Fully Hydrogenated Corn/soybean Oils

michael94

These are common/easy to find in food products. I can think of several off the top of my head that used fully hydrogenated corn/soybean oil, but Im having an impossible time finding these fully hydrogenated oils on their own ( besides 92 degree coconut oil, but I have some of that already ).

I am not loking for butter or coconut oil but I understand why someone would suggest to just use those. Thx in advance.

Fractality

The manufacturing residues are probably the main issues with these things.

OP
michael94

michael94

The manufacturing residues are probably the main issues with these things.

Nickel is used as a catalyst but so is palladium depending on the manufacturer.

I questioned Ray Peat on this matter a few moons ago this was his respons

Attachments

• 7387468C-F083-4300-A4B3-6659DA47F7EB.jpeg
    7387468C-F083-4300-A4B3-6659DA47F7EB.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 139

JessFields

What food products use these? I'm not sure I recall seeing these on labels before. Wait, maybe on peanut butter..

tankasnowgod

These are common/easy to find in food products. I can think of several off the top of my head that used fully hydrogenated corn/soybean oil, but Im having an impossible time finding these fully hydrogenated oils on their own ( besides 92 degree coconut oil, but I have some of that already ).

I am not loking for butter or coconut oil but I understand why someone would suggest to just use those. Thx in advance.

I don't think those oils are usually fully hydrogenated when you see them in products. And I don't see them on their own in stores.

If you were able to purchase them, they would likely be solid. I do not think they would be easy to use at room temperature.

OP
michael94

michael94

I don't think those oils are usually fully hydrogenated when you see them in products. And I don't see them on their own in stores.

If you were able to purchase them, they would likely be solid. I do not think they would be easy to use at room temperature.

reeses pieces is almost fully hydrogenated
lots of products use hydrogenated soybean/palm oil like the mothers frosted animal cookies and some cocoa mixes and dry creamers

something close to fully hydrogenated would be great also, but crisco etc is not even close

OP
michael94

michael94

reeses pieces is almost fully hydrogenated
lots of products use hydrogenated soybean/palm oil like the mothers frosted animal cookies and some cocoa mixes and dry creamers

something close to fully hydrogenated would be great also, but crisco etc is not even close

OP
michael94

michael94

And yes I understand they would be very „hard“
Its not like they dont exist because theyre used in animal studies

tankasnowgod

And yes I understand they would be very „hard“
Its not like they dont exist because theyre used in animal studies

Yes, they absolutely exist, but I don't think the fully hydrogenated oils of corn and soy were ever marketed on a consumer level. With the fear of hydrogenation and trans fats, I suspect this won't change.

OP
michael94

michael94

Well ive found fully hydrogenated soy for sale and its consumer application is mostly candle making as the wax portion.

OP
michael94

michael94

:cigar:

Attachments

• 937A14FC-C674-48F7-AD73-D06B051CBA30.png
    937A14FC-C674-48F7-AD73-D06B051CBA30.png
    333.6 KB · Views: 46

shepherdgirl

I'm not only concerned with the catalyst material but with the catalyst particle size in the finished product and its potential persorption risk.

OP
michael94

michael94

I'm not only concerned with the catalyst material but with the catalyst particle size in the finished product and its potential persorption risk.
it is not easy to find information on catalysts used

I asked Peat about it once he said that palladium catalysts are more often used, I dont know if that means anything to you. I did read that sulfur compounds helps degrade metal catalyst reactivity

I wish an idealistic Jahn-uar to ewe

shepherdgirl

it is not easy to find information on catalysts used

I asked Peat about it once he said that palladium catalysts are more often used, I dont know if that means anything to you. I did read that sulfur compounds helps degrade metal catalyst reactivity

I wish an idealistic Jahn-uar to ewe
Thx for the well wishes!! Happy New Year to ewe 2!
Persorption is where very small particles can jam up your capillaries and stuff. So it's not just the toxicity of the material itself but also how many and how small the particles are that are left in the oil. Although Dr. Peat says that fat can reduce persorption, so if the particles are in fat, maybe it's less of a problem? I just don't know...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals