Fruit Juice Jello

jzeno

Ingredients:
  • 1 Tablespoon unflavored gelatin (one envelope)
  • 2 cups juice
Instructions:
  1. In a medium bowl sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold juice and let stand for 5 minutes.
  2. Heat remaining 1 1/2 cups of juice to just below boiling and add to the bowl, stirring until dissolved.
  3. Pour into dessert glasses and chill for 3 hours.

Yum.

CrystalClear

I think it's a great idea. I grow strawberries and blackberries but won't eat them because of the seeds. Instead, I extract the juice and make jelly with beef gelatin and lots of sugar and enjoy eating them that way.

Waremu

I used to make a similar recipe, but I would add sugar to the fruit juice so that it was more calorically dense relative to the liquid content in the jello. I think it was half a cup of sugar tot h 2 cups of fruit juice. I would also add an extra envelope of gelatin to increase the protein content per slice. It didn't taste sweet enough to me without the sugar. I could I guess in theory use more fruit juice to make it sweeter, but that would be more liquid than I would want. So I just add the sugar. The blueberry juice ones and the strawberry juice ones were my favorite!

dudinator

I used to make a similar recipe, but I would add sugar to the fruit juice so that it was more calorically dense relative to the liquid content in the jello. I think it was half a cup of sugar tot h 2 cups of fruit juice. I would also add an extra envelope of gelatin to increase the protein content per slice. It didn't taste sweet enough to me without the sugar. I could I guess in theory use more fruit juice to make it sweeter, but that would be more liquid than I would want. So I just add the sugar. The blueberry juice ones and the strawberry juice ones were my favorite!
Why not simply get concentrate juice, which has been shown to have less pesticides on this forum somewhere, and dilute the concentrate less? Nothing wrong with sugar, but I'm a lazy man, and that would be my solution.

I use concentrated frozen juice, sugar, and 1/4 cup of gelatin, with a little water. The gelatin comes out very stiff and more like gummie bears, and is more enjoyable to eat and more gelatin-dense.

Birdie

Ingredients:
  • 1 Tablespoon unflavored gelatin (one envelope)
  • 2 cups juice
Instructions:
  1. In a medium bowl sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold juice and let stand for 5 minutes.
  2. Heat remaining 1 1/2 cups of juice to just below boiling and add to the bowl, stirring until dissolved.
  3. Pour into dessert glasses and chill for 3 hours.

Yum.

Thanks. We used to have oj jello every day. But my husband rebelled a couple of years ago.
I'm just using gelatin in my cooking now, but would like to try jello again using another juice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals