Fully Hydrogenated Coconut Oil Source

tankasnowgod

I'll order from Bulk Apothecary next so I can compare it with TKB's plastic-y tasting oil. BA is cheaper anyway.

Excellent. I also found Palmin at a local German market in the LA area. I tried both it and the Bulk Apothecary for cooking and topical application. Both worked great for both purposes, overall didn't notice any functional difference. Palmin did come in pre-sized cubes that were really easy to break off, similar to how a Hershey bar might look.

Last edited:

Sheik

Did you also find it super digusting tasting?
No, it's not an overwhelming taste, not for me anyway. I made french fries with it and they tasted a bit like plastic but it was tolerable. If BA's oil is better I might throw this one out (my friend got bits of egg in the bag anyway, yuck). It just seems weird that it tastes like plastic.

I'm still wondering if yours is the same as mine or you got a bad batch or something.

jaakkima

The best way I can describe it is actually a bit rancid. Have you ever rubbed virgin coconut oil on your face? Probably not, but the way virgin coconut oil starts to smell after a while on your skin, that's how this oil tastes. It's fine for frying in, but I wouldn't deep fry in it. I might send it to a lab if I can find one to see if the fatty acid profile on the website is correct

I would be curious too. I used about 10lbs of the TKB stuff before really noticing that it seems much softer than I would expect it to at mild ambient temperatures, partly since the temperatures were wintery here much of the time I was eating it. Just ran out, ordering BA now to see if it's noticeably different.

jaakkima

The best way I can describe it is actually a bit rancid. Have you ever rubbed virgin coconut oil on your face? Probably not, but the way virgin coconut oil starts to smell after a while on your skin, that's how this oil tastes. It's fine for frying in, but I wouldn't deep fry in it. I might send it to a lab if I can find one to see if the fatty acid profile on the website is correct

I would pay part of a reasonable cost for an analysis if you decide to, or if I ever get any time to look around myself.

NathanK

I bought a few pounds from TKB over a year ago. Tastes and looks exactly how you would expect a refined 92 degree coconut oil would. Ive had zero issues with that or their fractionated (caprylic) c.o.

AlphaCog

Tesco Non Dairy Creamer 450g
ShotType1_328x328.jpg

Ingredients
Glucose Syrup, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Coconut Oil), Sodium Caseinate (contains Milk Protein), Contains Stabilizers [INS 340(ii), 452(i), 332(ii), 481(i)], Modified Starch (INS 1450), Emulsifier (INS 471) and Anticaking Agent (INS 551) as Permitted Food Conditioners, Contains Permitted Flavouring Substance

tallglass13

05. grm of Trans fat. I think I would just stick to regular organic coconut oil with 1 grm of PUFA.

Momado965

Cool thread! So what happened with you my peaty brethren who tried BA's 92 CO? Been considering buying some of there products and most certainly 92 CO is one of them.

michael94

Tesco Non Dairy Creamer 450g
ShotType1_328x328.jpg

Ingredients
Glucose Syrup, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Coconut Oil), Sodium Caseinate (contains Milk Protein), Contains Stabilizers [INS 340(ii), 452(i), 332(ii), 481(i)], Modified Starch (INS 1450), Emulsifier (INS 471) and Anticaking Agent (INS 551) as Permitted Food Conditioners, Contains Permitted Flavouring Substance
would probably be pretty good if it werent for the anticaking agent. I noticed similar coffee powder creamers in the US, but theres always one or two damning ingredients.

Birdie

I never used the TKB. Threw it out just before moving to a new state.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals