Fruitarians and Aldosterone

J

j.

Why are fruitarians opposed to eating salt? Fruitarians eat fruits often because they don't want to kill animals, but that doesn't explain encouraging people to not eat salt.

Moreover, their forums are full of threads about people having salt cravings. One told them to just wait because their aldosterone is very low and it might take months to rise.

OP
J

j.

Apparently they blame their salt cravings, of those who have it, on their adrenals not working.

OP
J

j.

I found an article titled:

Blood pressure, plasma renin activity and aldosterone concentrations in vegans and omnivore controls.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the full version.

OP
J

j.

I found that after many months of Peating, I naturally have a much, much higher salt intake due to salt cravings. Is this "high-salt adaptation" a good state? If aldosterone and adrenalin are bad, I guess so.

OP
J

j.

Do their often lifeless faces look that way due to low sodium?

Suikerbuik

Can't find the full text either sadly. Anyway That could be a very good reason J.

The aldosterone is not that good, nor is adrenalin but take a look at angiotensin II (AngII) - insulin resistance, cardiac hyperthrophy, renal and heart fibrosis , and much more. I'm afraid they did not test this or other metabolites in this pathway. Anyway their diastolic blood pressure was higher, which could be a possible indictation of AngII, and that has not to be directly seen in renin level because of the profound renin suppression of AngII. (guessing though, without more information)

Their alkaline diet (fruit and vegetables) will help potassium excretion, which is a good thing because too high potassium induces pro-renin synthesis.

OP
J

j.

Suikerbuik said:
Their alkaline diet (fruit and vegetables) will help potassium excretion

Just by virtue of being alkaline, or would it still use aldosterone to achieve that?

pboy

its not as big a deal when you are getting a constant high supply of potassium, and magnesium, which they usually are...especially the ones eating bananas. They likely do have high aldosterone most of the time...but another problem is that they often don't have enough energy and protein to make steroid hormones, so even if they needed aldosterone it might not be able to be produces...so they might not have the side effects of it, but would lose salt quickly. Indeed, it could be why many of them seem like they are nervously on edge

Parsifal

They also are a lot into the "detox" thing so they think that salt is not alive, an inorganic mineral and that minerals in fruits are organic (chelated by an amino acid) so absorbed by the body while the other minerals are not.
Anyone know more on this topic?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals