Ganglion Cysts

Prosper

Does anyone have a permanent cure for these? I keep getting these just by doing ordinary things with my hands. Guitar and piano are the worst offenders, no matter how much I focus on anatomically correct ways of playing.

anglion-cysts-boston-massage.jpg

dfspcc20

I had one in pretty much the exact spot as in that picture. It went away on its own and never came back. I think it went away shortly after I started supplementing magnesium. This was >10 years ago (before I read anything from Peat), so I'm a little hazy on all the details.

L

lollipop

I have helped clients get rid of them using yoga and finger exercises that worked the metacarpals (wrist bones).

OP
Prosper

Prosper

I have helped clients get rid of them using yoga and finger exercises that worked the metacarpals (wrist bones).
That is exactly the kind of solution I'm looking for. There must be something I'm doing wrong anatomically, similar to how collapsed body posture can result in back and knee injuries. Are there any specific stretches or other exercises you've found particularly useful?

L

lollipop

That is exactly the kind of solution I'm looking for. There must be something I'm doing wrong anatomically, similar to how collapsed body posture can result in back and knee injuries. Are there any specific stretches or other exercises you've found particularly useful?
Doing downward dog with hands shoulder width apart and fingers spread AS FAR apart as possible with thumbs facing each other. That will get the wrist engaged :):

Also Tibetan Finger rolls. Do 100 times each exercise.

*This video shows one of them. HOWEVER he makes two mistakes:

1) notice how he keeps his hands together AND 2) notice how his wrists roll all over the place.

The hands should be shoulder width apart, palms facing upwards with elbows pressing into torso to stabilize the elbows and the wrists and force the fingers to roll NOT the wrists. This causes a deep joint healing.

*Second finger exercise:

1) Make a fist and place your thumb on top of the little finger nail.
2) Like above: The hands should be shoulder width apart, palms facing upwards, with elbows pressing into torso to stabilize the elbows and the wrists and force the fingers to roll NOT the wrists. This causes a deep joint healing.
3) with the thumb pressing the nail firmly, pop the little finger free then the ring finger, then the middle finger and then the index finger.
4) Like in the exercise above, roll the fingers back into a fist if going slowly and start again. If you begin to get a fast Rhythm and roll quickly, just bring back to a fist and start again. Actually it seems clumsy explaining but will make sense in action :):
5) Go slowly at first, one finger at a time to get familiar with movement and over time you can gradually increase the speed to a roll.

P.S. These finger rolls are also good for anyone with carpal tunnel syndrome.

dannibo

I had one in pretty much the exact spot as in that picture. It went away on its own and never came back. I think it went away shortly after I started supplementing magnesium. This was >10 years ago (before I read anything from Peat), so I'm a little hazy on all the details.
One thing that can help you is MSM (sulphur) as it targets joints and helps rebuild tissue. There are no side effects and you can't take too much. I can now bend my knees without it hurting and I'm a lot more flexible with no more swelling. I play guitar so I know the frustration you have. and I still take it every day and if it's any help I also use DMSO which relieves the pain and inflammation.

Juniperus

Just wanted to say that i tried the exercises and it worked splendid. The ganglion cyst I had on the back of my left hand disappered within 30 minutes. The one I have on the inside of my right wrist is a little more persistant. It has shrunken after 1 day or exercises but is still there.

Thanks for the advice.

RobertJM

Wow this has just reminded me to check mine. I had it on the inside of my finger. I didn’t even notice that it had disappeared. So looks like I don’t have one anymore. I am still very confused how I got it in the first place. It just appeared.

Extremely exciting news for me anyway.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals