GABA Rice? Anyone Tried It?

OP
SOMO

SOMO

Hazarlar

I tried it twice and got very sleepy in the middle of the day.

I soaked organic brown rice in water for 48 hours. Changing water sometimes. You must see the small white sprouts coming out from the seed. Then its time to cook it. Real brown rice smells horrible ... so add a lot of curry spice.

Frankdee20

How is this different than taking isolated GABA ? Even so, it’s not supposed to cross the BBB ?

Frankdee20

I think a serving only has like ten mg of GABA.

johnsmith

How is this different than taking isolated GABA ? Even so, it’s not supposed to cross the BBB ?
800 mg of GABA powder definitely had an effect on me. It made me tired, relaxed, and I had a cessation of racing thoughts. So does that really mean I have a leaky blood brain barrier? I heard Chris Masterjohn recommend GABA supplementation for glutamate dominance without even mentioning that its not supposed to cross the blood brain barrier.

Last edited:
OP
SOMO

SOMO

I tried this rice in case anyone is interested. Noticed no difference between this and white rice in terms of cerebral benefits, and noticed no difference in digestion.

The sprouting process:
-PUFAs are consumed in the brown rice grain for energy
-STARCHES broken down into monosaccharides (starch becomes sugar.) Supposedly the amount of soluble fiber (the kind of fiber in green leafy vegetables) also goes up.
-Protein content goes up

GABA/Sprouted Rice is a good middle ground between PUFA-laden brown rice and nutritionally devoid white rice.

Sprouting your own brown rice is obviously cheaper than buying it pre-sprouted and I imagine fresher.

I eat rice several times a week and prefer the taste of brown rice to white rice, so I will likely be repurchasing this product from time to time or sprouting my own rice.

Sprouted Rice is RP approved.

If you're excluding rice from your diet, you're missing out on a healthy and versatile food. Even white rice absorbs flavors better than pretty much any other grain. More of the world consumes and does well on rice than does not.

OP
SOMO

SOMO

I think a serving only has like ten mg of GABA.

This just makes me think that supplements that have like 500mg - 1000mg of GABA are not physiological.
800 mg of GABA powder definitely had an effect on me. It made me tired, relaxed, and I had a cessation of racing thoughts. So does that really mean I have a leaky blood brain barrier? I heard Chris Masterjohn recommend GABA supplementation for glutamate dominance without even mentioning that its not supposed to cross the blood brain barrier.

Amphetamine has same effects as Methamphetamine, but Meth supposedly crosses the blood brain barrier while amphetamine does not.
Still, nobody would ever claim that amphetamine, because it doesn't cross BBB, has no cerebral/psychotropic effect or that it's effect is limited to the GI tract. Also high doses of amphetamine are also neurotoxic, like meth, even though one crosses the BBB.
I'm pretty sure GABA in the intestinal tract can affect GABA in the brain without crossing BBB.

I don't think that you have a "leaky" BBB just because you feel cerebral effects from GABA lol.

Frankdee20

This just makes me think that supplements that have like 500mg - 1000mg of GABA are not physiological.

Amphetamine has same effects as Methamphetamine, but Meth supposedly crosses the blood brain barrier while amphetamine does not.
Still, nobody would ever claim that amphetamine, because it doesn't cross BBB, has no cerebral/psychotropic effect or that it's effect is limited to the GI tract. Also high doses of amphetamine are also neurotoxic, like meth, even though one crosses the BBB.
I'm pretty sure GABA in the intestinal tract can affect GABA in the brain without crossing BBB.

I don't think that you have a "leaky" BBB just because you feel cerebral effects from GABA lol.

I think the addition of a methyl group makes it last longer in the brain, amphetamine molecule resembles norepinephrine. Trust me, it gets in lol

Frankdee20

You mentioned GABA in the gut, perhaps there’s receptors there too, or the gut can relay messages to the brain.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals