Fullerene-C60 Non-toxic Antioxidant 100–1000 Times More Active Than Vitamin E

Mhtro

Fullerene-C60 is a non-toxic antioxidant 100–1000 times more active than vitamin E. Although C60 itself is not at all water-soluble, many highly water-soluble fullerene derivatives have now been prepared.

Taken from; C60 Fullerene - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

I became interested in this after it popped up in some Reddit threads.

One study showed C60OO doubled the lifespan of rats, and it also suppressed tumour growth: The prolongation of the lifespan of rats by repeated oral administration of [60]fullerene. - PubMed - NCBI

Here’s an easier to read overview of the topic:

http://www.longecity.org/forum/page/index.html/_/articles/c60health

Longecity also has a section of people’s interesting results experimenting with it:

C60 Surprises - Anecdotes Of Unique Health Benefits - C60Oil

However commercial version is most of the time worsening the condition;
WARNING:

C60 from suppliers have found to be impure and accelerate cancer in a rat model.

Here's a discussion on Longecity: Commercially available C60 Olive Oil causing tumours - C60Oil
Apparently, if light touches it, it becomes toxic.
See Toxicity Studies of Fullerenes and Derivatives
Light exposure can cause C60 to create free radicals and pick up random adducts that can possibly be toxic. This is a very likely a problem if applied to exposed skin, and also if kept in a glass bottle that allows light to penetrate. Even red light is a problem and amber bottles are almost transparent to those frequencies.

@haidut maybe come-up with a blend using on this, I am guessing keeping it safe from becoming toxic will be a pain in the ****.

Anecdotal evidence supporting its use:
C60 and Olive Oil: me and the cats : longevity
Taking Fullerene C60 - 2 weeks later : Supplements
https://www.carbon60oliveoiluk.com/research#WhatPeopleAreSaying

OP
M

Mhtro

Certainly oxidized oil can be toxic. None of the vendors are using the exact method described in the Baati paper, it seems, and none are transparent as to both their methods and the oil they are using. Baati et al made a big deal over the quality of the oil and various precautions they took, such as excluding light. And light--even visible light--is very damaging as it accelerates the oxidation of both the oil and the C60. With C60, epoxides are formed that may not be bad by themselves, but are certainly using up some of the antioxidant capacity. It's also known that polyphenols in olive oil begin to rapidly decline after a couple of months, even in the bottle. Introducing oxygen will make it worse. Given these deficiencies, I'd expect that the C60 oil received from the companies may have some variable level of rancidity, little or no remaining polyphenols, and greatly diminished effectiveness.

Taken from Commercially available C60 Olive Oil causing tumours - C60Oil post #3

Seems like the user is experimenting using MCT oil instead. Using a fully saturated oil would make it more stable, and I can then add in hydroxytyrosol, which may be the most important minor constituent.

hydroxytyrosol

Are you aware of any reliable method to extract hydroxytyrosol from Olive leafs without lab equipment? I tried cold water olive leafs tea, stepping in hot water and boiling. Maybe boiling with some coconut oil will give better extraction?

Marcine

I probably have 10 older friends taking this ***t because someone makes it locally. I don't think it's helping them at all. Snke Oil?

Blue Water

I read a study that this can functionally replace MnSod-2. It extended the life of rats deficient in MnSod by 300%. My question is whether taking it will down regulate endogenous SOD production. However for ALS patients this might be worth experimenting with.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals