Fruit With Protein

beachbum

Bumping.. what other protein with fruit other than milk/sour cream, now whipping cream have very little protein and high in fat but it would be yummy. . Or is there another way to have fruit without insulin spike. I want to have more friut not juice..like a fruit cup.

Thank you
Beachbum

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Bumping.. what other protein with fruit other than milk/sour cream, now whipping cream have very little protein and high in fat but it would be yummy. . Or is there another way to have fruit without insulin spike. I want to have more friut not juice..like a fruit cup.

Thank you
Beachbum
Cheese- farmers, cottage or any other hard or soft cheese you like. Greek yogurt and fruit is delicious too.

beachbum

Cheese- farmers, cottage or any other hard or soft cheese you like. Greek yogurt and fruit is delicious too.
Im starting to think milk is the best bet because it would be lowest in fat and for the fact im allergic to yogurt and dont like the taste of cottage cheese. I did the fruit and cheese and made me way hungry. .maybe it was the type of fruit.. I thought of coconut milk but very low in protein and high in fat.

Thank you very much blossom.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Im starting to think milk is the best bet because it would be lowest in fat and for the fact im allergic to yogurt and dont like the taste of cottage cheese. I did the fruit and cheese and made me way hungry. .maybe it was the type of fruit.. I thought of coconut milk but very low in protein and high in fat.

Thank you very much blossom.
You're welcome, sorry to hear about the issues with yogurt and cottage cheese. I often enjoy low vitamin C fruit like apple sauce with meat. Farmers cheese is low fat and easy to make at home from milk. I will try to find a recipe if you are interested.

beachbum

You're welcome, sorry to hear about the issues with yogurt and cottage cheese. I often enjoy low vitamin C fruit like apple sauce with meat. Farmers cheese is low fat and easy to make at home from milk. I will try to find a recipe if you are interested.
Naaaaaaa you don't have to. I do have applesauce with pork. If we come up with something will post it here. . K. Question... what foods are lowest in pufa, just in general. If you have link post here or pm me if you don't mind.:rolleyes::)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I don't really have a list per se but I just avoid the really high pufa foods like nuts, seeds and the oils extracted from them, chicken fat, pork fat and fatty fish while focusing on what fats I do eat coming from saturated sources like ruminant products and coconut oil. Most natural foods will contain some pufa but some of those foods are so beneficial like eggs, oysters etc that it's still worth it to include them on the menu. If you haven't seen this it might be helpful.
Ray Peat Diet, Food Choices, and General Guidelines | Ray Peat Forum

There are many people here more gifted than I with the intricate details of nutrition so hopefully some of them will reply to your question in a more detailed way!

tara

I did the fruit and cheese and made me way hungry. .maybe it was the type of fruit.
Or maybe just enough to whet appetite but not enough to satisfy it?
If milk or cheese work, that's great.
Another option is jelly made with stewed fruit or fruit juice and gelatin and sugar/honey to taste.

beachbum

Or maybe just enough to whet appetite but not enough to satisfy it?
If milk or cheese work, that's great.
Another option is jelly made with stewed fruit or fruit juice and gelatin and sugar/honey to taste.
Hi Tara,

I went with milk and fruit smoothie I was still hungry. As for gelatin it doesn't agree with me. I do use my homemade bone broth for other things but it effects me mentally in a weird way. I wonder if I have more dopamine then serotonin become if I have RP foods without non RP foods I become too hungry or not satisfied and makes me too awake. I have to have a starch. As for eating cheese as a chunk meaning not melted I get stomach and liver pain. I also want to "try" and lower fat. Anyway, not sure if I can do RP totally. I'm thinking of just watching pufa and cook from scratch with variety of foods. I mostly eat RP. For an example I been carving homemade borrittos with tomatoes onion beans rice lettuce cheese. Tonight I am going to make salad with chicken. Taking things one day at a time.

Thank you again Tara and Blossom.
Beachbum

tara

I went with in a blender milk and fruit.
Yum.

I was still hungry.
if I have RP foods without non RP foods I become too hungry or not satisfied and makes me too awake.
Maybe it just wasn't enough?

I have to have a starch.
I haven't so far got a way to make things work without starch either. I eat at least one serving most days, often two, sometimes three.

As for eating cheese as a chunk meaning not melted I get stomach and liver pain.
Melted cheese tastes great.

Anyway, not sure if I can do RP totally.
I don't think Peat has a set prescription for everyone. You can take the ideas from Peat that work for you.

I'm thinking of just watching pufa
I figure this may be the most important part for many of us, along with making sure to cover basic nutrition needs.

Ulla

Would it be smart to combine eg. cooked apples and boiled potatoes? Haven't tried yet because I am not sure if that combo in theory go together?

beachbum

Yum.

Maybe it just wasn't enough?

I haven't so far got a way to make things work without starch either. I eat at least one serving most days, often two, sometimes three.

Melted cheese tastes great.

I don't think Peat has a set prescription for everyone. You can take the ideas from Peat that work for you.

I figure this may be the most important part for many of us, along with making sure to cover basic nutrition needs.
Very good points Tara. Oh yes the nutrients. .lol. I have been looking at what foods have a good calcium / phosphorus ratio and low pufa. Very interesting how it is important to have a high calcium to low phosphorus ratio for optimum health but aren't that many that do especially nutrient rich.

beachbum

Would it be smart to combine eg. cooked apples and boiled potatoes? Haven't tried yet because I am not sure if that combo in theory go together?
Hi Ulla,

I'm not sure if your from the US but we have "especially on Thanksgiving and even Christmas" sweet potatoes and apples. Yum

tara

I don't see any theoretical reason why adding stewed apples to spuds would in general make them any worse. Potatoes seem to work well for some of us, but not so good for others, probably for reasons already described. Personally, I like both but would probably prefer to have the apples for desert after the potatoes. :)

Ulla

@beachbum @tara

No, I live in another continent :)
I was having doubts about simple sugars and starches together.
In a context of a taste I don't have any doubts :) it should be delicious.

So there is no problem eating fruits together with starches?

tara

So there is no problem eating fruits together with starches?
Can't speak for your personal system, but as far as I've understood Peat, in general sugars may help use starches better.

Ulla

By lowering GI of starches, right?
I haven't really tried before because I try not to mix much different foods together.
thanks Tara for now :)

tara

I haven't really tried before because I try not to mix much different foods together.
Peat also favours mixed meals - carbs, protein and fat together - for improved digestion.

Ulla

I know I know... I remember now everything I was reading.
I discovered Peat's articles 8 months ago.
It has been three weeks or sth since I went into pufa depletion world and suddenly it is like I forgot everything... like can I mix shrimps with potatoes, are shrimps even "allowed" in pufa-clear, is okay having kiwi and rice together on plate...lol..
Three more weeks... :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals