Fruits = A Lot Of Farting

vulture

Hi all
I finally concluded most of the fruit I was eating, specially grapes and banana, are giving me a lot of gas, I mean a LOT. Eating mostly veggies, starch, cheese and meat, I'm fine.
I read about tetracyclines as a treatment against this, but I'd like to know if others experience this and what they did

Vinero

Nothing wrong with farting. If their is excessive air in your intestines it has to get out.
As long as you don't have pain in your gut or get high-serotonin symptoms I wouldn't worry about eating grapes or bananas.

OP
vulture

vulture

It's an anormaly high volume of gas. It's farting each 15 minutes at least and for hours. I seriously doubt is healthy to fart that much.
Do you have something similar when you eat lots of fruits?

Vinero

It's an anormaly high volume of gas. It's farting each 15 minutes at least and for hours. I seriously doubt is healthy to fart that much.
Do you have something similar when you eat lots of fruits?
That's a lot of farting indeed. I don't eat fruit, only drink fruit juice.
I don't fart a lot, probably because the lack of fiber in fruit juice.

Lolinaa

Vulture: try charcoal, it should help absorb the toxins in your intestines.
I think tetracycline might be too extreme. I have ordered some at mymexicandrugstore.org and I never received it. I don't recommend this website.

Lolinaa

Vulture: try charcoal, it should help absorb the toxins in your intestines.
I think tetracycline might be too extreme. I have ordered some at mymexicandrugstore.org and I never received it. I don't recommend this website.

YourUniverse

Hi all
I finally concluded most of the fruit I was eating, specially grapes and banana, are giving me a lot of gas, I mean a LOT. Eating mostly veggies, starch, cheese and meat, I'm fine.
I read about tetracyclines as a treatment against this, but I'd like to know if others experience this and what they did
Do you combine fruit with other types of food at meals? Having fruit alone, preferably 15-20 minutes before meals, should ease the problem

RobertJM

Maybe just put it all into a blender/nutribullet, grind all that roughage down, and see if that helps.

I had the same effect with mushrooms, but when I pulverised them (into a soup texture) they no longer had that effect.

Fantix

Most of the store bought fruit ist not very well ripened which can cause problems. cooking your fruits can help sometimes its better tolerated. Something like applesauce , for example.

My guess is you probably have fructose malabsorption. You can get a test to verify. I had this before I encountered Ray's work. I believe it was from a lifetime of avoiding sugar. I was tested for fructose malabsorption and it came back positive. I think it can be a bit like lactose tolerance that goes away if you don't use it but can be regained by slowly reintroducing dairy. After encountering Ray's work and realizing that sugar was important I started adding it back in the form of fruit or white sugar. I found I could tolerate about 10 grams of sugar at a time without trouble. Then I just slowly started increasing it and now it doesn't bother me. Just as an aside we sometimes misuse the word "sugar". Sugar can mean fructose, glucose or a combo. Fructose can be difficult to digest but glucose helps it absorb better so you may do better with fruit that has more glucose than fructose(which you can google). And even adding some table sugar or cooking the fruit can help.

OP
vulture

vulture

Great info.
My guess is you probably have fructose malabsorption. You can get a test to verify. I had this before I encountered Ray's work. I believe it was from a lifetime of avoiding sugar. I was tested for fructose malabsorption and it came back positive. I think it can be a bit like lactose tolerance that goes away if you don't use it but can be regained by slowly reintroducing dairy. After encountering Ray's work and realizing that sugar was important I started adding it back in the form of fruit or white sugar. I found I could tolerate about 10 grams of sugar at a time without trouble. Then I just slowly started increasing it and now it doesn't bother me. Just as an aside we sometimes misuse the word "sugar". Sugar can mean fructose, glucose or a combo. Fructose can be difficult to digest but glucose helps it absorb better so you may do better with fruit that has more glucose than fructose(which you can google). And even adding some table sugar or cooking the fruit can help.
Great info. I actually avoided sugar for years, but now the problem doesn't seem to be table white sugar but lots of fruits. The only fruit I really used to eat was bananas. So, it's interesting to start to progressively add them instead of bombing myself with it.
I hope it's cheap and effective that fructose tolerance test

paymanz

Nothing wrong with farting. If their is excessive air in your intestines it has to get out.
As long as you don't have pain in your gut or get high-serotonin symptoms I wouldn't worry about eating grapes or bananas.
I think something is wrong with it, your either cant absorb the fructose or you have SIBO , or both.

Otherwise sugar shouldn't make lots of gas, that means excess bacteria activity.

squanch

I have the same issue with some types of fruits. Too many grapes or pears in one meal for example. It also happens when I eat the translucent, hard parts in the middle of persimmons. I think it's things like tannins, pectin, indigestible compounds in unripe fruit etc.. that can be problematic in larger amounts.
I would just try different fruits and see if you get the same effect, just one type of fruit for several days and see how you feel. Melons for example should be very easy to digest, I personally don't have any problems with them even in larger amounts.

If you get gas from all fruits, I would look into fructose malabsorption like some people have already suggested.

D

danishispsychic

Hi all
my guess is that your fruit is not ripe. banana that are not totally spotted as too starchy. grape are super sprayed so they neeeeeed to be organic and again ripe. what i have found ... call me koo koo birds.... is adding white sugar to all fruit makes it non fart making as well. why? who knows?

Wagner83

What about juice without pulp, like freshly pressed OJ with a meal? Bananas turn me into a fart machine.

D

danishispsychic

banana only are turning you into a fart machine because they are not super ripe... they are a prebiotic . i strain all the pulp from my orange juice but i only juice cara cara oranges when i can get them. i blend things rather than juice and strain the smoothies sometimes. i think that Tanny Raw on you tube has the whole raw thing mastered . she is amazeballs. but i dont eat raw greens.... eeew.

OP
vulture

vulture

how do you get molybdenum on a peat-type eating plan?
I don't want to be rude, but, have you read that deficiency symptoms?
I mean...I think I would mind a lot more about convulsions or something like that than farting when eating fruits...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals