Fruit

Nick810

So I eat a lot of grapes, cherries and citrus - I think those are the only 3 that can be eaten in good quantities and easily accessible from Ray's list?

Anyway, Cherries and Grapes, when I eat a large volume - especially near other foods, always seem to give me a little stuffy nose/digestion/hair issues.

I'm wondering if anyone else notices this, or alternatives I can look to.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Melons, you still have melons. Really ripe watermelons are excellent. I been getting some really good ones this year. Then theres honeydew. Also, lychee (spelling?) fruit. There is a really good post around here about info on how to pick good melons. I can dig it up if you want.

OP
N

Nick810

I've been down the melon road before. It's good but they aren't always super easy to digest.

Could do watermelon though - that's pretty easy... they sell half cut open watermelons in my grocery store, do I just look for ones with a deep red flesh and that should be good to go?

Lychees are epic, but not available in many places at all :(

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Not sure how to pick watermelon once they are open. I would guess a bright reddish pink is the way to go. Been having a lot of great picks with just thumping them. Here is a post by bradley where he gives his techniques on how to pick melons.

viewtopic.php?p=1139#p1139

OP
N

Nick810

Just found some cut watermelon, found yellow patch on bottom, deep red flesh. Ate it, no gas/bloating/stuffy nose etc so seem to tolerate it well. Warming too, nice.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:thumbup