Fungal Skin Infection Recommendations

NextLevel_

I‘ve been to the doctor last Friday who diagnosed me with tinea (fungal skin infection), which was probably transmitted from the house dog, and prescribed some ciclopirox olamine cream and shampoo (for scalp wash) and also prednicarbat (cortisone cream).
I am applying both on affected areas now.
Been already trying with several „natural“ treatments like aloe, tea tree, oregano etc. with some success, but not full treatment. After it got a little worse, I decided to visit the doc. The dog is being treated as well.
Do you guys have any tips on how to speed up healing process and any recommendations on what to take internally. I am already taking aspirin, but I think I would need much higher therapeutic dosage (couple of grams?) daily for a couple of days. Thanks.

Coconut oil would be my suggestion.

Attachments

• 20210627_082513.jpg
    20210627_082513.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 76
OP
N

NextLevel_

Where did tinea manifest? Where on the body?
Forearm one spot,

neck both sides and scalp. Not a dramatic infection but want to get rid of it.

sunlight & air seem to help, also starting to take oil of oregano capsules with meals and experimenting with red light on spots.

Ulla

I would try locally with black seed cumin oil, maybe? Terbinafine cream could also be effective (I know, this is not natural).

sweetpeat

I‘ve been to the doctor last Friday who diagnosed me with tinea (fungal skin infection), which was probably transmitted from the house dog, and prescribed some ciclopirox olamine cream and shampoo (for scalp wash) and also prednicarbat (cortisone cream).
I am applying both on affected areas now.
Been already trying with several „natural“ treatments like aloe, tea tree, oregano etc. with some success, but not full treatment. After it got a little worse, I decided to visit the doc. The dog is being treated as well.
Do you guys have any tips on how to speed up healing process and any recommendations on what to take internally. I am already taking aspirin, but I think I would need much higher therapeutic dosage (couple of grams?) daily for a couple of days. Thanks.
There's been discussion in the forum about lidocaine being anti-fungal

B

Braveheart

inexpensive 70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol....stings and burns at first

akgrrrl

inexpensive 70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol....stings and burns at first
That was my first thought too. Dry it up, kill it. And if you have therapeutic grade oregano, dilute and apply if you dont mind smelling like a pizza for a day.

OP
N

NextLevel_

I am continuing with the ciclopirox olamine cream for now, seeing how it goes. Already see some improvements but not much after couple days use.

If it shouldn’t work I will try the things mentioned above. Maybe coconut oil or even rubbing alcohol.

I am continuing with the ciclopirox olamine cream for now, seeing how it goes. Already see some improvements but not much after couple days use.

If it shouldn’t work I will try the things mentioned above. Maybe coconut oil or even rubbing alcohol.
Do you know if this is a common thing to get an infection from giving blood? This is just so surprising to me.

OP
N

NextLevel_

Don't know what to say to them about that. It's a know remedy.
Sorry, I have read the following below. But this topic was about scalp / male pattern baldness.

-there is something on the scalp that turns sebum, especially saturated fat into PUFA.-

anyway, so for fungus on the skin coconut oil could help then?
Do you have experience with it?

Sorry, I have read the following below. But this topic was about scalp / male pattern baldness.

-there is something on the scalp that turns sebum, especially saturated fat into PUFA.-

Oh gosh I am sorry! I thought I responding to the donating blood and the injection site getting infected thread. My bad so sorry ?

And yes my husband has used the mct coconut oil for toe fungus and it seems to be the only thing to help it. It probably would even clear it up if he were consistent day and night with it.

orangeUglad

Decolorized (white) iodine will work extremely well and you can get it almost anywhere

Gone Peating

I’ve been using undecylenic acid for toenail fungus recently. I’ve had this fungus for over a year and nothing I tried worked.
Started using Equate Antifungal Liquid (costs like $7) for a couple of weeks and the fungus is like 60% gone. This stuff is incredible

OP
N

NextLevel_

And yes my husband has used the mct coconut oil for toe fungus and it seems to be the only thing to help it. It probably would even clear it up if he were consistent day and night with it.
Ok thanks. As far as I know most MCT oils (from coconut) doesn’t contain lauric acid though, it only contains caprylic acid & capric acid.
In your post above specifically lauric acid is mentioned for the benefits of coconut oil. I know that you want to avoid lauric acid in cases where malazessia yeast is involved because it can feed it. But I don’t know in regular tinea if you need to be cautious to use regular coconut oil or the MCT without the lauric acid.

Last edited:
I’ve been using undecylenic acid for toenail fungus recently. I’ve had this fungus for over a year and nothing I tried worked.
Started using Equate Antifungal Liquid (costs like $7) for a couple of weeks and the fungus is like 60% gone. This stuff is incredible
Thank you GP! I am passing your recommendation on to him!

I got rid of mine and my dogs with Johnson's Foot Soap. It has both boric acid and iodine in it. Amazing stuff.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals