Gas And Bloating. From Eggs

mogwog

I would wager a guess that most everyone heard of or (knows someone who) has had experience with the "eggs farts". :sweatsmile: I changed my diet recently to include more eggs (2 a day) and also increased my cheese, magnesium, vitamin e, thiamine and niacin supplementation at the same time.

When I started noticing the bloating, I gradually removed all the added cheese and supplements and found the culprit to be eggs. I am guessing this is due to their sulfur content. But not every one reacts to eggs/sulfur this way. Any one has a thought on what could be going on and what I could look into to help me understand this reaction?

RWilly

Could be SIBO (Small intestinal bacteria overgrowth) with sulfur producing bacteria.

Eat yolks only.

"Egg farts" and other side effects are caused by whites in my experience. Yolks are fine in any amount. Not that I promote binging on yolks.

AnoushF

I'm curious about this. I have been having a lot of gas recently, and it smells like sulfur even though I have been avoiding eggs to prevent this. I can't seem to digest eggs in any form, raw yolk, soft boiled, hard boiled, even baked into something else like bread or ice cream. So it could be an overpopulation of a sulfur producing bacteria in the gut?

gaze

I'm curious about this. I have been having a lot of gas recently, and it smells like sulfur even though I have been avoiding eggs to prevent this. I can't seem to digest eggs in any form, raw yolk, soft boiled, hard boiled, even baked into something else like bread or ice cream. So it could be an overpopulation of a sulfur producing bacteria in the gut?
sounds reasonable. Some people say vaccines cause egg intolerance, not sure how true that is though.

on a different note, I find it interesting that most of my bodybuilding friends says eggs/whey are the most gas promoting foods, even more so than fiber. I wonder why ray doesn't talk about protein farts as much as he does fiber farts/fermentation.

geraldxy

Add my 2 Cents: As i was very low-carbing i ate daily 2-3eggs, sometimes i made egg-pancake of 12 eggs at a time. I had absolutely no gas or bloating from eggs, never in this times. From no animal protein i had gas. IMHO it's bacteria who get's some egg-proteins and produces this gas because since i'm high-carbing again i sometimes get this gas also.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals