Fungal/Bacterial Infection: How to proceed?

NextLevel_

Probably the best anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, etc., is oil of oregano. This will be more effective than most natural products available, but there are many to try.
How much to take daily for fungal skin infections and for how long is it safe to take oil of oregano internally?

Dave Clark

How much to take daily for fungal skin infections and for how long is it safe to take oil of oregano internally?
Oil of oregano has strong effects, and most health professionals recommend rotating it with other anti-fungals. The concern is the possibility of upsetting your microbiome {natural good bacteria in your colon}. You could try pulse dosing until your problem is resolved, which is 5 days on, and 2 days off, or rotate with other compounds like olive leaf extract, garlic, neem, golden seal, etc.,etc. Or try the flowers of sulfur that Ray recommends. It is not an exact science, mostly because every person has different reactions, and severity of infection. You will have to experiment with yourself, but be conscious of the herxhiemer reaction, which is a detox reaction that could last a few days {many people feel this and think they are getting worse, and wrongly stop their treatment}. To sum it up, treat oil of oregano with respect, it is strong, but has helped many people. I like the North American Herb and Spice Wild Oregano P73. I can't tell you how much to use, but I would start conservatively, with just a few drops/day, or caps/day, and go from there. Monitor you symptoms, and use more if you are handling it well. And take a break every now and then to rest your microbiome. That is the best I can tell you, but if you do a search, you will find many different recommendations, and some will resonate with you more than others.