Gastritis: A Case For Glutamine?

Fexxx

Hy dear Members,

I tried everything under the sun to get my chronic gastritis under control.
Finally I gave Glutamine a chance and it worked! I started small but increased to 40-50g a day without any sideeffects. What do you think, is it worth to take it for a few weeks and (hopefully) get rid of the stomach inflammation?

And yes I tried every other forum tipp before :)

Last edited:

xetawaves

I'm gonna have to give this a try. I've had gastritis for years and can't find anything to fix it. Glutamine is safe and "Peaty" right?

OP
F

Fexxx

Unfortunately Peat and the Community don't like Glutamine. Most concerns are regarding Cancer-Promoting and Glutamate Conversion.
It's a Tradeoff.

I healed my gastritis with thiamine, sucrose and cyproheptadine.

Jennifer

Hy dear Members,

I tried everything under the sun to get my chronic gastritis under control.
Finally I gave Glutamine a chance and it worked! I started small but increased to 40-50g a day without any sideeffects. What do you think, is it worth to take it for a few weeks and (hopefully) get rid of the stomach inflammation?

And yes I tried every other forum tipp before :)
Have you tried goldenseal? I tried Glutagenics by Metagenics for gastritis, but goldenseal is what did the trick for me. It was years ago but if I remember correctly, the burning in my gut was gone within a day or two of taking it. It's a natural antibiotic that's known to target h. pylori, a common cause of gastritis, and the liver — another common cause of gastritis is poor liver function and goldenseal contains berberine which is said to aid the liver. If you're looking to try it, swansonvitamins.com and pipingrock.com have their own line of herbs for a good price. I used an alcohol-free (glycerite) tincture.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:happy:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Mind sharing your doses of thiamine and cyproheptadine?
I used 100 mg of thiamine per day in one dose, and for cyproheptadine, the dosage was pretty high: 12 mg per day in 3 equal doses. I still take this amount if thiamine nowadays, but I dropped the cypro. My stomach is still good.

D

danishispsychic

I healed my gastritis ( had it allll last year ) by putting LOTS of cream and sugar in my coffee, drinking whole milk, and no citrus. I love citrus but after several Master Cleanses, putting lemon in my water , and orange juice, my stomach always hurt.. Also , I stopped all . ACV too. No gastritis.

Inaut

I second zinc carnosine, antibacterial/antiviral herbs like pau d’arco, slippery elm bark (or other mucilaginous(did I just make up a word??) herbs)), gelatin, and limonene worked for me. I’d think activated charcoal might help too as it passes through

accelerator

I used 100 mg of thiamine per day in one dose, and for cyproheptadine, the dosage was pretty high: 12 mg per day in 3 equal doses. I still take this amount if thiamine nowadays, but I dropped the cypro. My stomach is still good.

How long did you take the 12mg for? Any side-effects?

xetawaves

I’ve had chronic gastritis for years. I just recently found out that I have intestinal metaplasia in the antrum which carries a small risk of gastric cancer in the future. Does anyone else have this or know how to reverse it?

How long did you take the 12mg for? Any side-effects?
I took that much for about 5 or 6 months. After that, I dropped down to just 4mg. It did cause weight gain. I think that's the only side- effect really. The excipients in the pills were a bit of an issue though. I don't react well to many excipients. They give me a bit of acne sometimes.

accelerator

I took that much for about 5 or 6 months. After that, I dropped down to just 4mg. It did cause weight gain. I think that's the only side- effect really. The excipients in the pills were a bit of an issue though. I don't react well to many excipients. They give me a bit of acne sometimes.

Did you eat more on it, or did you gain weight even without more calories? And how much did you gain?

OP
F

Fexxx

Finally I solved my Gastritis with Iberogast, Licorice and Chamilla Tea and a little bit fasting here and there. So no rocketscience or prescription drugs were needed.

Did you eat more on it, or did you gain weight even without more calories? And how much did you gain?
I don't think I was eating that much more while I was using cyproheptadine. It lowers a bunch of stress hormones, so it makes you burn less fat. I'm pretty sure I would have gained weight even without overeating though, given some reports of people on the forum using it.

I gained a ton of weight. About 12 kilos. I stopped using cypro a month or two ago, and I've already lost 3 kilos without restricting calories. In hindsight, I think using it for just 4 or 5 months would have been enough to reverse gut inflammation, as well as heal the lack of strength and muscle that I suffered from before using it.

khan

Have you tried goldenseal? I tried Glutagenics by Metagenics for gastritis, but goldenseal is what did the trick for me. It was years ago but if I remember correctly, the burning in my gut was gone within a day or two of taking it. It's a natural antibiotic that's known to target h. pylori, a common cause of gastritis, and the liver — another common cause of gastritis is poor liver function and goldenseal contains berberine which is said to aid the liver. If you're looking to try it, swansonvitamins.com and pipingrock.com have their own line of herbs for a good price. I used an alcohol-free (glycerite) tincture.
I have gastritis and PPI for 6 weeks suggested by doctor has made it worse. I'm desperate to heal it. I took antibiotics for hpylori eradication and i don't have that infection anymore but gastritis is still there. Should i concentrate on liver function by taking liver related herbs or something else? How about limonene?

Jennifer

I have gastritis and PPI for 6 weeks suggested by doctor has made it worse. I'm desperate to heal it. I took antibiotics for hpylori eradication and i don't have that infection anymore but gastritis is still there. Should i concentrate on liver function by taking liver related herbs or something else? How about limonene?

Now that the infection is gone, have you tried gut healing foods like gelatinous broths or possibly even goat’s milk? I found both to be really soothing to my intestines after I cleared the SIBO that caused my gastritis. I also found marshmallow root and George’s Always Active aloe vera juice to be soothing. I’ve never used limonene so I can’t comment on it, but I see it worked for @Inaut.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals