Gall Bladder Removal?

kyle

Asking this for someone else -

She was admitted to the hospital for stomach pain and doctor recommended having gallbladder removed. She's currently avoiding fats.

Is there a better alternative to this?

What causes this issue?

How can it be treated?

marcar72

Well looking at the related topics at the bottem of this post I found this one:

https://raypeatforum.com/community/...leads-to-serious-gall-bladder-problems.14480/

So I don't know for sure, but maybe adding some saturated fat to the diet to get the gall bladder juices flowing. Maybe some sort of detox protocol beforehand to break down any stones that might have built up in her gall bladder. I think my gall bladder has acted up a time or two in the past but seems to be fine here lately. I wouldn't just say "OK, take it out" but that's up to her to decide.

michael94

Same thing happened to my Father. I convinced him to not do it and he still has his gallbladder doing fine 6 months later. The particular surgeon at this hospital had a reputation for yanking out gallbladders any time someone came in with pain ( these surgeries are not cheap either ). If any emergency pain episode comes up again she can try taking a tbsp of epsom salts on her way to the ER if a hospital trip is necessary. This might relax the cystic duct enough to get rid of the pain. Coke might also help in a pinch because of the phosphoric acid and caffeine. Depends what she is feeling.

CLASH

I wouldnt recommend it. I had mine out at 18, I am a male. My digestion has been spotty ever since. I believe its caused by a bacterial dysbiosis and/or issues with the liver involving either plant toxins or endotoxin. From what i've read klebsiella is often involved in gallbladder issues. Klebsiella preferentially feeds on starch. I would avoid starches/grains and I would avoid most vegetables with the exception of the carrot. I don't think its related to fat intake, especially if the fat intake is saturated. She should do better if she changes up her diet for some time:
-grass fed ruminant meats/ organs (lamb, goat, beef)
-seafood/ shellfish (shrimp, cod, flounder, sole, oysters, mussels, scallops, clams)
-FRESH fruit juices no pulp (i would go with orange. Apple and grape can cause digestive issues due to sorbitol and fructose respectively)
-raw honey (light colored is less allergenic in my experience)
-raw A2 dairy, or raw goat milk (if you cant get these it may be best to omit them or try A2 milk from the store. Goat milk has done wonders for me, also raw goat kefir from a grain based culture has helped significantly)
-raw carrot
-grass fed butter
-grass fed beef tallow (u.s. Wellness meats sells this)
-refined coconut oil but make sure it doesn't bother her gut situation, its usually pretty strong in my experience.

* I would avoid all other foods. The goal is to only have milk reach the colon and maybe the carrot. All other foods listed are absorbed higher up in the gi tract. This is to change the bacterial population and remove the dysbiotic bacteria while strengthing the body and rebuilding the liver. The thing that shapes the colonic flora of all hunans at birth is milk, so the point is to rebuild the gi tract in a similar fashion to the birth situation with milk. It has to be raw because pasteurization destroys these specific properties of milk. You can search my name to see more about this. A2 is better because it lacks certain inflammatory factors. The carrot is only there in case she gets constipated as milk can do this. Its not required.

Stool testing would help to see what her dysbiosis is:
-Doctors data parasitology x3 (it looks at bacteria, fungi and parasites as well as inflammatory markers in the colon)

Fat solubles, especially vit d and vit k would probably help a ton for immune function and liver health respectively. Try to get vit d to 40-50 ng/ml 25-OH-D.
I would apply vit d topically at maybe 2000iu depending on her blood levels (sunshine would be most ideal). Vit k can be 1mg under the tongue with a fatty meal. The vit d and k i would use would be from health natura. Vit A will also help immune function as it works together with vit D. I would get it from liver weekly. Supplements, except estroban from haidut, always made me feel unwell, even topically. Vit E from haiduts idealabs can also help. B vitanins could help as well. I'd use energin from idealabs. Magnesium oil applied topically to the skin can also help. I use ancient minerals mag chloride spray. Vit C could also help, nutrabio is a good source. The only things I would take internally are vit c and vit k. If vit k bothers her she can put it on her wrists maybe 2mg worth and rub it in. Generally when I use vit K internally I use it under the tongue after a fatty meal, I tend not to swallow it. Vitamins internally can serve as signaling molecules for bacteria in the gut and they can also contain contaminants as Peat discusses, hence why I recommend everything topically and specific brands.

To put things in perspectice I recently solved my gut issues using this exact plan. I also have a before stool test and an after stool test as well as lab work supporting this. Prior to doing this I was +4 (abundant growth) of klebsiella. Now I have no growth at all. I didnt tale any antibiotic herbs or supps during this time besides the vitamins I discussed above.

I really would advise not going under the knife and having any organ removed. I think there is a slim chance where it is ever beneficial and in most cases detrimenral. Also I think most doctors only have monetary reasons behind routine organ removal, especially for galbbladders.

Give everything about a month and see how she feels after.

Hope this helps,
CLASH

Last edited:
OP
K

kyle

So I think the doctor recommended to avoid all fats but really butter/coconut oil/beef fat will digest fine? Dairy should be fine but if I recall correctly, the doctor said not to eat milk.

@michael94
Where is the epsom salts remedy from? Any further information on this? Did your father make dietary changes? What do you think brought on the issue?

@CLASH Do you suppose getting antibiotics might be a short term way to get her back on her feet? She doesn't have access to quality food right now.

CLASH

The antibiotics may help but I have found in my experience that they can make things much worse in the long run. Get a stool test first befor going the antibiotic route to see what your working with. Does she have stones? Or is it just an inflammation? If she has stones, depending on the type vit C can help to prevent the formation and bile acid supplements can help to dissolve the stones present. However these therapies may take some time.

Vitamin C supplement use may protect against gallstones: an observational study on a randomly selected population

Medical dissolution of gallstones by oral bile acid therapy. - PubMed - NCBI

In the meantime she shoulf really avoid starches and polyunsaturated fats. If she doesnt have access to good food I would stick with fruit juice, red meat and fish based meals with some veggies like carrot and maybe lettuce or some spinach (id stay away from cruciferoud veggies). I think fats should be ok. Doctors say to avoid because the fats stimulate gallbladder contraction and that can initiate pain if there is a large stone or inflammation but I dont think the fats are actually causing the issue. Again I think it is a dysbiosis and/or liver issues. If she really wants to make a change without surgery it will take some time and a dietary/ lifestyle adjustment. Theres no immediate solution as far as i know besides maybe aspirin for pain relief. I would say that holding out and trying to adjust things via lifestyle is better than going under the knife and well worth the effort. Many people still have pain after the surgery, some develop bile acid diarrhea and others get ibs type symptoms. Bile acids play a key role in digestion of not just fats but sugars and proteins. They also have a hormonal effect and they sterilize the small intestine. The gallbladder isnt a vestigal organ as doctors will have u believe, I learned this the hard way. I wouldnt want your friend to have the same experience. Its been 4 years reseaeching only now to resolve my gut issues after the surgery using strict diet and supplements.