Fungal Infection... The Missing Link?

Kram

What are serotonin symptoms and what do they feel like?

Isn't biofilm made up of a buildup of LDL cholesterol? If so, then I would assume doing the things that reduce LDL cholesterol would help dissolve the biofilm.

Thanks for keeping us updated, I have become interested in this protocol and your experience with it.

I have been hearing a lot about the benefits of Black Seed Oil and been debating if I should give it a try or not. It does contain PUFAs so it isn't a Peaty thing to take. I have begun reducing PUFAs and taking Vitamin E to help with that for about 2 months. I may make an exception for Black Seed Oil to see if it helps with issues such as brain fog, constipation, very stubborn belly fat and lack of motivation/drive.

It just always feel like there is something limiting my potential, my energy levels to leave me operating at a sub-par level where I am just going through life doing the minimal to get by.
For me, excess serotonin makes me irritable, agitated/angry and causes a mild headache.

Kram

What are serotonin symptoms and what do they feel like?

Isn't biofilm made up of a buildup of LDL cholesterol? If so, then I would assume doing the things that reduce LDL cholesterol would help dissolve the biofilm.

Thanks for keeping us updated, I have become interested in this protocol and your experience with it.

I have been hearing a lot about the benefits of Black Seed Oil and been debating if I should give it a try or not. It does contain PUFAs so it isn't a Peaty thing to take. I have begun reducing PUFAs and taking Vitamin E to help with that for about 2 months. I may make an exception for Black Seed Oil to see if it helps with issues such as brain fog, constipation, very stubborn belly fat and lack of motivation/drive.

It just always feel like there is something limiting my potential, my energy levels to leave me operating at a sub-par level where I am just going through life doing the minimal to get by.
IMO, the amount of PUFA in black seed oil is nothing to worry about and the risks of PUFA from natural, whole foods (like avocados, eggs, grass-fed beef, whole milk etc.) is negligible and is likely beneficial. Just try to avoid processed/adulterated seed oils that are in commercial food - these are terrible. Not all PUFAs are the same.

Lollipop2

IMO, the amount of PUFA in black seed oil is nothing to worry about and the risks of PUFA from natural, whole foods (like avocados, eggs, grass-fed beef, whole milk etc.) is negligible and is likely beneficial. Just try to avoid processed/adulterated seed oils that are in commercial food - these are terrible. Not all PUFAs are the same.
I agree with this.

OP
Sweatshop Toad
Molybdenum has been working for me. It might be helpful to research it a see what you think.
I’ve been taking molybdenum on and off for a couple years now but unfortunately I never really notice a change whenever I’m on it. Having said that, I know the aldehydes released by candida are taxing on the detox pathways so it could be an appropriate addition to the protocol for the sake of maintaining liver health.

Ras

According to Travis, boron from borax could help the body clear fungi.

golder

According to Travis, boron from borax could help the body clear fungi.

Specifically borax, or will any form of boron work here?

Abundant Life

The serotonin symptoms I’ve experienced include depression, anhedonia, and depersonalization.
For me, excess serotonin makes me irritable, agitated/angry and causes a mild headache.
I do have a lack of passion and don't share the same level of excitement as others around me do. I did have headaches every other day for a while and I think it was due to an electrolyte imbalance as daily coconut water seems to have helped with that. I have always got irritated and angry easily. I thought it was genetic as some members of my family are exactly the same way. We rather be left alone, sitting on the couch and pass the time watching TV or surfing the net instead of feeling exhausted and drained after spending time with others.

I'll have to keep in mind serotonin when I'm feeling down and withdrawn and what I have done recently that could affect it.

I’ve been operating under the belief biofilms are a matrix of opportunistic bacteria/fungi bound together with a sticky polysaccharide that allows them to evade your immune system.
You have sparked my interest in biofilms. Shortly after I posted my last message I couldn't resist the urge to look more into it. From what I understand bacteria and fungi find a spot to build a protective shelter from dangers so they can grow in numbers. Once the population gets big enough some bacteria and fungi will leave the shelter to build another shelter, colonizing the body over time.

The black seed oil seems to have helped slightly, but overall I’ve had the most benefit from 1-3 cloves of raw crushed garlic once every 24 hours before bed. My only concern with this protocol is that I’ve heard garlic is a potent neurotoxin, at least according to this odd-looking doctor:
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=14aZbjs0mIY

Garlic is some pretty hardcore stuff but it is an age old remedy used for generations. Many are questioning his claims and poking fun in the comments section of that video. Nonetheless, I think it is very important to look at both the pros and cons of whatever is being taken even if it makes you throw your hands up in the air in pure confusion.

OP
Sweatshop Toad
I do have a lack of passion and don't share the same level of excitement as others around me do. I did have headaches every other day for a while and I think it was due to an electrolyte imbalance as daily coconut water seems to have helped with that. I have always got irritated and angry easily. I thought it was genetic as some members of my family are exactly the same way. We rather be left alone, sitting on the couch and pass the time watching TV or surfing the net instead of feeling exhausted and drained after spending time with others.

I'll have to keep in mind serotonin when I'm feeling down and withdrawn and what I have done recently that could affect it.

You have sparked my interest in biofilms. Shortly after I posted my last message I couldn't resist the urge to look more into it. From what I understand bacteria and fungi find a spot to build a protective shelter from dangers so they can grow in numbers. Once the population gets big enough some bacteria and fungi will leave the shelter to build another shelter, colonizing the body over time.

Garlic is some pretty hardcore stuff but it is an age old remedy used for generations. Many are questioning his claims and poking fun in the comments section of that video. Nonetheless, I think it is very important to look at both the pros and cons of whatever is being taken even if it makes you throw your hands up in the air in pure confusion.
I take garlic daily, and the way I look at it is even though garlic may exhibit potential (unproven) neurotoxic properties, studies have confirmed the aldehydes secreted by candida will in fact cause dementia, cancer, and a host of other chronic/terminal illnesses.

OP
Sweatshop Toad
I’ve dabbled with boron and noticed little change in my candida and overall health. I know of studies that claim supplementation can increase testosterone, but in my case that didn’t appear to be the case at all as my fatigue/depression/low libido remained constant throughout the window I was supplementing.

If you do decide to give it a try, I’d steer clear of borax as I’ve heard the new formula contains toxic cleaning agents and fillers. Could be safe but why take a chance on something as cheap as supplemental boron? I just got mine off of Amazon from NOW. Not sure our moderators would appreciate me linking it but if you search for NOW boron it should be one of the first things to come up.

Ras

I can't speak for Travis, but I think the only important thing is that the ingested substance increase levels of boron in the body.

Abundant Life

This is important to know about PUFAs. I assumed all PUFAs were the same.

I had joint inflammation that wouldn't go away after ceasing weight lifting and exercise for about 2 months. I was taking Fish Oil and Vitamin D daily for about a year. There were days where I doubled my intake of Fish Oil thinking it would help reduce inflammation faster. It didn't seem to work and that is when I found out how harmful PUFAs were so I immediately dropped the Fish Oil. Later I dropped Vitamin D to reset my body. It seemed to have helped or maybe my body became better adapted. The weights I'm lifting now are heavier and the inflammation is better than it was before. I have been on a anti-PUFA crusade ever since.

I now have some Black Seed Oil and I'm really looking forward to giving this thing a try.

Molybdenum has been working for me. It might be helpful to research it a see what you think.
I actually have Molybdenum without knowing that I had it!

I heard a lot about NAC last year for "the coof" and although that alone was a good enough reason to buy it, it was when the FDA wanted to ban NAC that pushed me to pull the trigger and buy some. The one I got has NAC with molybdenum and selenium. From what I understand the molybdenum and selenium assists with the die off symptoms NAC may cause?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This is important to know about PUFAs. I assumed all PUFAs were the same.

I had joint inflammation that wouldn't go away after ceasing weight lifting and exercise for about 2 months. I was taking Fish Oil and Vitamin D daily for about a year. There were days where I doubled my intake of Fish Oil thinking it would help reduce inflammation faster. It didn't seem to work and that is when I found out how harmful PUFAs were so I immediately dropped the Fish Oil. Later I dropped Vitamin D to reset my body. It seemed to have helped or maybe my body became better adapted. The weights I'm lifting now are heavier and the inflammation is better than it was before. I have been on a anti-PUFA crusade ever since.

I now have some Black Seed Oil and I'm really looking forward to giving this thing a try.

I actually have Molybdenum without knowing that I had it!

I heard a lot about NAC last year for "the coof" and although that alone was a good enough reason to buy it, it was when the FDA wanted to ban NAC that pushed me to pull the trigger and buy some. The one I got has NAC with molybdenum and selenium. From what I understand the molybdenum and selenium assists with the die off symptoms NAC may cause?
They should but I’ve never personally tried that combination.

Abundant Life

I was able to find the "Cosmic Death Fungus" protocol guide. The results on Google was next to worthless. However on DuckDuckGo I was able to find a straight forward, well organized PDF guide with references backed up for more information.

The "Cosmic Death Fungus" protocol consists of taking 1 teaspoon of Black Seed Oil, 300mg of Oregano and NAC in the morning and again at night. For NAC it is 1,200mg in the morning and 600mg at night. Die off symptoms will be experienced so they also recommend drinking plenty of water and if it feels uncomfortable then cut back on the Oregano oil until it can be handled better.

I have begun the protocol and will post updates on how it is going for me.

golder

I was able to find the "Cosmic Death Fungus" protocol guide. The results on Google was next to worthless. However on DuckDuckGo I was able to find a straight forward, well organized PDF guide with references backed up for more information.

The "Cosmic Death Fungus" protocol consists of taking 1 teaspoon of Black Seed Oil, 300mg of Oregano and NAC in the morning and again at night. For NAC it is 1,200mg in the morning and 600mg at night. Die off symptoms will be experienced so they also recommend drinking plenty of water and if it feels uncomfortable then cut back on the Oregano oil until it can be handled better.

I have begun the protocol and will post updates on how it is going for me.
Looking forward to hearing your results. Fingers crossed for you!

Ben.

Not sure if you've read it or if it was mentioned but since you already took NAC i guess you are familiar with Wondro for binding the acetaldehyde?

Abundant Life

Looking forward to hearing your results. Fingers crossed for you!
Thanks, I'm looking forward to sharing my CDF protocol results either way.

Not sure if you've read it or if it was mentioned but since you already took NAC i guess you are familiar with Wondro for binding the acetaldehyde?
No, I have never heard of Wondro before. It must be some super top secret stuff. There are no videos about it on any video platform. The only Wondro info I can find is that topic and the PDF from that topic.

If it really stinks up the place then it must be some potent stuff. Maybe I'll consider it in the future if it can be brought pre-made. The nastiest thing I have tried so far was liposomal glutathione and it smelled as bad as rotten eggs.

golder

What are peoples thoughts on the LL37 peptide for its antifungal properties?

OP
Sweatshop Toad
UPDATE: At over two months in I’ve still made zero improvements on the CDF protocol. Additionally I think my body has developed an inflammatory response to the black seed oil, it is high in omega 6 PUFA after all.

What has yielded benefits is raw crushed garlic nightly, and brushing my teeth with fennel oil afterward. After consuming the garlic its like a light switch flicks in my head and the fog starts to dissipate. Unfortunately this is short lived, as any progress is quickly reversed by consuming carbs. A small bowl of white rice (unfortified) will result in bloating, brain fog, and depression as if I had never killed any candida at all. At this point I’m thinking my gut microbiome could be primarily fungal, if that’s possible.

Next I’ll be trying a combination of artichoke and ginger to hopefully improve my sluggish (1 yeasty BM a week) motility. Will report back with results.

Abundant Life

Over a week into the CDF protocol. Thing to note so far is that on the second day I did feel pretty positive, upbeat with an elevated mood. Since then I have experienced nothing out of the ordinary. Energy levels and brain fog is about the same. Can't tell when my energy is up or down if it is due to the protocol or not. It is early. I'll keep going towards that 2 month mark.

OP
Sweatshop Toad
UPDATE: One of the protocol’s creators has just informed me the Swanson brand oregano oil (which I’ve been using) is extremely underdosed in carvacrol, explaining my lack of success on the protocol thus far.

Anyone adhering to the protocol should avoid Swanson and find an alternative standardized to at least 55% carvacrol, of which Swanson is a pitiful 7%. Will do some shopping around and report back once I’ve found an affordable replacement.

Back
Top Bottom