Gadonlinium Toxicity/Poisoning, what are the options?

KCM

So earlier this year I had a small bowel MRI for a condition I was (and believe still am) suffering from. Well back then I was in a much worse state physically and as a result, was very desperate to just get any answers I could. Usually I do research on any testing before going through with whatever it is but this time however, I forgot. Of course now that it's over and done with after researching some of my symptoms (mainly mild headaches, full body muscle twitching at random, cold body temperatures) It seems possible that I have gadolinium toxicity or at least intolerance to the amount still left in my system. I had one dose of 15ml of Dotarem. Some people link MTFHR issues with worse outlook on Gadolinium exposure. I have poor methylation (homozygous) for MTHFR and I am aware it's a copper dependent enzyme so have been focusing on lowering my iron status (mild iron overload) with therapeutic phlebotomy and intake of copper rich foods.

Problem with this is unlike mercury, lead, aluminium etc there doesn't seem to be any solid options for detoxification. Only things I can think of are Sauna therapy, Ozone therapy and the detoxification method those who are definitely suffering from poisoning get called DPTA (Pentetic acid) which in itself can cause problems since it will be moving the Gadolinium and possibly depositing it elsewhere. Same goes for any supplements one can take at home. I've also read in the support group on Facebook that it can cause or worsen conditions like SIBO which is what I was originally worried about, not small bowel cancer (which is why I'm even angrier at this, apparently contrast is only needed for suspected cancer) and I am 27 with a very low likelihood of having cancer.

Good news is Gadolinium gets used millions of times per year and seemingly doesn't cause issues with people but the problem here is science is actually behind when it comes to stuff like this. It can be very hard to find the connecting dots that take place from being damaged by different medical or otherwise compounds. Millions suffer from Fibromyalgia and perhaps in 10% or more, the root cause could be tied back to Gadolinium. Most people won't draw the connection though which is why modern "science" is so terrible - it actually fails to do its job correctly. Too many variables for science to handle.

My only plan for now is to get my urine tested for it but I've read that with Dotarem (the type I had) it can show up very low on the urine sample when you're 2months + out (I am 5-6) so the only real way to check it is to get chelation therapy and then do the test - the body pulls the compound from wherever it's stored and then of course the excretion amount rises. I'm not even sure if I have Gadolinium poisoning but I do have some of the symptoms.

These are -

Shortness of breath (which is also tied to GI issues like SIBO due to the excessive gas pushing on diaphragm and pressurising chest)
Heartburn/Esophagus irration/discomfort

^ These two somewhat synergise too since when you belch, you open the LES (lower esophageal sphincter) which risks acid spitting up and inflaming the esophagus. This then can cause perceived shortness of breath.

The main Gadolinium poisoning symptoms I have are below

Muscle twitching
Mild headaches that never used to occur
Low body temperature (which can be tied to low metabolic rate but of course it's hard to say which is causing this)

Any help is greatly appreciated. And to anyone thinking about getting contrast, say you're allergic and ask for saline instead if it's possible (I have read that this is only 15% less visible) a well trained radiologist should be able to read a clean MRI just fine without it. I'm so angry at the medical system.

cedric

Gluconic acid/gluconate
" Gluconic acid occurs naturally in fruit, honey, and wine. As a food additive (E574[9]), it is now known as an acidity regulator.
The gluconate anion chelates Ca2+, Fe2+, Al3+, and other metals, including lanthanides and actinide"
" CHELATING AGENTS AND THE GADOLINIUM (the fourth discovery)"

Dave Clark

There are people talking about using NBMI to detox gadoliniium on FB groups. Dr. Haley mentioned some success with that as well regarding gadolinium.

OP
K

KCM

If my symptoms mentioned above are really just coming from SIBO/Dysbiosis which has given me some mineral deficiencies due to the ongoing nature of the condition (which can explain all of the symptoms) is it worth pursuing detoxification of gadolinium? I feel slightly paranoid about the long term effects even if I'm untouched for now. I really don't like the fact I had headaches afterwards. Nothing else from what I can remember (and despite the stressful year I'd imagine I would remember anything extremely out of the ordinary)