. It is dangerous to guess and bettter to just flip a coin.

Stop searching for cookie cutter solutions!!!

Within the Fast and Slow Oxidiser, there exists 4 types. If you are Type 1 then your aim is to progress to Type 4. So Fast need to aspire to be more like Slow and Slows need to aspire to be more like Fasts.

The goal is to achieve balance between thyroid and adrenals, optimal T4, T3 and calcitonin. The four types within each oxidiser are distinguished based on these parameters. And when Gboldeav says there are 12 types, I think he is referring to 12 different patterns within those four Types.

@Gboleav. Correct me if I am wrong because you never mentioned calcitonin, so maybe you are doing it differently.

Tarmander

Don't add complexity and make things more convoluted than they are. Firstly, you should not go by the general recommendation for Slows and Fasts. The hair analysis is specific to you and no-one else. It is your blueprint. What applies to someone else does not apply to you. So theoretical, recommendations do not apply. The amount of carbohydrates that you are able to tolerate will be determined by your hair results. The amount of carbs will change over time. The more balanced you become the more efficient you will be able to handle carbs. Generally, Slows don't need the amount of fruit that Fasts do because Fasts are low in those crucial minerals. They never save, they are the spenders. their reserves are low. While the slows are savers and tend to accumulate.

If you place Fasts on a fast, they will fare badly beccause their mineral savings acccount is most likely in the red. You don't want to push them further into debt. While the Slows can be stressed and starved because they have a healthy mineral bank balance. The are the horders, we need to get them spending as they can afford to lose calcium, copper etc to achieve balance. Fasts can't afford to spend more as they need to deposit calcium, magnesium, copper etc. to ahieve balance In-order for Fasts to replenish, they need to eat more foods to build up the bank balance and then keep it topped up. If Slows eat more they will accumulate more an become more unbalanced.

So what Gboldeav is saying; if slows eat more then, they need to spend by exercising and fasting. The Slows should be the gym rats and the Fasts should be stuffing their face. Generally, the reverse is true as Fasts have more symptathetic drive. So they over extend themselves and have never ending "to do list" and want to rule the world in one lifetime. So getting rid of these lifestyle factors will help to address the balance.

So you can't say Fasts is better than Slows - each have their problems. You don't want to be a miser nor a spendthrift. You want a good bank balance, so that when ***t happens the body has adequate reserves to deal with it.

Get the hair test done and then you will know exactly the type of diet and spccific foods need to be in your eating plan. Gboldeav can not possible answer these questions without seeing the blueprint. It is dangerous to guess and bettter to just flip a coin.

Within the Fast and Slow Oxidiser, there exists 4 types. If you are Type 1 then your aim is to progress to Type 4. So Fast need to aspire to be more like Slow and Slows need to aspire to be more like Fasts.

The goal is to achieve balance between thyroid and adrenals, optimal T4, T3 and calcitonin. The four types within each oxidiser are distinguished based on these parameters. And when Gboldeav says there are 12 types, I think he is referring to 12 different patterns within those four Types.

@Gboleav. Correct me if I am wrong because you never mentioned calcitonin, so maybe you are doing it differently.

I loved this analogy!

Ella

Forum Supporter
2) Respiratory rate (the amount of breaths you take per minute) can be measured at home but many people change their breathing rate when they know it's being measured. That's why doctors often do it subtly in their heads without telling patients. Average breathing rate is in between 12-20 breaths per minute.

@mattyb, this is how I do it, but try hard not to change my breath rate :) Can it still be a useful gauge to CO2? So if breath rate is closer to 20, it means more CO2 in the cells and if below 12 less CO2 in the cells. Or is it the inverse?

I am a slow oxidiser and my breath rate is more towards the high end but deep breathes. Breathe work for me has always been important. Have done since young. Sitting for me is death. I feel better being active.

My husband on the other hand has a low breath rate and always has but breaths are deep - not shallow.

However, many elderly people are shallow breathers and have to work really hard to get them to breath deeply.

Would appreciate your comment on this.

m_arch

Good post. I have the hair test coming in the mail to me now.

Just to clarify, type 1 fast and type 1 slow are the furtherest apart from 'balanced' - where as type 4 fast and type 4 slow are almost balanced... this is what you mean?

Ella

Forum Supporter
Just to clarify, type 1 fast and type 1 slow are the furtherest apart from 'balanced' - where as type 4 fast and type 4 slow are almost balanced... this is what you mean?

Yes when you are Type 1 for both oxidisers you are the most unbalanced and once you have progressed to Type 4; Thyroid + Adenal+T3 +T4+Calcitonin are optimal.

The challenge is getting there. It sounds like a board game doesn't it.

I think what @gbolduev is saying is that Slows can get to the finish line faster by doing the 40 day fast and Fasts can get there by Peat-style eating.

The bit that I am confused is the receptor reset for progesterone, cortisol and AR.

If fasting resets receptor sensitivity in SLOWS, then what is happening with Peat-style eating in FASTS in respect to hormones and receptors?

m_arch

Yes when you are Type 1 for both oxidisers you are the most unbalanced and once you have progressed to Type 4; Thyroid + Adenal+T3 +T4+Calcitonin are optimal.

The challenge is getting there. It sounds like a board game doesn't it.

I think what @gbolduev is saying is that Slows can get to the finish line faster by doing the 40 day fast and Fasts can get there by Peat-style eating.

The bit that I am confused is the receptor reset for progesterone, cortisol and AR.

If fasting resets receptor sensitivity in SLOWS, then what is happening with Peat-style eating in FASTS in respect to hormones and receptors?
Thanks for clarifying. Thats a good question.

dibble

No offense to you personally, but this is what's stupid with this forum sometimes. Members share like one detail about their life and expect an explanation or a solution.

You are complex. Life is complex. Stop relying on one dimensional logic to try and prove a point or think about something. Living things are the most complex multidimensional things in the universe.

No offense to you personally, but the posters point was that this thread has tended towards categorising the spectrum of human health in to two main categories of which he fits into neither. Hes therefore quite correct to highlight this. Its not him thats displaying one dimensional logic.

gbolduev

Anyone else thinking Gbolduev works for a hair test company?

then I would ask you do the hairtests thru me, wouldn't I? Trust me I dont want to look at your hairtests. there is no money in it. All those practitioners I have no clue why they do it. Time spent /money received it is ridiculous in hairtesting. Practitioner spends like the whole first week answering questions and writing emails to the patient answering calls, for a margin of 30-40 dollars. Thus most of those practitioners are the real altruists. People expect them to devote themselves but for 30 dollars a week they simply can't do it.

OP
W

Wagner83

@gbolduev besides anesthesiology books, what books could you recommend us to read so that we do not rely on you?

ThePeatLife

What I have understood by all of this is that the recommendation by Broda Barnes, that we should establish an ideal heart rate and body temperature has been misunderstood as we all considered this an ideal reference range which we are forcing our bodies to attain. By forcing metabolism we override the bodies systems and basically ruin our health further. In my case I need to patch with NDT, Androsterone, Preg and DHEA just to feel half human. Without these I am basically a cold depressed zombie and what hurts is knowing I am just hurting myself more in the long term by not addressing the rate of oxidation properly. I have started road cycling again to hyperventilate and try cut down on the patches. Also starting zinc and Manganese to assist. Will provide feedback to see if I can kill the zombie and revert to full human again.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Practitioner spends like the whole first week answering questions and writing emails to the patient answering calls, for a margin of 30-40 dollars. Thus most of those practitioners are the real altruists.

So true, the only ones making the money are the labs but still running a lab is also high cost. Runing an ICP-MS/MS is not exactly cheap. The gases alone kill you. That is why I have mine sitting in storage. Breaks my heart to sell it. When I get broke enough, I will have to sell. This is why selling supplements to CONsumers is lucrative.

We don't do it because we are ultruists. We have a vested interest in a healthy population. Too many unhealthy and derilect people in this world or has nobody noticed.

I want my children to breed with healthy partners so I can have healthy grandchildren and great grandchildren. This is where my wealth is invested in. Too many people breeding and producing weak useless eaters. The future looks extremely bleak. My children are not even married and are saying to me "mum the world's ****88. I am going to have to home-school my kids to protect them from this psychopathic world" They don't even have kids and worrying about them.

@gbolduev I am a Fast 3 not a Slow (I always think I am opposite), so good thing this post prompted me to check. So relieved fasting is ruled out for me. I know this because it is how I got into trouble in the first place- skipping meals and being too busy. Ran myself too low until my body just broke. Had no choice but to stop.

Happy again that I can look forward to my ice-cream come summer.

So, this is what I am trying to understand. On hair potassium I am trending into high territory and my sodium is extremely low. Which points to higher cortisol and lower adrenaline, thus higher progesterone but perhaps lower estrogen.

Estrogen is required to maintain progesterone receptors so i may have a shortage of progesterone receptors and excess progesterone hormone. In respect to estrogen if estrogen hormone is low, then estrogn receptors will be high not only from low estrogen hormone but also from high progesterone as pg maintains estrogen receptors.

So instead of aggressively targeting the reduction of estrogen I should be trying to increase estrogen to facilitate more progesterone receptors.

However, when I test intracellularly potassium and sodium are both good.

So, in respect to hormone receptors. How do I know whether the ratio of my receptors to hormone is optimal if I continue to eat Peat-Style.

How accurate are the hair levels in extrapolating to intracellular levels.

You said you need to measure ECF to ICF. Extracellular to intracellular fraction of potassium. How are you doing this?

Sorry for so many questions. Your answers are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ella

Forum Supporter
@mattyb, this is how I do it, but try hard not to change my breath rate :) Can it still be a useful gauge to CO2? So if breath rate is closer to 20, it means more CO2 in the cells and if below 12 less CO2 in the cells. Or is it the inverse?

I am a slow oxidiser and my breath rate is more towards the high end but deep breathes. Breathe work for me has always been important. Have done since young. Sitting for me is death. I feel better being active.

My husband on the other hand has a low breath rate and always has but breaths are deep - not shallow.

However, many elderly people are shallow breathers and have to work really hard to get them to breath deeply.

Would appreciate your comment on this.

@mattyb. Sorry I meant to say I am a FAST oxidiser.

Xisca

What I have understood by all of this is that the recommendation by Broda Barnes, that we should establish an ideal heart rate and body temperature has been misunderstood as we all considered this an ideal reference range which we are forcing our bodies to attain. By forcing metabolism we override the bodies systems and basically ruin our health further.
That is so true!
Beware how school has formed us into thinking there is an absolute number for everything, or at least an absolute range.
We cannot force the body but help it. It is run by the ANS, autonomic nervous system, and we cannot go out of its possibilities. When you force sth, the alarm bell rings and counter-react.
We want to do the right thing to support the system to do it by itself.
Appart from anesthesia reading for CO2, we need to know also more about the ANS.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals