Fruit makes me hyperactive

Grouptose

When I eat starch, I feel sort of numb, anhedonic, angry or bored, but I can still somehow maintain focus, like listen to what someone's saying and things like that. When I eat fruit instead, I feel energetic, excited, euphoric and have an overall good mood, but I cannot pay attention at all. It seems like anything I try to watch, even if it's some really sad stuff, I can't bring my focus into it, I always have that "On the hunt for something I don't have yet" feeling, with starch it feels like I'm not on the hunt for anything, but I can also pay attention to the things in front of me.

Anyone else? I feel good with no starch but all this fruit is making me hyper, if I cut out the fruit aswell then I'll basically be keto since I don't drink milk or eat honey. Should I just start eating starches again and stop the fruit?

Charger

I feel somewhat similar, Low starch/serotonin = nothing really holds my interest in particular for long as far as casual entertainment, but my focus and attention are good on things that need to get done, such as work related tasks.

youngsinatra

When I eat starch, I feel sort of numb, anhedonic, angry or bored, but I can still somehow maintain focus, like listen to what someone's saying and things like that. When I eat fruit instead, I feel energetic, excited, euphoric and have an overall good mood, but I cannot pay attention at all. It seems like anything I try to watch, even if it's some really sad stuff, I can't bring my focus into it, I always have that "On the hunt for something I don't have yet" feeling, with starch it feels like I'm not on the hunt for anything, but I can also pay attention to the things in front of me.

Anyone else? I feel good with no starch but all this fruit is making me hyper, if I cut out the fruit aswell then I'll basically be keto since I don't drink milk or eat honey. Should I just start eating starches again and stop the fruit?
I have the same experience.
Are you eating enough overall calories?
Cutting out starch make my diet way too low in calories to support my metabolic needs, even when I down coca cola like crazy.

I think if you eat a fruit-based diet you need to eat more additional fat sources to add calories. A 33/33/33 macro split could work better for that matter I think.

OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

I feel somewhat similar, Low starch/serotonin = nothing really holds my interest in particular for long as far as casual entertainment, but my focus and attention are good on things that need to get done, such as work related tasks.
I heard it has to do with the foraging response that humans have to fructose, it creates this state where you're constantly hunting for more fruit to store fat in the summer so that you can get through the winter, that could be why fruit/sugar lowers serotonin, because you need high dopamine levels in order to search for things with full attention, and you need high dopamine to discard all of the irrelevant things and only focus on the real mission

jet9

Try upping fats a bit (fatty meats), and make sure you are getting enough colories. I get similar reaction to fruits

- when I am under eating
- and at breakfast if I don’t eat some protein (chicken, etc) before fruit

But in general imho fruit is better for focus / productivity than starch.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals