Gastritis

OP
S

stsfut

It actually ended for me a couple days after posting this. I got some high-end probiotics and all pain/nausea went away a couple days later. Not sure if that was a direct cure for it or if time just healed whatever was going on. Wasn't fun for sure though. Thanks for the suggestion!

Rickyman

+1

I had a bunch of nasty digestive issues that all cleared up once I started eating over 3000 calories per day including a significant amount of sat fat. This is after trying about a dozen other Peaty sups discussed here.

Also, the cooked Potato juice (or a full-range of BCAAs) really helped, but the extra calories were needed to completely abolish it.

Finally, Peat suggests zero starch for those with serious digestive issues.

Zero starch? So how the neck does anyone reach 2000 plus calories without eating nutrient dense foods?

theLaw

Zero starch? So how the neck does anyone reach 2000 plus calories without eating nutrient dense foods?

This was my exact thought when I started my all-in re-feed.

But after a month, I had some really nasty bacteria that pushed me toward zero-starch, and I realized that it's actually not that difficult.

All of the sudden, you see that whole milk, juices, ice cream, eggs, and gelatin (homemade jello) can get you into the 3000+ range really quick.

The key is to use something to clear up gut bacteria while also cleaning out your liver (caffeine/taurine/K/etc).

Also, salt was a game-changer for me (no less than 1Tbsp per day now).

Rickyman

Interesting, so replace starch with simple sugars? I'm going to try this. Not sure I'm able to handle milk yet.

Lewistx

Famotidine (Pepcid) is an H2 antihistamine indicated for gastritis, heartburn, etc. It will clear out h. pylori, increase endothelial turnover (opposite of aspirin) and help with liver glycogen. It seems to a much better drug option compared with PPIs which can royally screw you up. The only downside is the lower stomach acid which seems to be the main selling point but can interfere with digestion. Take it an hour or two past your last meal of the day to mitigate to lower acid since you won’t need it again until breakfast.

And activated charcoal works very well for diarrhea as well as general intestinal and mental health (as if there is a difference).
I have severe hpylori for 1 year now first course of abx didn't fix it Candida white tongue and ringworm manifested athletes foot as well

khan

This was my exact thought when I started my all-in re-feed.

But after a month, I had some really nasty bacteria that pushed me toward zero-starch, and I realized that it's actually not that difficult.

All of the sudden, you see that whole milk, juices, ice cream, eggs, and gelatin (homemade jello) can get you into the 3000+ range really quick.

The key is to use something to clear up gut bacteria while also cleaning out your liver (caffeine/taurine/K/etc).

Also, salt was a game-changer for me (no less than 1Tbsp per day now).
I know this thread is from last year. I think in the context of gastritis this advice is not good. All above give foods needs acid for digestion. More acid will further exacerbate gastritis.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals